Movie to have a theatrical release...

Green_Bird 06-03-2006 05:10 PM
Just thought you guys might like to know that the movie will be in theaters given the trailer shown at ACen, seen here. And the movie itself is supposed to be out September 26.

It would seem that Funi is really putting out alot of theatrical releases of their anime this year, be them movies or just the first few episodes combined in movie form (Like Trinity Blood)....
Shredder 06-03-2006 06:12 PM
Funimation licensed the movie (which was what the trailer at ACen was about), but so far we don't know if it will get a theatrical release. It would be cool, though! Happy
Nine Kuze 06-05-2006 07:58 PM
Wow, thanks for the trailer plug, Green_Bird! I've read all about the movie's plot and everything and for the most part, I still don't like it but the trailer does an excellent job in hyping it up for the better.

By the way, who was that doing the bootleg job? All I'm saying is that the shaking of the camera annoyed me for the most part, but still nice find.
Peace.
Shredder 06-06-2006 01:41 AM
Well, actually I just saw on Anime News Network that Funimation (as announced at Anime Boston) has a goal of featuring the movie in "'all major cities,'" so that does really hint at some kind of theatrical release. Sorry, I guess I spoke too soon!

Anyway, I still would like to see FMA on the big screen, even though I don't have the highest of opinions about the movie. It does have its moments, though, but that's a topic for another time...
Sara Comatori 07-30-2006 05:16 PM
Gah...I cried while watching that thing... The voice, the art, the story...all so perfect. I will always love FMA...
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-30-2006 07:14 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Shocked Did you hear those fan girl screams?! Cool trialer. I liked the gypsie lady.
Sara Comatori 07-30-2006 08:46 PM
I just saw the FMA movie on Youtube...It was wonderful...It had Hitler in it!
Outline,Color,Mustasche,Gun and all!
Arei 08-22-2006 09:49 PM
The FMA movie release has been pushed back a few weeks, its coming out this Friday.

I hate Funimation, all of their movies are select release.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/theaters.html <--- theres all of the theaters and play times...

The majority only have 3 showings (Friday and Saturday night and Saturday afternoon) And no its not in all major cities.... there is none in this area except for in Hurst. For some reason Funimation doesnt play their movies in the Dallas area >.> Luckily theres one playing over near my grandparents... so I'll go to that one saturday afternoon xD

The DVD is suppose to come out September 12th.
Septuo 08-25-2006 02:17 AM
I watched the FMA movie on youtube some time ago. The movie was great. I was a bit disappointed by the ending, though. Just wasn't how I envisioned the ending. But that's just my take.
Instro 09-09-2006 10:00 PM
If the release of the FMA movie is widened to include the Western New York area, I will definitely go and see it on the big screen. Otherwise, I have pre-ordered my limited edition of the movie from Amazon and can wait patiently until it comes to my mailbox in November.
Gummibear 09-13-2006 11:43 AM
I just picked up my copy yesterday! Big Grin
minespatch 09-13-2006 03:22 PM
i saw the american theatrical trailer on cartoon network a few days ago.
Nine Kuze 09-13-2006 03:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by minespatch
i saw the american theatrical trailer on cartoon network a few days ago.

Yeah, I saw that as well. Didn't look too bad expect it had the date "August 26, 2006" when it was well into September.

Other than that though, great plug.
Peace.