[Suggestion] Frozen dating scheme in the profiles.

X Prime 05-18-2006 01:23 AM
As in, when you click on someone else's name to see their profile, their birthday is fixed in the European dating format no matter what you have your date settings as. I imagine this is a bug since as far as I know your Date setting applies to everything else on the forum.
Krang 05-18-2006 01:40 AM
I also noticed that when setting up the forums. The problem is that the format is hardcoded into the script rather than separated into a template or language variable like every other date. This is probably due to the fact that birthdays aren't compatible with WBB's date formatter when the year is left out, and looking at the code, the same seems to apply to custom profile fields that use dates. It would be an easy fix to change the format that is used, but since it wouldn't necessarily correspond to the setting that each user has chosen (and since WBB3 isn't too far off which will probably correct this anyway), I decided to leave it as it is.
X Prime 05-18-2006 01:44 AM
Ah. I was too lazy to try fixing it myself, so I thought merely setting up the converter function would work. Guess not.

Upgrading to WBB3. Oh boy. What I'd do to have it arrive in June.
Krang 05-18-2006 02:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Ah. I was too lazy to try fixing it myself, so I thought merely setting up the converter function would work. Guess not.

I thought so too, but it appears that the function requires the date to be in Unix timestamp format, which wouldn't work for a date with no year. Plus, it also wouldn't work for birthdays before 1970 unless they attempted to use negative numbers, although I'm not sure how well that would turn out.

quote:
Upgrading to WBB3. Oh boy. What I'd do to have it arrive in June.

I'm also looking forward to that. It sounds like current license holders will be able to beta test it in the next few months, so we'll at least get to try it out sometime soon (even if it's not quite stable enough to upgrade yet).
X Prime 05-18-2006 02:31 AM
I actually bought my license when the English WBB2 first came out. Prenium to boot. Good thing I did so I can get WBB3.