Who You Gonna Call....For The third film?

Darkside 05-21-2006 10:29 PM
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3467374

yes boys and girls, it seems talks of Ghostbusters 3 may be coming to life. Dan Akryod said he was working on the script during the second movie. But it seems that it might be coming back to life.

Months old I know, but i just now heard about this, and I'm too lazy to see if theres already a thread for it.
Generalissimo D 05-21-2006 10:34 PM
...BEN STILLER?!

Dude, I want to see Bill Murray again. Motherf*** Ben Stiller. Motherf*** him.
Gato Gurl914 05-22-2006 08:08 AM
Shocked NO. They MUST have Bill Murray! It's not the same without him!
Sharpshooter005 05-25-2006 07:12 AM
Old rumor. They've been "trying" to make this for a while.

Apparently the original cast pairing for the "new" ghost busters would have been stiller, chris farley before he died, and I...think chris rocks name was mentioned.

It's probably never happening. Which may be just as good, but I think the general premise of visiting "hell" as its described could make for something really good. Better than the original premise for ghostbusters anyway which...apparently they were supposed to be traveling through space and time, and fighting ghosts. The special effects budget and technology couldn't really pull that off though.

edit: The full article its talking about, halfway down it mentions slightly more about the aborted project and pretty much says its never happening.

http://www.infocusmag.com/05november/ramisuncut.htm
Diverse Considerations 05-25-2006 02:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Apparently the original cast pairing for the "new" ghost busters would have been stiller, chris farley before he died, and I...think chris rocks name was mentioned.

Chris Farley as a ghost buster. Now that would have been a sight to see. Only Chris Farley would be able to counteract the natural sucking force that Ben Stiller exerts.

I miss Chris Farley. Frown I think I'll go watch Tommy Boy.