Half-Life 2: Episode One

paul1290 06-01-2006 08:41 PM
Half-Life 2: Episode One became available on Steam today. I don't have it yet but I'm planning to download it pretty soon.
Mike 06-01-2006 09:36 PM
I preloaded it and probably would have completely forgotten about it if you didn't just remind me.
Travis Bickle 06-01-2006 10:41 PM
I played the first 30 minutes. Good stuff. Alyx > all. And GMAN got PWNED.
Mike 06-02-2006 12:01 AM
Dog kicks ass.
Alyx kicks ass. Especially her gun.
Ridiculously complex facial animations = win.
Crazy blue TV-throwing Gravity Gun = win.

But that dude in the Russian training mission of Call of Duty 2 is still the best, what with his triumphant hand gestures.
Travis Bickle 06-02-2006 12:17 AM
Dark Energy Gun 15 minutes within the game = win.
HDR = win.

I'm not even done with the first chapter. I bet that giant head thingy that you ran into is the reincarnation of Breen.
Sharpshooter005 06-02-2006 12:24 AM
Yeah. Too bad my computer finally decided "hey, it'll be fun if I just don't run things anymore" a while back.

quote:
GMAN got PWNED.

The very idea of this baffles me.
Mike 06-02-2006 10:58 AM
So I beat it today. Pretty short, but full of asskickery. I just have to redo it and hear all of what Alyx said, because the damn AC is too loud.

Also, HDR is awesome. I didn't expect my computer to be able to run it, but when I hit that option I had to change my pants.
Travis Bickle 06-02-2006 12:06 PM
I'm stuck on a train full of stalkers where I have to use my gravity gun to zap something, but don't know what. I gave up after a minute of trying and then proceeded to play DoD: Source.

BTW, what's everyone's user ID at STEAM? Mine is CerpinTaxt1986. I figured a bunch of us could add each other on the new buddy list thing they have going there.
Schwarzwald 06-02-2006 03:39 PM
My steamID is power_fokker I'm pretty sure. Love to play with you guys.

BUT! I haven't gotten episode 1. I may eventually >.> but I heard it plays for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. According to this one guy...
Volt 06-02-2006 04:20 PM
My ID's TheJMan. I gotta figure out how to get some of the damn games to actually work before I can play online, though. Yesterday I was a little nostalgic and in the mood for some Half-Life 1 action, but when I tried to play it, I get 10 FPS with stutters and sh**ty audio. Dayum. And Schwarz, make sure you set your Friend ID, cuz I just tried to add you and said that ID didn't exist.
088nd 06-02-2006 04:47 PM
My SteamID is RusskiTeam.

And there's no way in hell I'm paying $20 for 2 hours of play. Valve's episodic content is the same type of marketing bullsh** that BF2's pack-releases were. They really shouldn't even have done this either, the only good part of HL2's "story" was the ending. It had the same ambiguity as the ending of the first one.
Schwarzwald 06-02-2006 08:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
My ID's TheJMan. I gotta figure out how to get some of the damn games to actually work before I can play online, though. Yesterday I was a little nostalgic and in the mood for some Half-Life 1 action, but when I tried to play it, I get 10 FPS with stutters and sh**ty audio. Dayum. And Schwarz, make sure you set your Friend ID, cuz I just tried to add you and said that ID didn't exist.

Hm. Well I have you on. But thats what it says my ID is under Friends > Options> Edit Profile >Name

"power_fokker"
Travis Bickle 06-02-2006 09:14 PM
I might have before, but I might as well again.

My spray is awesome.

Schwarzwald 06-02-2006 09:20 PM
Yeah I saw that one being sprayed around ^^;.

I should make a custom one instead of just taking a groovy picture from somewhere else =P
Mike 06-02-2006 09:25 PM
Scott, you have to use the gravity gun to pull the stalker away that's trying to eat Alyx.

My username is Rendar77. We have to get a server together, I hate fighting bots in CS.
Travis Bickle 06-02-2006 09:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Scott, you have to use the gravity gun to pull the stalker away that's trying to eat Alyx.

I figured that. Then I played a bit and got stuck in a room with zombies and got bored.
088nd 06-02-2006 10:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

My username is Rendar77. We have to get a server together, I hate fighting bots in CS.

I second that notion. Voice chat only, too.
Mike 06-03-2006 08:58 PM
GAH! This game is filling me with rage. Because it fills my computer with crash to desktop.