Recipe for an anime party

The Baker St. Irregular 06-05-2006 09:01 AM
ANN posted a link to a Detroit News article about putting together an anime pajama party. Although it seems to be aimed more towards readers who might not know much about anime, it doesn't lead astray with its anime recommendations (Gankutsuou Big Grin , Cowboy Bebop, Miyazaki, ect.) and food suggestions (Pocky, ramune, those wierd koala cookies, ect.)

So perhaps you might like to take this opportunity to share your recipe for an anime party, or your story of one.

I've only had one party that was fully devoted to anime, and that was my first of three Gankutsuou parties. Too many people grew addicted to that show, and rather than passing my poor DVD around like the metaphorical bong it was, I decided to gather all of the addicts at my house for a mass screening. So what I did was I made Gankutsuou-themed invitations and handed them out. Only two people showed up in the end, but it was a blast anyway. We exasperated over the show, ate Chinese food, and watched Howl's Moving Castle.
Lady Tesser 06-05-2006 02:34 PM
An RPG get-together turned into an anime party once. We all met at Elliott's house to role-play, then we got tired of the campaign and sat down to watch 'The Dirty Pair' series and some other stuff. The party ended at 8am the next morning.

Impromptu, messy, but fun.
David Ryder 06-05-2006 04:20 PM
Anime parties are fine as long as they don't become this "oh my god! ^_____^ Kawaii!" or "lets all right awful yaoi fan fiction!"