Cars

Volt 06-10-2006 01:40 AM
I just saw this tonight, and I gotta say, great movie. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but it was really funny, and had some top notch voice overs. Definitely the best Pixar or Disney movie in years, even better than Finding Nemo. Basically, everyone go see it. If you enjoyed any Pixar movies, you'll get a kick out of it.
Buck Buck #1 06-14-2006 11:53 PM
Yeah, I agree. Cars was totally awesome. I really liked Luigi and Guido, And the part at the drive in during the credits was hilarious.
Volt 06-14-2006 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun
Yeah, I agree. Cars was totally awesome. I really liked Luigi and Guido, And the part at the drive in during the credits was hilarious.

"Wait a minute, they're just using the same actors over and over again! What kinda shoddy production is this?!"
The Baker St. Irregular 06-15-2006 04:54 AM
Pixar PWNS my immortal soul.

As a bit of a 3D animator myself, I must say that movie reduced me to infantile blathering.

Do you have any idea what it takes to make things shiny!? OhDearGod. And don't even get me started on particle systems and lighting, oh, no.

But really, I made the mistake of going in thinking Cars was going to be cute but lacking compared to the other movies. Far from it! I was wrong to doubt the creativity of Pixar, and now I am hugging a plushie Lightning McQueen as I type.

My mom especially appreciated this movie since it apparently depicted "the small town" very correctly. You see, she grew up in a 2,000 person town in Iowa, but had to move to Chicago. From all the stories she told me about her small town, even I felt nostolgic when I was seeing the movie.

It truly is a wonderful film. Everyone should see it, regardless of what any emotionless critics may say. Pixar is sort of like Miyazaki in the way that all their movies are excellent, but some are just a little more excellent than the other. Cars might not be the best one, but it still beats the crap out of most recent American cartoons.