X-3: The Last Stand

NVWC2006 05-27-2006 12:51 PM
So uh, yeah, there will probably be spoilers in here, if you didn't see the movie yet....

Bwahahahahaha! I saw this right at midnight the day it came out. Great movie. There were small things I didn't like... The entire thing was action packed, yet, I wish there was more... Also, I thought there should be a bit more plot emphasis, the entire thing was like... expected. Everyone knew Pheonix would make her appearance, and it was like the entire movie just focused on her control of power, rather than the mutants right to exist vs. those who disagreed.. I like Pheonix alot, but that didn't seem right.

None the less, I still enjoyed it. I wish Pheonix got more pwning air time, and I wish she did more than just vaporize her enemies.

Magneto is freakin sweet... after being given the 'cure', he still manages to retain some power.

I didn't see the scene after the credits, because I didn't think to stay, but friends told me about it. I'm not entirely sure what happened, though.

Rumors are already being spread around about an X-4, a prequel, either about Wolverine or Magneto. I'd choose Magneto, because I think his powers are so much cooler, and because he is an ultimate-pwning-Jew.

So, what'd ya guys think?
Hobodoken 05-27-2006 01:16 PM
I read somewhere that there's going to be a movie about Magneto's origins, so yeah.

I didn't see it as just Pheonix developing, I mean, she didn't really develop. She just kept killing people.

A few things pissed me off though, like all the main characters that died, the fact that they made Leech into a little boy with an anti-power sphere, instead of a green Morloc who can just temporarily stop powers. Also how they didn't even mention Callisto's name, nor spikey boy's. I found it ammusing that one of Magneto's higher-ups name was revealed right near the end, and she just happened to have a power just suited for stopping the plastic weapons.

I think the scene at the end, with Magneto being able to slightly manipulate the king, might have been to foreshadow the cure being only temporary. Think of how much that'd suck for Rouge.

I think Magneto also acted irrationally by just abandoning Mystique. I mean, she was all over his junk, even as a human she'd still be.
Sharpshooter005 05-27-2006 01:39 PM
quote:
Rumors are already being spread around about an X-4, a prequel, either about Wolverine or Magneto. I'd choose Magneto, because I think his powers are so much cooler, and because he is an ultimate-pwning-Jew.

A fourth full up x-men film wont happen, they already said it was a trilogy.

Obviously though the door is being left open to prequels or side-stories about a specific character since its marketable
088nd 05-27-2006 01:42 PM
Seriously, I don't understand how their couldn't be a sequel. With the Magneto scene at the end, and the scene that came on after the credits. It'd be too much if they just ended it right there. I liked the movie. I didn't think it was as good as X-2, but it had its moments. Like the "I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" that made it all worth while.
Travis Bickle 05-27-2006 06:37 PM
This was one of the worst movies ever made.
Mugiwara Luffy 05-28-2006 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
This was one of the worst movies ever made.

Haha.

I enjoyed it as a kind of cinematic action-figure diorama. As a film, it failed. What with killing major characters, a rushed plot, and humor at inappropriate times. All I know is that I had difficulty restraining myself from shouting out sarcastic comments in the theater, MST style.

It's just a summer blockbuster, which is why I can't be too tough on it.
seraphjei 05-28-2006 12:08 PM
The line that saved the movie.
"I'm the Juggernaut bitch!"
Mike 05-28-2006 01:46 PM
I haven't seen it, but all the reviews I've seen are stomping it. And that's a shame because the first two ones were awesome.
Big Money 05-28-2006 03:59 PM
I liked it, though the directoral change was quite apparant.

Beast was super-awesome. It sucked that some peeps died, but... one of them was no great loss. You know who I mean.
Sir Nise 05-28-2006 04:28 PM
I know. He sucked more than that one guy... I liked it cuz they made wolverine extra- awesome. Plus Halle Berry mega-spinned on some folks.

Arch-Angel=Awesome, but underused.
Buck Buck #1 05-28-2006 05:41 PM
I really liked how no one cared at all when

spoiler (highlight to read):
Cyclops died

I think that they should make another sequel with Apocalypse as the main villain, that would pwn.
Hobodoken 05-28-2006 06:27 PM
Mr. Sinister would be better.

Especially since he'd be nigh invincible now, and most of his reason for attacking the X-Men is/are dead.
pen1300 05-29-2006 02:37 PM
I haven't seen this one yet.

I had to read the spoiler. >.< I kinda wish I was still in school because there was this kid in my one class who freaking worshipped and BELIEVED he was
Cyclops

Anyway, I've heard there's a Wolverine Prequal movie in the works for sure. Though, that's been there since I saw the third movie was announced.

Later,
Pen1300
Chitter-Box-Kat 05-29-2006 06:19 PM
I just saw the movie today. It was good, though not 'great'. The story and the flow of the movie could have been better. But I did get to see Beast and Angel, and Mistiques real form...so the movie re-deems itself somewhat. I didn't see the extra scene after the credits, and anyone who can tell me what happened gets to be on my Buddy List. Other that that, I liked the ending. Magneto being able to move the king was cool because it sugested the 'cure' wasn't permanent. Big Grin

My three favorite Mutants: Mistique, Angel, Beast.
Mutant who's mutation I want: Either Mistique or Angel. I don't care which.
dancinggummi88 05-30-2006 08:06 AM
omg that movie was soooo good!
my stupid boyfriend went without me so i went with all my lesbian friends and i was sooo glad that i went without him becuase i was actually able to watch the movie. it so kicked ass!
Revan 05-31-2006 12:09 PM
I saw it today, I thought it was good but like so many films today it was fairly standard and didn't do much new.

And ah yes the Juggernaut with his classic cockney accent. Very cliched to me (I'm from the UK) but funny nevertheless.

A solid 7 out of 10 from me
Hobodoken 05-31-2006 01:08 PM
The end scene: (As far as I know)

Recall the scene where Xavier is talking to the class, explaining about proper use of powers and such. Specifically, the brain-dead guy. We see this man in the hospital, and, in Xavier's voice, speak to the nurse. Hello, methinks.

I'm not 100% certain, I didn't know about it, but was later informed. Hopefully I'll see the movie again with my dad, and we can just see it then.
David Ryder 06-01-2006 01:42 PM
Well I'm going to check it out this weekend. So I certainly hope it's decent with all the hype behind it.
pen1300 06-05-2006 05:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

A fourth full up x-men film wont happen, they already said it was a trilogy.

Obviously though the door is being left open to prequels or side-stories about a specific character since its marketable

They left a door open for a forth movie, if they make one, but I won't go to a theater to see it.

I went to see X-3 this weekend and the first thing to tick me off was the $7.25 to get in. Then, we watched this 1 hr 44 min movie and I was like...I paid $7.25 to see this? Good action. Good eye candy. No *real* plot.

One of the best parts is seeing Hugh Jackman. Drooling Drooling Drooling That was totally good. Storm is a good character in some respects, but sometimes I found her just kinda pointless.

I must say, I gasped and stuff during the movie, but I was kinda disappointed.

And Magneto with his returing powers: you can't tell me you didn't figure the cure would wear off? I mean, if you walked 10 feet away from the kid, the powers returned, so in time, the cure should wear off. So Mystique will return, but be PISSED.

A few characters were pointless, i.e. Angel. Mom and I were SOOOOOOO hoping for more. Man was he cute too.
And Leech aka Jimmy. He had a purpose than to be their "cure." I wanted HIS story too.

Lastly, Hobodoken, you're right about the bonus scene, which is why I say your set for a 4th movie in some respects. That was actually quite wicked.

Later,
Pen1300
Chitter-Box-Kat 06-05-2006 07:13 PM
So...what was the scene at the end of the movie credits? I never saw it and I'm curious as hell.