[Fan Art] A wet Alan Gabriel.

Xel 06-11-2006 02:35 AM
Get your minds out of the gutter, folks. Red Face Sheesh.

This happened because I wanted to draw something avatar-appropriate for an RP I'm involved in, but then it sort of took a life of its own. First I was inspired to try a slightly different art style than how we normally see him in Big O, and then to bishounen-ify him somewhat, just for the hell of it. Big Grin Which turned into him being wet for no reason. Is it raining? Did he just get out of the shower? No one knows.

I would like to say that I really, really need a tablet, because drawing stuff entirely with a mouse really, really, hurts. My wrist is on fire right now. XD;

The Big Finale 06-11-2006 03:22 AM
quote:
This happened because I wanted to draw something avatar-appropriate for an RP I'm involved in.

I'm confident that there are at least a few roleplays out there that you play Alan Gabriel in that are not the one that I started. And I mean that seriously.

Anyway, nice. I like the orange background for some demented reason, and the hair is nicely done (accursed hair! I always have so much trouble with it!). He most definitely does look wet. Back of the head is weird, but that's probably because of Alan's freaky lack of ears.

[thumbs up]

quote:
I really, really need a tablet

You and me both.
pen1300 06-11-2006 05:06 PM
I love it! The style is really different, but works so well for his character!

Nice job and you did that with a mouse? AWESOME!

Later,
Pen1300
Chitter-Box-Kat 06-11-2006 05:11 PM
Normaly, I hate Alan with a vengance...but he looks...well...I don't know...But more importantly, YOU DREW THAT WITH A MOUSE!?! Shocked Shocked I am so jealous! I can't draw close to sh*t with a mouse...I much rather use pencils. And markers.
Tifaria 06-12-2006 01:16 PM
Niiice. Big Grin And with a mouse! I'm impressed. The orange background makes me think he just got out of the shower, which.. disturbs me for some reason. Tongue It's the lack of eyes. He could be holding a kitten and sitting on a unicorn and it'd still be creepy because he has no eyes.

Er, my point was, I like it. XD
Xel 06-12-2006 01:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
He could be holding a kitten and sitting on a unicorn and it'd still be creepy because he has no eyes.

I think the fact that he's sitting on a unicorn makes it MUCH creepier. 8O
Tickle Tickle 06-12-2006 01:56 PM
Sexy. Sexy. Sexy. Excellent, Xel. Wink
Nine Kuze 06-12-2006 05:28 PM
That's a very good drawing of Gabriel, Xel. Nice work and no, I didn't think of what you were talking about with the reference to 'A wet Alan Gabriel'. Big Grin

quote:
I would like to say that I really, really need a tablet, because drawing stuff entirely with a mouse really, really, hurts. My wrist is on fire right now.

You did the whole thing on the computer? That just makes it all the more impressive. Where are his ears though? (Actually, its been a while since I've seen Big O so, did he even have ears to begin with). Also, I really like the water dripping off his face and the hair was extremly done well. Again, nice job.
Peace.
Big Money 06-12-2006 05:33 PM
Xel, you have skills in different area codes. And I have no problem saying that even when the subject matter is... disturbing to me...

Very, very nice work, and bonus points for using a mouse.
Xel 06-12-2006 07:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
You did the whole thing on the computer? That just makes it all the more impressive. Where are his ears though? (Actually, its been a while since I've seen Big O so, did he even have ears to begin with). Also, I really like the water dripping off his face and the hair was extremly done well. Again, nice job.
Peace.

I did the lineart on paper, which was then scanned (photographed, actually, since I have no scanner), then digitally reinked with the mouse (which requires a VERY slow and precise hand, argh), and colored/detailed all in good ol' photoshop. To tell the truth, I'm very impressed that I was able to pull off the water at all, so I'm glad you noticed. Big Grin

Nope, he never had ears. X3
IamRogerSmith 06-14-2006 04:44 PM
Full body shot time! OWWW!
Nine Kuze 06-14-2006 07:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Peace.

I did the lineart on paper, which was then scanned (photographed, actually, since I have no scanner), then digitally reinked with the mouse (which requires a VERY slow and precise hand, argh), and colored/detailed all in good ol' photoshop. To tell the truth, I'm very impressed that I was able to pull off the water at all, so I'm glad you noticed. Big Grin

Nope, he never had ears. X3

Oh sure thing Xel, I just thought it was very nicely done and cool feature. Also damn, I didn't know that you took such a complicated process to create this piece. But it was well worth it. Big Grin

Also, I thought he didn't have ears. Thanks for clarifying this for me, Xel. Man, I need to watch that series again.
Peace.
MultiMedea 06-20-2006 12:56 AM
Wow, most impressive. With a mouse even. I'd never have the patience. The water droplets are particularly effective.
Lexx 08-25-2006 07:19 PM
you have the greatest alan art!! i love it! great job!
Xel 08-26-2006 12:00 AM
Aww, well thanks! Big Grin Writing fanfic is much more my forte, I think, but every once in a while the art bug bites...
Lexx 08-26-2006 01:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
Aww, well thanks! Big Grin Writing fanfic is much more my forte, I think, but every once in a while the art bug bites...

true dat! eventully ill post some of my alan art. eventully. Big Grin