That Film You Slept Through Lately, What Was It?

pen1300 06-20-2006 02:28 PM
This weekend I watched "Cassanova" with Heath Ledger. I wish I had seen it in the theaters. I laughed, nearly cried, and loved the humor!

Oh I enjoyed that movie so much. I adore Heath Ledger.

I have The Brothers Grimm to watch at some point today or tomorrow...

Later,
Pen1300
Nine Kuze 06-26-2006 07:09 PM
- All the President's Men
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
- Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here

EDIT: Forgot two other movies;
- The African Queen
- Frida
Peace.
angelcakes 06-26-2006 07:14 PM
This weekend I ended up watching:

- Sin City
- Chicago
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I'm thinking of renting something tonight too.
pen1300 06-29-2006 01:33 PM
Yesterday was:

Brothers Grimm

That was a let down after watching Cassanova and the director did Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My one coworker/friend (who watched both of these movies) agrees Brothers Grimm was a bit to violent to the animals...

Though, the second half was good, but the first half drug onnnn.

Soon (as soon as they are processed-today) I'll be getting:

Tristan + Isolde and The White Countess.

Later,
Pen1300
David Ryder 07-01-2006 01:17 PM
Over the weekend I watched a few movies:

Hoodwinked: I actually thought this movie was pretty good. A nice easy going film.

16 Blocks: Another good film. While I don't think Mos Def is a good rapper (and he's not underground for that matter) and well he's not much of an actor either, so yeah.

Wedding Crashers: To put it bluntly, worst movie I've seen in years. Awful, just awful. I loathe Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn.

Now time for some sleep.
pen1300 07-01-2006 08:14 PM
I thought Wedding Crashers was a funny and good movie (except for one scene). Maybe its because I like Owen Wilson, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Last night: Tristan and Isolde.
MAN, was I blown away by that movie. It was real, emotional, and just BEAUTIFUL. Though, watching the "making of" featurette just made the movie even better.

Later,
Pen1300
Shaoblane 07-01-2006 08:20 PM
I saw Monster-in-law for the first time.

It wasn't to bad. J-Lo isn't so bad. Diane Lane wasn't so bad. However, the abslute best part was seeing J-lo get her head smashed repeatedly into a cake.
There's alot of people I'de like to do that too.
David Ryder 07-06-2006 05:48 PM
Hustle and Flow: I hated this movie. Then again I hate rap music so yeah that was to be expected. I though it was pretty funny too.
Buck Buck #1 07-06-2006 09:56 PM
Last week I saw Steam boy, Howls Moving Castle, and Superman Returns. They were all really good. Superman was alot better than I had thought it was going to be.
Volt 07-06-2006 10:03 PM
I watched the Apocalypse Now Redux last night. Apocalypse Now is really the only war movie I think I'll ever love. So great on so many levels.
Nine Kuze 07-07-2006 04:06 PM
- Gone With the Wind
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- On the Waterfront
- Syriana

Those are the movies that I watched over my week off. I saw all four hours of Gone With the Wind but I had to do it in two parts; the first time I watched it, I missed the first two hourse but caught the last two and then a couple of days later, I watched the first two hours again... and then the rest of the movie as well. Very good movie, and I don't see how people thought it was racist. As a matter of fact, given the time it was produced (1939), I thought the black members of the cast were very respectfully portrayed... or maybe that's what they want me to think. I'm kiddin'.

Memoirs was good, very well photographed on the cinematography part and Ziyi Zhang and Michelle Yeoh look so damn good as well. But it kind of just ended for me. I mean the ending was bad, its just the way the ending ended (it that sense at all). I haven't gotten to the special features yet but what's on there sounds good. Syriana was slow as hell at first but picked up at the end and I didn't get confused at all, I just fell asleep (I saw it on July 4th and I saw cooking out all day).

And lastly, On the Waterfront has to be one of the best movies I've seen. I can't say enough of the acting, the screenplay, and the direction. I highly recommened it. Thumbs Up
Peace.
David Ryder 07-07-2006 04:15 PM
quote:
I don't see how people thought it was racist.

Good god, people actually though that Nine? I've seen the movie as well. I agree the black actors where portrayed quite well for a film made in 39. But people just love to scream racist in this day and age.
Nine Kuze 07-07-2006 04:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
I don't see how people thought it was racist.

Good god, people actually though that Nine? I've seen the movie as well. I agree the black actors where portrayed quite well for a film made in 39. But people just love to scream racist in this day and age.

Yes, that's true my man. People were dicting that Gone With the Wind was racist because it portrays that the other side of the Civil War (the Confederacy) should have won instead of the Union of the North and that African-Americans should still be slaves.

And when I heard that, I said "No s***." Don't get me wrong by any means, I'm black as well but what the hell did these people expect? The film was told from the view of a Southern woman who, SHOCKER, lived in the South with other Southern people who wanted to protect their way of life which involved slaves. I'm not in any way agreeing that slavery is right no matter what race is being enslaved but seriously, its not racist. The book, well, that's a whole different story.

Also, Viven Leigh looked good as well. Pleased
Peace.
angelcakes 07-07-2006 11:02 PM
In the past week or so I saw:

- Annapolis
- The Nun
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
- The Family Stone
Chitter-Box-Kat 07-07-2006 11:21 PM
I saw the Pirates movie. JOHNNY ROCKS!
Travis Bickle 07-08-2006 01:27 AM
Gummo. I have now been scarred for life.
Nine Kuze 07-12-2006 07:17 PM
11:14
The Aviator
The Hustler
Somebody Up There Likes Me

I've been rewatching all my DVD's with the commentary on and the latest one was The Aviator (next up, Raging Bull). Also, I watched two Paul Newman movies late last night. The Hustler was a great performance by Newman and S.U.T.L.M. was gritty, and another tough and great act by Newman.

And then 11:14 is one of those movies where there several different stories bound together by a common theme (movies like Crash or Magnoila). In this movie, Ben Foster (Angel in X-Men 3) gets his penis detached when he is pissing through his friend's window and they get in a car accident, Rachel Leigh Cook screws her boyfriend in the cemetery and he gets killed when they're rockin' so hard, a statue falls on his head, Hilary Swank asks her friend to shoot her in the arm to stage a robbing of the gas station where she works, and Patrick Swayze... period.
Peace.
pen1300 07-13-2006 09:58 PM
Today's movie was called:

A Good Woman. This movie is based off of an Oscar Wilde play and I was slightly worried how it'd turn out, but I was very pleased with the ending.

Later,
Pen1300
Hobodoken 07-13-2006 10:31 PM
Saw The Life of Brian last night.

Good movie. I loved the ending.
Nine Kuze 07-21-2006 04:10 PM
Chinatown

I couldn't sleep and I was flipping through the channels and saw this movie was on. One of my favorite films of all time and one of the best film noir, detective movies. I also just love the last line of the movie (check out my location).
Peace.