Mysterious countdown

Mr. Saturn 05-22-2006 11:09 PM
Anyone know anything about this?

I sure don't. But I came up with a theory with a friend of mine.

See. It WILL be the sequel to the Dreamcast. Sega has developed the most amazing processor of all time called the G-Stone. This incarnation of the Dreamcast will be called the DreamFIGHcast and it will be utterly unstoppable.

...Until one year later when Sega forms an alliance with SNK who has come up with an even MORE amazing processor called the Genesic J-Stone. Together they will release a cheap upgrade for the Dreamcast making it it's true ultimate form called the Genesic Dreamcast. A console so powerful it EATS other consoles.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-22-2006 11:11 PM
The Sega Revelation at last? That would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath.
Travis Bickle 05-22-2006 11:13 PM
Hopefully a public apology for the following:

-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Discontinuation of the Shenmue series (WTF!? FLOATING STONES?)
-No more Jet Set Radio games
Generalissimo D 05-22-2006 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
-No more Jet Set Radio games

Jet Grind was better.

I'm guessing a merger with Nintendo.

If you think about it, they've become really multiplatform, but side with the Big N most of the time.
Travis Bickle 05-22-2006 11:56 PM
JET GRIND RADIO IS JET SET RADIO...for those who don't know/have never played it.

And it's probably nothing. If it were to be something, it would be featured elsewhere.
Mr. Saturn 05-23-2006 12:27 AM
quote:
JET GRIND RADIO IS JET SET RADIO.

Or if you want to be technical, Jet Grind Radio is De La Jet Set Radio.
Mr. Fortnight 05-23-2006 12:37 AM
I think the countdown is just to the rumored re-release of the Dreamcast, since in all honesty it was a great system and didn't deserve to get buried by the PS2.

Perhaps it'd allow imported games to be playable, so that we'd get to see all the goodness the dreamcast would have offered?
David Ryder 05-23-2006 06:45 PM
Most likely just the countdown to the re-release of the Dreamcast, I doubt it's a new system. Sega was smart to got multi-platform. Although much like the Saturn, the Dreamcast could have lasted longer if they actually released games over here for it.
The Big Finale 05-23-2006 07:54 PM
quote:
Hopefully a public apology for the following:

-Shadow the Hedgehog

The game or the character?
Hobodoken 05-23-2006 08:11 PM
I'm hoping Cerpin means the game.

Shadow was a decent character in Sonic Adventure 2. He helped drive the story along, and his levels weren't terrible, unlike other characters in the Sonic Adventure series.
Travis Bickle 05-23-2006 08:58 PM
I mean the game. It was a complete waste of $50.
Mike 05-23-2006 08:59 PM
I hope you didn't waste your $50 on it. It looked bad from the first promo render showing Shadow holding a Glock.
The Baker St. Irregular 05-23-2006 11:54 PM
*a single tear of absolute joy rolls down her face*

Oh, Sega...
Schwarzwald 05-24-2006 06:21 PM
You guys kidding me? Jet Set Radio was fantasic!!! One of my fav games! Very groovy.

But this is probably just the countdown for the anniversery of the offical death of the dreamcast according to IGN. =P

I reeeeallly doubt it is about any rerelease. I mean... why would they do that? Why would Sega rerelease a console with so many challengers? Unless they were gonna do some backwards compatability and rerelease some Saturn and Genesis games I really can't see them making any profit. Even with Saturn enabled it is still a bet.

Whatever it is though, I hope it is some good news from Sega. Saddly, there isn't a lot coming from them other than Phantasy Star Universe to be really excited about. At least from what I remember seeing on their site.
Shadow dorothy 05-25-2006 05:31 PM
I bet it's to some Sonic game thats gonna get re-released.
Fujiko 05-27-2006 11:52 PM
I do love that song on the site. Laughing

As for the countdown, I truly have no clue. I do doubt it is a rerelease of anything though.
Schwarzwald 05-30-2006 06:47 PM
Only an hour left! Happy Hopefully it is something good.
Buck Buck #1 05-30-2006 08:37 PM
-1 Years, 11 Months, 30 Days, 23 Hours, 23 Minutes, 46 Seconds Shocked OMG!!!

But what does it mean??!?!?!?
Generalissimo D 05-30-2006 08:41 PM
LOL
Asirt 05-30-2006 10:24 PM
quote:
-1 Years, 11 Months, 30 Days, 23 Hours, 23 Minutes, 46 Seconds Shocked OMG!!!

But what does it mean??!?!?!?

The IGN Dreamcast page has been relaunched:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/

The blog entry for the relaunch is here.