Marvel's Civil War

Generalissimo D 05-21-2006 09:30 PM
New limited series about, you guessed it, a civil war between superheroes.

What makes this interesting is some on the Sentinel's that are going to be featured, which my 4chan going friend showed me.

See anything familiar?
Hobodoken 05-21-2006 09:36 PM
While the first one tings of Big O and the Behemoth, the others look more Gundam-esque that Big O. Maybe Eva-ier though...

Still, this should be interesting, though it's probably essentially them trying to compete with DC's recent Infinite Crisis, and their more recent 52. =\
Wazpy 05-21-2006 09:55 PM
The guy does admit to Big O being a source. I hope those are pumps and not "reimagined" into generators or cannons or something boring. I want to see robotic air blasts live again.
Diverse Considerations 05-21-2006 09:59 PM
Yeah, someone's definitely been watching their anime here. The arm pistons are definitely Big O. The feet on all three smack of Gundam. You can tell by the fact that they look like boots, with a separate heel section. The only EVA related part reference I can come up with is the spikey protrusions.

It must be hard for that guy on the end to sit down...
Hobodoken 05-21-2006 10:03 PM
He's a goddam Sentinal, he's got no time to sit down. Too much Mutie killing to do!
Sephiroth 06-10-2006 06:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
He's a goddam Sentinal, he's got no time to sit down. Too much Mutie killing to do!

Alas, Sentinals are defending mutants now, since only a small group of mutants remains after the events of House of M.

Anywho, on the Civil War, as my sig a few weeks ago stated, I'm siding with Iron Man, simply because he is awesome, plus he is on the side of the Sentry, the best thing to come out of Marvel in years.

I suppose the whole Civil War could be compared to the Infinite Crisis, but it seems like it is going to focus a lot on one specific character, Spiderman. Given the half and half Spiderman costume shown on the promotional art for Civil War, and the changes that have come from Spiderman's new Iron Man-esque suit, it seems as if Spidey might be defecting to the side of Captain America at some point.
Nine Kuze 07-24-2006 04:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
quote:

Alas, Sentinals are defending mutants now, since only a small group of mutants remains after the events of House of M.

Anywho, on the Civil War, as my sig a few weeks ago stated, I'm siding with Iron Man, simply because he is awesome, plus he is on the side of the Sentry, the best thing to come out of Marvel in years.

I suppose the whole Civil War could be compared to the Infinite Crisis, but it seems like it is going to focus a lot on one specific character, Spiderman. Given the half and half Spiderman costume shown on the promotional art for Civil War, and the changes that have come from Spiderman's new Iron Man-esque suit, it seems as if Spidey might be defecting to the side of Captain America at some point.

I've been reading up on the Civil War in Marvel lately and its getting pretty good. I've read the individiual stories for Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and Wolverine.

The Spider-Man story was damn good, with Peter Pareker revealing his true identity to the world. And I really liked how Jameson reacted to the whole thing, even going as far as to sue Parker and get back every single cent that the Bugle paid for his pictures. And also, I was seriously wondering and concerned about Spidey's new costume. I don't like it.

The FF story wasn't as good but Johnny Storm got beaten into a coma at a club and the Thing is looking to side with the unregistered heroes, meaning against his fam. And the Wolverine story didn't really have that much to do with the Civil War, although he spent the issue tracking the guy (Nitro) who is the suppose catalyst to this whole thing.

Anyway, I'm looking to read the Captain America story since he's the biggest fugitive hero out right now and I want to see his view on the issue. Also, as far as sides go, I'm with Cap.
Peace.
Hobodoken 07-25-2006 09:29 PM
I've kept up mostly. After reading the X-Men one, I only had this to say:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Ogre's going to ruin Emma's sh**. Cyke's gonaa be maaad.
Nine Kuze 09-06-2006 11:52 AM
I'm kind of bored at the moment and I decided to bring this thing on back.

Anyway, I've been reading up on the Civil War that Marvel's been going through right now and this is what's poppin' at the moment (if I missed anything or you got something to add, then please do so);

- Captain America and Iron Man are at odds with each other, and also buliding up teams on who supports the Registration Act and those who don't. Ol' boy Cap just picked up Luke Cage, whose wife and child fled up North.

- Spider-Man (in his new costume, which sucks hard in my opinion) is with Iron Man after revealing his identity to the world. But ol' boy is having second thoughts about his decision after having a fight with the Cap.

- The Thing, not going along with the rest of Fantastic Four (the ones that aren't in a coma), is going against the Registration Act.

- X Factor, who for some reason is now being led by Multiple Man (what the hell happened to my boy Havoc?), are at odds with Quicksilver and with the X-Men and take over a city, declaring they are against the Registration Act as well.

That's all I got. There was also somethin' that had to do with the kids whose parents were evil and I think their the New Avengers and the old regular Avengers got involved but that issue sucked and I don't remember much of it.

Also, shoutout to ol' boy Thor who should be coming soon... if he hasn't already that is.
Peace.
Hobodoken 09-06-2006 12:25 PM
Few things that are/I think are less than accurate (and other fun bits):

-Spiderman's second thoughts were hit on when Iron Man mentioned Spiderman's Spider Sense, which Peter had only mentioned to Mary Jane and Aunt May, so Peter thinks that the "Iron Spider" suit might be telling Iron Man more than Peter wants to reveal.
-The Thing isn't againt the act, so much as against the fight. He's not Pro- or Anti- Registration, but Anti-Civil War, so he's left for a while.
-Storm and the Black Panther are married, this allowed the heroes to be in contact despite the criminal status of most of them and such, since Black Panther's a King and all.
-Thor is back, known as "Project Lighting" or somesort. Apparently killed someone, or caused someone to be killed recently, according to the most recent Cable & Deadpool. Oh, and Deadpool fought Squirell Girl, and lost.
-Wolverine wore Iron Man's armor to fight Namor under water. End result-> Nitro killed an Atlantean, but Namor gets to kill Nitro, and Wolverine knows who sold the super-drug or whatever.
-Runaways and Young Avengers teamed up, Nico thinks Patriot's cute, Molly thinks Speed's fun, Wiccan and Karolina talked about dating a Skrull, Victor and Vision are practically brothers or something, and Xavin was pissed at Hulkling for not uniting the Skrull Empire, then got attacked by a multi-dimensional Kree or something.
-Mutant Town is fairly independent, and they're pretty much just trying to not be killed. Quicksilver has a way to get Mutants to regain their powers or something, so he's likely to come around and gain support of mutants who want their powers back and such.
Nine Kuze 09-06-2006 05:19 PM
quote:
Few things that are/I think are less than accurate (and other fun bits):

-Spiderman's second thoughts were hit on when Iron Man mentioned Spiderman's Spider Sense, which Peter had only mentioned to Mary Jane and Aunt May, so Peter thinks that the "Iron Spider" suit might be telling Iron Man more than Peter wants to reveal.
-The Thing isn't againt the act, so much as against the fight. He's not Pro- or Anti- Registration, but Anti-Civil War, so he's left for a while.
-Storm and the Black Panther are married, this allowed the heroes to be in contact despite the criminal status of most of them and such, since Black Panther's a King and all.
-Thor is back, known as "Project Lighting" or somesort. Apparently killed someone, or caused someone to be killed recently, according to the most recent Cable & Deadpool. Oh, and Deadpool fought Squirell Girl, and lost.
-Wolverine wore Iron Man's armor to fight Namor under water. End result-> Nitro killed an Atlantean, but Namor gets to kill Nitro, and Wolverine knows who sold the super-drug or whatever.
-Runaways and Young Avengers teamed up, Nico thinks Patriot's cute, Molly thinks Speed's fun, Wiccan and Karolina talked about dating a Skrull, Victor and Vision are practically brothers or something, and Xavin was pissed at Hulkling for not uniting the Skrull Empire, then got attacked by a multi-dimensional Kree or something.
-Mutant Town is fairly independent, and they're pretty much just trying to not be killed. Quicksilver has a way to get Mutants to regain their powers or something, so he's likely to come around and gain support of mutants who want their powers back and such.

- Oh yeah. I remember about the Spider suit. Yeah, that was interesting I hope he looks into that later on.
- Damn it, what about Bishop?! But Black Panther does kick ass.
- I need to read the latest Wolverine issue. The last one I read was where he was naked fighting against three of Namor's folk, who were also after Nitro. Just kill that dude already.

Also one more thing. Spoiler time:
I don't remember if this is a part of the Civil War arc or anything but I read it a while back and liked it; what happened to Thor's hammer in Oklahoma? Was it Dr. Doom who picked it up and whatever happened with that storyline?

Peace.
Nine Kuze 12-07-2006 04:29 AM
I don't know if anybody is still reading into this but, I'll post it here anyways. Um, the lastest issues I read kind of go like this:

- The Sentry goes to the Moon and explains what's going on to the native people from there (don't know their name) who have declared war on the entire human race if anything happens again involving them. Then, Iron Man recruits Sentry on his side.

- Invisible Woman left Mr. Fantastic.

- Iron Man almost got killed by his employee but is saved by Maria Hill at the last amount. Afterwards, her and others in another issue, she tries to get Tony Stark to take the job as the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

- Spider-Man turns is back on Iron Man, flees with Mary Jane and Aunt May, sports the old costume duds, and denounces the Registriation on national television. Last panel, Iron Man looking mean says "Bring him in".

There's the stuff with the New Avengers but, they don't interest me that much.
Peace.
Larry99 03-08-2007 06:11 PM
On March 7th, 2007, Marvel Comics has decided to kill one of their longest comic characters. In the Civil War series, Captain America was shot and killed. I have not read the comic but I have read Wikipedia about his death.
Nine Kuze 03-08-2007 06:17 PM
It was on the NY Daily News, yeah.

I haven't read the issue yet, but yeah Cap does die and what a weak way for him to go. Also, what happens at the end of the Civil War. I just read one issue...
Where everyone is fighting and all of a sudden, the next panel is about a couple of missing heroes, like Spider-Man. Then, he's home (somehow) and a sniper tries to take him out but Peter moves himself and MJ at the time with the last panel showing that the shot hit Aunt May instead on purpose.

So yeah, don't really know what happened with the end of the War and all.

Also, shouldn't this go here?
Peace.
Larry99 03-08-2007 06:24 PM
I know that Captain America and Superman have died. What other superheros will/have died? Also, go to Wikipedia to get the full history on Captain America if you want to know something on this American symbol.
Hobodoken 03-15-2007 05:38 PM
Superman came back to life a year later, and blew stuff up.
Captain America is supposedly deep in a S.H.E.I.L.D. base, not-dying.

So, Hereos that have "died"?

Origninal Green Arrow (Resurected)
Second Green Lantern (First quasi-resurected as The Specter (who's the spirit of God's Vengence), and then later as a human)
Bucky, Cap's sidekick (Never acutally died, retconned into having been a Soviet Agent for decades)
Aunt May (retconned or something)
Gwen Stacy (Might have been cloned at some point, probably still dead)
Ben Riely, a clone of Spiderman
Spoiler, formerly the female Robin (Still dead)
Thor (Ended the cycle of Ragnarok)
Hector Hall (First Silver Scarab, next Sandman, then Dr. Fate, now in the realm of his abducted/dead son, the second Dream of the Endless)
Clint Barton (Hawkeye, then Goliath, then Hawkeye again. Scarlet Witch did it)
Vision (not anymore)
Jason Todd (Superman-Prime punched reality, so he's now evil or an anti-hero)
Supergirl (Died way back, now there's another one.)
Superboy (Superboy-Prime killed him. Still actually dead)
Dream of the Endless (Still dead, There's another one now)
Dispair of the Endless (Still dead, There's another one now)
Sunspot, of X-Calibur and the X-Men (Lost powers when in a volcano)
The whole team of X-Static, first in a publicity stunt, but two survived, then more kept dying, and then finally they all died. Except Doop. Maybe.
Echo (Killed by Electra and The Hand, then they brought her back to life)
The Question (CANCER! Still dead, there's a chic now)
Kal-L (Superman of Earth-2, supposedly died before, now he's dead again)
Lois Lane (Earth 2 one)
Barry Allen, second Flash (Died in Crisis on Infinite Earths, saving the Multiverse, still dead)
Red Tornado (He was a robot, they killed him all the time, stuck his body somehwere, and it rebuilt itself. Now he's a human)

And I'm keeping it to heroes here, otherwise there'd be tons more.
Mike 03-15-2007 09:03 PM
Retcons suck.
I remember that storyline when Superman died, and then they had a bunch of mini-comics about like 3 or 4 guys who all claimed to be the next Superman, and then Superman came back.....

Anyway I didn't get into the Civil War thing. But I guess it's over as one of the leaders is "dead."
Sharpshooter005 03-15-2007 09:07 PM
Reposting from another forum which exists in a parallel dimension:

Capitan America:
He died that a comic book writers hamfisted political allegory may live.
Big Money 03-15-2007 09:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I remember that storyline when Superman died, and then they had a bunch of mini-comics about like 3 or 4 guys who all claimed to be the next Superman, and then Superman came back.....

Sharpshooter005 03-15-2007 09:49 PM
Yeah wasn't one of them a robot or something?