weird places to watch movies, or weird places for movie screenings

Fujiko 05-15-2006 10:08 PM
I think the title kind of explains it all, but I shall elaborate. What was the weirdest place you've ever watched a movie at? Is it annual, or was it a one time thing? Did you host it? I ask b/c I am actually planning to go to watch a an old black and white movie (haven't decided which at the moment) and they're screening it at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in (obviously) Hollywood. They're doing this all summer.
Zopwx2 05-15-2006 11:19 PM
In the bathroom.
Diverse Considerations 05-16-2006 12:41 AM
During football season, students would have to wait out in front of the ticket offices all night in order to get tickets in the morning. The lines were long, and during the winter it was brutally cold. People would take shifts.

While I was doing my shift for my dorm hall, I happened upon another group who had rigged up a television, VCR, and PlayStation to their minivan. They watched movies and played games well into the night. But every hour they had to turn the car on and run it for a while to recharge the battery. It was a cool setup.
Patsai 05-16-2006 02:29 PM
It's not a question of where, but who. Try watching the dinner scene in the Wedding Crashers with your mom (or if you're a chick, your dad).
Nine Kuze 05-16-2006 04:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko
I think the title kind of explains it all, but I shall elaborate. What was the weirdest place you've ever watched a movie at? Is it annual, or was it a one time thing? Did you host it? I ask b/c I am actually planning to go to watch a an old black and white movie (haven't decided which at the moment) and they're screening it at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in (obviously) Hollywood. They're doing this all summer.

I don't have a weird place where I watched movies, usually at friends' places or at my place or the movie theater.

But as for the old black and white movie that you're going to watch, I do have some suggestions such as Double Idenmity, Sunset Bouvelvard, and The Maltese Falcon. If you want, you should take a look at those two.
Peace.
David Ryder 05-16-2006 05:18 PM
About the weirdest place I've watched a movie is my bed room, so yeah.
Mike 05-16-2006 08:38 PM
We used to have this huge-normous Chevy van, one of those ones with the extra big roof and a TV and a VCR. Going to and from the shore and various other places, we would watch movies. I think we watched Mousehunt 900 times in that car.
Buck Buck #1 05-16-2006 09:19 PM
One time I was with my sister, and we went to this random guy's house and watched Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. That night was pretty crazy to begin with, and that just made it even stranger. Atleast I knew most of the people there, just not the guy whose house it was.
Fujiko 05-17-2006 01:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
But as for the old black and white movie that you're going to watch, I do have some suggestions such as Double Idenmity, Sunset Bouvelvard, and The Maltese Falcon. If you want, you should take a look at those two.
Peace.

Actually, Sunset Boulevard happens to be one of my favorites ^_^ I'm pretty sure they'll play it at some point. The one I'd like to see is Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

quote:
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

Laughing
M.S. Feather 05-17-2006 03:03 AM
The hospital?
I was visiting my little brother and had to sit in this horribly uncomfortable chair in the corner of his room where I watched some childish movie. I haven't the faintest idea what it was.

Also, though it wasn't a weird place, I distinctly remember this one time at my Dads house when me and my sister rented a few flicks to watch later that night. Unfortunately the big TV in the living room was broken so my Dad pulled out this smaller TV for us to use (you know, those tiny ones with the VCR built in) and placed it on top of the bigger one.
So we spent that night watching films on our ghetto fabulous set-up. My sister had picked up Pitch Black and I got Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which was a problem because the screen was so small we couldn't read the subtitles. What a bust.
pen1300 05-27-2006 02:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
It's not a question of where, but who. Try watching the dinner scene in the Wedding Crashers with your mom (or if you're a chick, your dad).

I second that! Try watching Wedding Crashers in the lounge of the all girls dorm with the all girls staff, as the opening scenes are going. I think someone yelled something. To top that off, the boss is in the room.

LOL, but our boss fell asleep during the movie.

Later,
Pen1300