That Film You Slept Through Lately, What Was It?

pen1300 07-21-2006 04:26 PM
Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast

After fighting with the cat to move from in front of my computer screen, I settled down to watch this yesterday afternoon. It's a good rendition of the story, but I think Fairy Tale Theater so ripped this version for their hour show. It was black and white, subtitled (it was in FRENCH), and very good. I enjoyed the moving heads in the fire place (the statues were alive).

Later,
Pen1300
The Question 07-21-2006 07:25 PM
Batman Begins
Van Helsing
Pirates of the Carribean (the first one)
watched them all at school because the teachers gave us free lessons
angelcakes 07-23-2006 02:55 PM
Since about two weeks ago I've seen:

Rent
The Hot Chick (late night channel surfing...honest!)
Unfaithful

The one thing I don't get in Unfaithful...

spoiler (highlight to read):
How on earth did the husband manage to kill the lover with a snowglobe and NOT break the glass?
Nine Kuze 08-03-2006 03:46 PM
Analyze That
Analyze This
A Knight Tale
Passion of the Christ
Vertigo

For the record, A Knight's Tale sucked. The plot was weak and the music they were playing didn't fit the movie at all. It just annoyed the hell out of me. Vertigo is still one of my favorite films. And Passion of the Christ is still an alright movie but forget the movie 'cause Mel Gibson is CRAZY!

And surprisingly, the Analyze movies were actually funny. Especially watching Robert DeNiro sing songs from West Side Story.
Peace.
pen1300 08-03-2006 07:26 PM
A Knight's Tale was attempting to do something different. I enjoyed that movie a lot.

Shopgirl
How this is a comedy I'm not sure, but it makes for an EXCELLENT drama/love story. Totally worth watching it because it keeps you on the edge. When I talk to the screen (i.e. asking a character "What's wrong?"), it's a good movie. Intense and emotional. Steve Martin is brilliant.

Later,
Pen1300
David Ryder 08-03-2006 08:25 PM
quote:
For the record, A Knight's Tale sucked.

Truth. I love european culture and Knights and what have you, but A Knights Tale left me a little dry. And yes the music was way out of place.

I also watched Memoirs of a Geisha recently. Honestly, it was awful and the "hey look most americans are to stupid to tell the differnece" Asian cast was kind of insulting. For a movie set in japan, the cast itselft wasn't. I think there was a total of what 3 japanese actors. I mean yeah Zhang Ziyi is obviously a Japanese name.
Nine Kuze 08-03-2006 08:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
For the record, A Knight's Tale sucked.

Truth. I love european culture and Knights and what have you, but A Knights Tale left me a little dry. And yes the music was way out of place.

I also watched Memoirs of a Geisha recently. Honestly, it was awful and the "hey look most americans are to stupid to tell the differnece" Asian cast was kind of insulting. For a movie set in japan, the cast itselft wasn't. I think there was a total of what 3 japanese actors. I mean yeah Zhang Ziyi is obviously a Japanese name.

While I agree with you on the Knight's Tale front, is that why you thought "Memoirs" sucked? Because basically the cast members were from every part of Asia, except Japan?

I'm just curious is all.

Also I forgot but I also saw Hook. Is it bad? Yeah, pretty much. But I have to be one of the last standing that enjoys this movie.

And I'll keep standing for it.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 08-03-2006 08:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also I forgot but I also saw Hook. Is it bad? Yeah, pretty much. But I have to be one of the last standing that enjoys this movie.

And I'll keep standing for it.
Peace.

QFT.

Some movies seriously should carry a small sticker that asks "PLEASE REMOVE STICK FROM ANUS BEFORE WATCHING".
David Ryder 08-03-2006 08:54 PM
quote:
Because basically the cast members were from every part of Asia, except Japan?

No but it's a big reason. I thought the actting was weak, boring, and like I said, it really insults your Intelligence. Oh and for the record, the book was weak as well.
Nine Kuze 08-18-2006 12:56 PM
2001: A Space Odyessy
Downfall
Inside Man

With only like 40 minutes of dialogue, 2001 kicked ass and is really great filmmaking. I can't get enough of the ending and of that weird as you know what Jupiter, space and beyond sequence. Kurbrick, ftw.

Downfall is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Its about the last 10 days of the Third Reich during WWII and Bruno Ganz KILLS it as Adolf Hitler. Where the hell was his Oscar?! And also there's this one girl who played the lead, Alexandra Maria Lara, that looks exactly like Natalie Portman (a tad older probably not nothing to noticeable). In fact, Lara is what Portman would be... if she was only able to act. Amazing movie and so many suicides left and right, you will lose count.

Also, Inside Man was alright. Look to see how the robbers planned everything at the end although it predictable at a point. It had a very cool Lupin feel to it too, which I was feeling. And oh, Jodie Foster looked good. Big Grin
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-25-2006 09:00 PM
The music videos for Wild Child and Only Time by Enya. Pretty.
Generalissimo D 08-25-2006 09:10 PM
I've been watching the events of Feb. 13th replay over and over and over and over and over in my head in excruciating detail.
Septuo 08-25-2006 09:11 PM
I see most of my shows and movies on youtube anymore

Watching-
.Hack//Roots

Saw-
Clerks 2
MST3K: Hobgoblins
Pink Floyd's The Wall
Ikki Tousen
David Ryder 08-25-2006 10:11 PM
Inside Man: Ummm. yeah, this movie was ok for the most part but one has to wonder if Spike Lee is really that good of a writer when he simply uses the "f-word" everyother word.

Metalocalypse: It's nice too see that someone at AS has good taste in music. This is a fun show, with great music.

quote:
MST3K: Hobgoblins

"Now I'm gonna hit myself with road flares." Hobgoblins is one of the best Mike era episodes.
Septuo 08-25-2006 11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
"Now I'm gonna hit myself with road flares." Hobgoblins is one of the best Mike era episodes.

I still can't decide whether I prefered "Manos: Hands of Fate" to it. Its really hard to beat a movie where Mike and the bots run out of things to say and wind up repeating the title.

Off topic thought: Can anyone imagine Tom or Crow as a Megadeus?
David Ryder 08-25-2006 11:41 PM
quote:
"Manos: Hands of Fate"

Funny thing is I just got done watching that episode. Mano's is spanish for hands so the movie is really called Hands: hands of fate. It's a classic because they had to dub the voices as it was shot on a camera that had no sound.
Nine Kuze 09-05-2006 05:04 PM
Angels with Dirty Faces
Braveheart
The Hustler... twice!

And I was watching My Fair Lady but I just never finished it for some reason or another.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 09-05-2006 09:29 PM
Uh as of late (last 2 days)
.Grease
.Silent Hill
.Valgur
.Predator
.Dirty Love
.Animaniacs season 1
Nine Kuze 09-19-2006 05:33 PM
Each Dawn I Die (1939) - starring James Cagney, George Raft
Reds (1980) - starring Warren Beatty, Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson
Sin City (2005) - starring Bruce Willis, Mickey Rouke, Jessica Alba
Peace.
Nine Kuze 10-02-2006 08:32 AM
Dances With Wolves (1990) - starring Kevin Costner
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Arnold Furlong
The Third Man (1949) - starring Orson Welles, Joseph Cotton

I finally saw D.W.W. and its not bad I have to say. I still have a grudge against it but not bad at all. And there's a marathon on SVU... a marathon! All day and I had to get in on that. Besides, SVU is the best of the three (there's three on them, right?)
Peace.