Big O back on Schedule...tentitively

Diverse Considerations 07-26-2006 04:27 PM
Does everyone know what tonight's episode is? That's right...Electric City! Big Grin

Get out your bird watching glasses. ^_^
Jonny Axehandle 07-27-2006 12:59 AM
Big-O is back, YAY! I now have a reason to stay up late and post more!
Paradigm Dog 07-27-2006 02:04 AM
I haven't seen BIG-O in a while, and have been pretty bitter about the Season 3 debocle--especially after seeing an anime series with some similar themes, "RahXephon," play out to its ultimate conclusion. Watching Electric City reminded me how unique and compelling this show's atmosphere, characters, and narative were and still are...it just sucks you in. Season 3, where are you???

PS-
spoiler (highlight to read):
I'm sure I noticed it before, but I forgot the Hydra foreshadowing at the end of this episode where Roger says Paradigm took a sample of the sea monster. Cool.
Big Jauln 07-27-2006 05:32 PM
Thank you! Finally!
Mugiwara Luffy 07-28-2006 12:38 AM
Ah, Dastun's annoyingly enigmatic remark: "He's a German guy."

Discuss.
Nine Kuze 08-01-2006 05:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mugiwara Luffy
Ah, Dastun's annoyingly enigmatic remark: "He's a German guy."

Discuss.

Um, why is that annoying to you?

Also I missed the episode but I taped it a long time ago so cool.

The intro to Schwartzwold. What's cooler than that? I also like Roger's journey into the underground and how he saw a vision of what he said was his mother.

Which then turned out to be Dorothy. And has anybody else noticed how much Roger checks out Dorothy's figure? Since the first episode, he does it quite a lot, as he does in this episode as well.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-03-2006 04:49 PM
You know how many people complain that "Day of the Advent" was the worst act in The Big O series?

I feel that way for the "A Legacy of Amadeus" act.

I can't stand this episode but of course, I watched it anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like Instro. Just as a whole, I don't like watching this episode.

I also noticed another thing; for all the services that Roger puts up with Dorothy, she's the only client of his where he never asks her to pay with money. I guess that's the benefits of having her live in your house, do your chores, and whatever she does in the night.

Call From the Past was on last night and if I remember right, Missing Cat is up tonight.
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 08-04-2006 01:36 AM
Missing Cat was tonight. I guess that song Dorothy hums is the ending theme? Maybe its something she knew when she was in a past relationship with Roger in a previous reset?

You know, with all these 1st Season episodes especially, I find it really hard to believe that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Angel is "the Creator" as a majority seem to believe. Maybe some sort of assistant, but not the Creator. They just don't focus on her enough plot wise for this to make sense without seeming cheap. That's the way I feel at the moment anyways
Nine Kuze 08-04-2006 12:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Missing Cat was tonight. I guess that song Dorothy hums is the ending theme? Maybe its something she knew when she was in a past relationship with Roger in a previous reset?

You know, with all these 1st Season episodes especially, I find it really hard to believe that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Angel is "the Creator" as a majority seem to believe. Maybe some sort of assistant, but not the Creator. They just don't focus on her enough plot wise for this to make sense without seeming cheap. That's the way I feel at the moment anyways

You know with the cinematography in this episode, every shot of Dorothy looked good. Just wanted to get that out there.

(Should that be in spoiler mode? Just curious because its not like this is 2003 where this is the first time were seeing The Big O.)

Also Paradigm Dog, Angel isn't the "Creator". She's the "Director". That's quite a difference. I'm not even sure throughout the whole series that there's been a mention of the notion of there being a creator. Just a director of Paradigm City.

And besides, its not like she knows what her role is, let alone know that much about herself. The whole not having memories of yourself and of your past thing.
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 08-04-2006 12:44 PM
What the hell is up with Adult Swim?

I've just watched Call From The Past and Missing Cat (great to see Eugene again!) this past week... why is AS cutting stuff??

The opening is cut, the next episode preview cut, and the ending credits are still sped up. And they even cut the first few seconds of Call from the Past. I know it's not much to complain about but man, doesn't ANYONE remeber the original Big O commericals?

"SEASON ONE UNCUT"

Yeah right. Adult Swim is still giving Big O the sh*t treatment. The fact it's timeslot is at 1:30 in'st so great...

/endrant.

But aside from the above complaints, it's awesome to have Big O back on. Of course this just reminds me I need to track down the vol. 2 DVD... >_>
Nine Kuze 08-04-2006 01:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
I've just watched Call From The Past and this past week... why is AS cutting stuff??

The opening is cut, the next episode preview cut, and the ending credits are still sped up. And they even cut the first few seconds of Call from the Past. I know it's not much to complain about but man, doesn't ANYONE remeber the original Big O commericals?

Are they? I haven't really noticed. But with it being adult swim and all... I wouldn't think of putting past them.

Actually, I hate how the end credits are sped up myself because I would like to hear the WHOLE damn song. To be honets, I hate when adult swim does it for all the anime it hears. It's just annoying.

quote:
Missing Cat (great to see Eugene again!)

Ha! When I saw that, I was thinking "Ah, Umino has to be feelin' this!" And the shooting out scene at Smith Mansion is still off the chain.
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 08-04-2006 01:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Are they? I haven't really noticed. But with it being adult swim and all... I wouldn't think of putting past them.

Actually, I hate how the end credits are sped up myself because I would like to hear the WHOLE damn song. To be honets, I hate when adult swim does it for all the anime it hears. It's just annoying.


Yup, the very beginning of episode 7 is cut. There's suppose to be a scene of Angel trying to light her ciggy. Instead the AS airing just starts with Angel smoking. (However, this may just have been a mistake. After all, these are the people who aired STRIPES in place of the final episode...)

The speeding sucks alot. Because alot of the series they air have great ending songs! I myself can't stand S-Cry-ed, but the ending is pretty cool. It's a shame AS only plays what, 12 seconds of it? Not to mention all the speeding looks really sloopy!

quote:
Ha! When I saw that, I was thinking "Ah, Umino has to be feelin' this!" And the shooting out scene at Smith Mansion is still off the chain.


XD!

I really wanted to go to sleep at 12:30 last night, but I kept thinking to myself "gonna stay up.. Eugene.. Louise getting shot.. Eugene... bellbottoms."

"Where's my kitty? Oh give me back my baby! Poor old Lousie, all she could do was beg..."

Gotta love it.
Paradigm Dog 08-04-2006 04:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Missing Cat was tonight. I guess that song Dorothy hums is the ending theme? Maybe its something she knew when she was in a past relationship with Roger in a previous reset?

You know, with all these 1st Season episodes especially, I find it really hard to believe that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Angel is "the Creator" as a majority seem to believe. Maybe some sort of assistant, but not the Creator. They just don't focus on her enough plot wise for this to make sense without seeming cheap. That's the way I feel at the moment anyways

You know with the cinematography in this episode, every shot of Dorothy looked good. Just wanted to get that out there.

(Should that be in spoiler mode? Just curious because its not like this is 2003 where this is the first time were seeing The Big O.)

Also Paradigm Dog, Angel isn't the "Creator". She's the "Director". That's quite a difference. I'm not even sure throughout the whole series that there's been a mention of the notion of there being a creator. Just a director of Paradigm City.

And besides, its not like she knows what her role is, let alone know that much about herself. The whole not having memories of yourself and of your past thing.
Peace.


Maybe the spoiler tags were overkill, but I thought there might be new fans around. Anyways, Gordon Rosewater explicitly mentions a "Creator" later in the series. No one ever says "Director," although that may be Angel's role as shown at the end. Maybe they're one in the same, but that's a little odd that Gordon would remember Roger and not Angel--he just thinks of Angel as a "memory," and not a role. I don't know, it's been a while since I thought deeply about the whole thing, but I remember it didn't add up for me in the end for me if you put Angel at the top of the food chain.
Nine Kuze 08-04-2006 05:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Missing Cat was tonight. I guess that song Dorothy hums is the ending theme? Maybe its something she knew when she was in a past relationship with Roger in a previous reset?

You know, with all these 1st Season episodes especially, I find it really hard to believe that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Angel is "the Creator" as a majority seem to believe. Maybe some sort of assistant, but not the Creator. They just don't focus on her enough plot wise for this to make sense without seeming cheap. That's the way I feel at the moment anyways

You know with the cinematography in this episode, every shot of Dorothy looked good. Just wanted to get that out there.

(Should that be in spoiler mode? Just curious because its not like this is 2003 where this is the first time were seeing The Big O.)

Also Paradigm Dog, Angel isn't the "Creator". She's the "Director". That's quite a difference. I'm not even sure throughout the whole series that there's been a mention of the notion of there being a creator. Just a director of Paradigm City.

And besides, its not like she knows what her role is, let alone know that much about herself. The whole not having memories of yourself and of your past thing.
Peace.


Maybe the spoiler tags were overkill, but I thought there might be new fans around. Anyways, Gordon Rosewater explicitly mentions a "Creator" later in the series. No one ever says "Director," although that may be Angel's role as shown at the end. Maybe they're one in the same, but that's a little odd that Gordon would remember Roger and not Angel--he just thinks of Angel as a "memory," and not a role. I don't know, it's been a while since I thought deeply about the whole thing, but I remember it didn't add up for me in the end for me if you put Angel at the top of the food chain.

Well, Gordon actually says "the one who directs this stage".

And yeah, same of me about "it being a long time since I thought about Big O on a real intellectual level".
Peace.
Instro 08-04-2006 07:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Delariean
On the Adult Swim schedule page, Big O is tentitively scheduled back on Adult swim on the weekday schedule on July 24th at 1:30 am taking over the spot from Paranoia Agent

This may change or not....but its out there.....

Here's the link:

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html



Wow! Cool schedule, where did you get that?
Cecil XIX 08-05-2006 09:19 AM
I caught this show again, and it's been nice watching it after a years absence. I find myself listening to the music and taking deep, therapeutic breaths. This show just exudes so much class, it's enthralling.