The Jetsons......live-action movie

R.Smith 05-11-2006 02:16 AM
http://www.movieweb.com/news/36/12436.php

quote:
Warner Bros. is bringing The Jetsons back to the big screen in a live-action film.

The storyline will be based on the popular animated Hanna-Barbera TV show, says Variety, which revolved around the travails of George Jetson, wife Jane, daughter Judy, son Elroy and their dog, Astro.

Adam F. Goldberg is writing the screenplay; no word yet on a production schedule for The Jetsons.

Ugh...... Dead
Sharpshooter005 05-11-2006 02:18 AM
Anybody remember those live action flintstone movies? Unfortunately, so do I, and this seems like the same thing.
Travis Bickle 05-11-2006 09:36 AM
YES, TALKING APEMAN! IN THE FUTURE, WE USE PUNCH CARDS TO STORE DATA!

This movie will suck.
David Ryder 05-11-2006 12:18 PM
My god...hollywood never learns. Also, no Rosie? Judging by the tiny bit of info she isn't in it.
Randolph 05-11-2006 01:30 PM
And now everyone knows why I gave up on Tinsel Town years ago.
Nine Kuze 05-11-2006 03:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Anybody remember those live action flintstone movies? Unfortunately, so do I, and this seems like the same thing.

Yeah, except somehow this will be worse... much worse.

Look, the cartoon series of the Flintstones completely pwned the Jetsons series. So, we're pretty much looking at the same thing here. Why do people do things like this?

quote:
Also, no Rosey? Judging by the tiny bit of info she isn't in it.

How can you even think of having a Jetsons movie (still trying to get over that) without Rosie? She held that series down the best she could. Her and Astro, they were the best characters.

quote:

Nice. That episode was actually on last night, IN THE MYSTICAL YEAR OF 2002! (looks at calendar that says *2004*)
Peace.
Mike 05-11-2006 05:15 PM
Maybe it would be about Rosie snapping and savagely murdering the family with kitchen tools and feeding them to the dishwasher.

There were only like...10 or so episodes of the Jetsons ever made. So yeah I don't think it was ever really super popular.
Randolph 05-11-2006 05:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
There were only like...10 or so episodes of the Jetsons ever made. So yeah I don't think it was ever really super popular.

This is true. But it will not make the live-action film any less horrible than doubtless it shall be.

Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Garfield, Underdog, Jetsons... what's next, the Simpsons? Family Guy? Where does it end?
Sharpshooter005 05-11-2006 05:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

HA HA....third kind.
R.Smith 05-11-2006 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

Yeah, I do never saw them, but yeah....that's why all I had to say was "ugh".

quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Well, actually around 75 made. Granted most people know "The Flinstones", more then "The Jetsons". Personally, I enjoyed watching both cartoons. Smile
Lady Tesser 05-11-2006 08:50 PM
"Jetsons: the Movie" had 80's teen temptress Tiffany doing Judy's voice. Needless to say, her voice acting put the entire VO industry to shame.

I hope she doesn't decide she wants to play Jane in the live-action.
Fujiko 05-11-2006 08:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
http://www.movieweb.com/news/36/12436.php

quote:
Warner Bros. is bringing The Jetsons back to the big screen in a live-action film.

The storyline will be based on the popular animated Hanna-Barbera TV show, says Variety, which revolved around the travails of George Jetson, wife Jane, daughter Judy, son Elroy and their dog, Astro.

Adam F. Goldberg is writing the screenplay; no word yet on a production schedule for The Jetsons.

Ugh...... Dead

You'd think they'd learn after the Scooby-Doo movies, but nooooo....
Randolph 05-11-2006 09:02 PM
Well, really. If Garfield: The Movie couldn't penetrate their skulls, I doubt there's any hope to be had.
Blue Crow 05-13-2006 10:13 AM
can anyone honestly say that they didn't see this coming eventually, though?

quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Look, the cartoon series of the Flintstones completely pwned the Jetsons series.

dude, whatev. astro > dino.

-BC
Nine Kuze 05-13-2006 11:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow

quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Look, the cartoon series of the Flintstones completely pwned the Jetsons series.

-BC

I meant overall in quality to the two series.

I don't know about that, man. Although Astro was the best character in the Jetsons (although, sadly, that's not saying much), Dino held his own with the Flintstones and he was much more animated and more entertaining.

EDIT: Also, I thought of this as well. What if they just kept doing live action adaptions of other Hanna-Barbera? Like...

- The Secret Squirrel
- Space Ghost
- Birdman
- Johnny Quest (actually, that wouldn't be too bad. Like a much better Matrix)
- Topcat
- Yogi Bear
- Tom and Jerry
- The Smurfs

Just a really scary thought as far as adaptions and filmmaking goes.
Peace.
Diverse Considerations 05-14-2006 12:35 AM
I agree that this is an awesomely bad idea. But let's play with it some. Who would you cast in the roles?
Sharpshooter005 05-14-2006 02:15 AM
quote:

Keep in mind though...there was some ad for chesterfields or lucky strikes or..something, using the flintstones.

So thats a fifty point bonus
Fujiko 05-15-2006 12:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow

I can honestly say that I did not see this coming. But it might be because I don't really care for the show.

quote:
Johnny Quest

I actually think that would make a good movie. Or at least decent. I used to watch the old-school version as a kid (when CN was at one point mainly about playing old-school stuff) and it wasn't bad.

quote:
Keep in mind though...there was some ad for chesterfields or lucky strikes or..something, using the flintstones.

They were Winstons.