Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA

Mr. Saturn 05-21-2006 02:47 PM
Am I the only DDR Tournament going player who's excited about this? Thisi is the first arcade release on Konami's part since Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (8th Mix) in like... '02. Before the godawful In The Groove was made and completely ruined the Bemani community.

Anyway, yeah. Disneyland has got it any I'm gonna be there on the first for my Grad Nite so I'll FINALLY get to freestyle on it then. Big Grin

EDIT: Other big news about this is that This is Konami's first US arcade mix since the first Dance Dance Revolution (Which had all of like... 20 songs. XD) It's marketed specifically to us because Japan is sick of DDR from what I hear.
Travis Bickle 05-21-2006 06:23 PM
There's one coming two blocks away from me. I'm waiting for the PS2 version, though. I'm not really one for DDR arcade machines.

I don't really take DDR that seriously. I can get the highest of AA on a handful of "Heavy" songs, but I don't go and post a screenshot of said achievement on my MySpace like a person I went to school with. I play about an hour a day, though, because I use it as an alternative to actually going to a gym (and I lift heavy things every day, so it helps cancel it out). I've lost a great deal of weight from it, so why not, right?
NVWC2006 05-21-2006 10:29 PM
I am excited, yes, but I will for one not put down ITG. A number of my friends, who would have otherwise have lost interest in DDR, kept playing because ITG and Stepmania gave them new things to try. I personally don't live very close to the nearest ITG machine so I can't really play that often.

We haven't gotten a DDR Supernova in my city, at least not yet, but the previews online make it look so sweet..

I want to try Fascination Maxx. I know I would die, I'd be cremated, crushed, and then sent into a singularity, but I still want to try it.

*hums Burning Heat!*
Mr. Saturn 05-22-2006 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
There's one coming two blocks away from me. I'm waiting for the PS2 version, though. I'm not really one for DDR arcade machines.

I don't really take DDR that seriously. I can get the highest of AA on a handful of "Heavy" songs, but I don't go and post a screenshot of said achievement on my MySpace like a person I went to school with. I play about an hour a day, though, because I use it as an alternative to actually going to a gym (and I lift heavy things every day, so it helps cancel it out). I've lost a great deal of weight from it, so why not, right?

DDR was never meant to be taken seriously. Me and the guys I roll with, we're not into all that AAA garbage and team bullcrap. We remember when the game was about kicking ass and having fun. Here's to all the good times.

I don't play for score or improvement anymore. At all. I hit the ability to do 10s and I was like "Ok, none of that" so I set it to Basic (Light for all the post Max/6th Mix players) and I dance. Like... real dancing. Instead of arrow smash.