That Film You Slept Through Lately, What Was It?

Nine Kuze 05-13-2006 01:14 PM
I been waiting for a while to do a thread like this. And its kind of like the "What are you listening to?" thread in the Amadeus forum and the "What are you playing?" thread in the Pool Hall forum.

Basically, just post down what movies (or anything else, like television shows) you are watching right now or have watched recently.

The movies I've watched recently were:
- Annie Hall
- Double Idenmity
- Network
- Princess Mononoke
- Sunset Bouvelvard
Peace.
Raphaela 05-13-2006 01:41 PM
-Wayne's World
-Empire Records
-Clerks

...basically, a lot of spastic comedies with no real plot, but classic.

I love Garth Alger. ^_^
David Ryder 05-13-2006 01:42 PM
Same stuff as always for me.

Trigun Box set ( the Adult swim edit version is just to funny and the edits are flat out crazy)
Berserk Boxset (Don't count on seeing this on AS)
Gungrave
South Park
ATHF
Robot Chicken
Travis Bickle 05-13-2006 01:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Trigun Box set ( the Adult swim edit version is just to funny and the edits are flat out crazy)n

I just bought both limited edition tins. Best investment I ever made.

And right now, I'm watching a lot of David Lynch films. Eraserhead being one of them.
Sir Nise 05-13-2006 07:07 PM
I watched this movie called "Grave'send".

It was so wild. It was about these four friends who lived in Grave'send Brooklyn. They're a hodge-podge of kids that play a bunch. But it gets ill when this one crazy guy named Zane shoots his friend's brother. The movie is mainly about them trying to get rid of the body and them finding their own problems. It's mad ill. Peep it on OnDemand if you got Comcast. Go rent it otherwise.

note: Duck-loads of cussing! Not for kids.
Nine Kuze 05-15-2006 05:06 PM
Went to go rent four movies over the weekend. I checked out;

- Brokeback Mountain
- A Clockwork Orange
- King Kong
- Walk the Line

I haven't gotten the chance to check out Clockwork yet, but the other three were pretty damn good.

quote:
Originally posted by Raphaela
-Empire Records
^_^

I remember Empire Records. Its bad but fun and enjoyable to watch as well.
Peace.
David Ryder 05-15-2006 05:15 PM
I watched broke back last sunday, It sucked. I didn't see what was so great about that damn movie. *Is mobbed by gay rights activists *
Nine Kuze 05-15-2006 05:29 PM
quote:
I watched broke back last sunday, It sucked. I didn't see what was so great about that damn movie.

Really? What didn't you like about, buddy? I thought it was a very well made film (hence why Ang Lee rightfully won Best Director) with great shots of the landscape, nice cinematography, nice screenplay, and Ledger did some very remarkable acting (at least in my book). Gylennhaal was alright too, even though I really can't stand him and I'm glad what happens to his character at the end:

quote:
Dude Twist dies, drowns in his own blood after a very bad car accident

But still, he did good and the film was better than I expected.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 05-15-2006 05:31 PM
This lovely little movie called MIRRORMASK!

This is how my first film will be made, I said upon seeing the opening.
David Ryder 05-15-2006 05:33 PM
quote:
What didn't you like about, buddy?

I though the acting was awful. As for Hethe Ledger's acting, I couldn't understand a damn word he said with that accent. And I hate Ang Lee, Wind Talkers is what made me hate him. He turned a serious WWII story into a Hong Kong action movie.
Nine Kuze 05-15-2006 05:37 PM
quote:
quote:
What didn't you like about, buddy?

I though the acting was awful. As for Keith Ledger's acting, I couldn't understand a damn word he said with that accent.

Well damn, man. I thought 'Heath' Ledger's acting was pretty damn good and the accent worked for me. Kind of like (and I'm in no way comparing the two, just a very broad comparsion) Marlon Brando's Godfather, expect there were no cowboys and Brando completely pwns.

Also, I forgot that Anne Faris was in the movie and shocker, despite what I saw in the Scary Movies, she can actually act. Nice job, Anne or even better, Lashawn.

Also, King Kong was pretty damn good as well. Naomi Watts did her thing and now, I've completely forgetten about the existence of The Ring which is a VERY good thing.

EDIT: I also checked out Ben-Hur over the weekend. The movie was damn long but it was pretty damn good. Heston did his thing and I can see why the film won 11 Oscars. But damn it all, I fell asleep during the movie and missed the classic chariot race, but what I did catch to see was a very good movie anyway.
Peace.
Mike 05-15-2006 08:17 PM
Jurassic Park 1 and 2.
Nine Kuze 05-17-2006 05:04 PM
Finding Neverland. It was pretty good, too damn short, and with some of the accents it was hard to understand some of the dialouge. But overall, Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet's performances were damn good and the girl playing the play's Peter Pan was a nice surprise as well.

quote:
Originally by Gaddes
I watched American history X last night again. Now that's a damn good movie.

Oh yeah, that was on last night. As well as The Return of the King but I skipped those two and opted for Finding Neverland because I've already seen the other two before. American History X's use of the black and white cinematography during the past and prison segments is simply remarkable and yeah, it is a damn good movie.
Peace.
David Ryder 05-17-2006 05:09 PM
I watched American history X last night again. Now that's a damn good movie.
Nine Kuze 05-19-2006 05:37 PM
The Flight of the Phoenix...

...the original. From 1965. The one with James Stewart and Peter Finch, not Dennis Quaid and Tyrese Gibson.
Peace.
angelcakes 05-19-2006 09:05 PM
This week I watched:

- The Producers
- The Queen of the Damned

I think I'm going to see a movie tomorrow too...either The Da Vinci Code or Posiedon I think.
Inigo Montoya 05-19-2006 09:38 PM
Queen of the Damned
Star Wars Ep. 1-6
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan
Phonebooth ( Ithink it's the right title, I missed the title scene)
Jenna Jameson's The Masseuse
Sonic the Hedgehog
Saw
Saw II
An American Haunting
Team America

I also read 32 books from my library in the last two weeks. Jeezus, I need a hobby.
Mike 05-19-2006 09:45 PM
Demolition Man is on.
Demolition Man is awesome.
Therefore, I am watching Demolition Man.
AlexRosewater 05-21-2006 02:37 PM
Ultimate Avengers: The Movie
From Dusk Till Dawn
Adventures of Pete and Pete
Night of the Living Dead (Remake)
X Prime 05-21-2006 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise
I watched this movie called "Grave'send".

It was so wild. It was about these four friends who lived in Grave'send Brooklyn. They're a hodge-podge of kids that play a bunch. But it gets ill when this one crazy guy named Zane shoots his friend's brother. The movie is mainly about them trying to get rid of the body and them finding their own problems. It's mad ill. Peep it on OnDemand if you got Comcast. Go rent it otherwise.

note: Duck-loads of cussing! Not for kids.

I actually live three houses away from a guy whose dad was actually in that movie in a semi-important role. Well, dad or uncle.

---

I watched the first season DuckTales DVD.