Super Smash Brothers: Brawl announced. NOW WITH: Video

Generalissimo D 05-13-2006 09:59 PM
X Prime 05-13-2006 10:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
It would be a cream dream to see Pious f***ing Agustus beat the f*** out of Kirby and then send Mantorok to just KO everyone else on the screen.

However, that won't happen, since I'm one of 5 people that've played Eternal Darkness.

Edward + elephant gun FTW

It always seemed to me that you couldn't do well as either Zelda or Sheik, you had to use both. Sheik to quickly rack up the %, but she lacks hard-hitters. Zelda's attacks all hit really hard and throw insanely far, but she's slow. Switching between them was the key.

Ah, but you see, that works to Sheik's advantage. It is possible to chain whip juggle repeatedly, and Sheik does have a few hard hitters that can send a guy flying.

Let's not get into Fox's infinite.
Mike 05-13-2006 11:54 PM
Oh, Fox is just godly. There's no denying that.
thebravest1 05-14-2006 07:17 PM
All I know is that I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game. I mean I would love to see a show down between Samus and Snake. Also if Sonic was able to get into the game dear God my fanboyness would take over and consume my soul.
Fujiko 05-15-2006 12:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
It always seemed to me that you couldn't do well as either Zelda or Sheik, you had to use both. Sheik to quickly rack up the %, but she lacks hard-hitters. Zelda's attacks all hit really hard and throw insanely far, but she's slow. Switching between them was the key.

I disagree. It depends on how much practice you get with Sheik/Zelda (yes, yes, I know, stating the obvious), but I tend to do way better with Sheik and her/his (I think more "her") hard-hitters.
X Prime 05-15-2006 05:40 AM
I'll say this much: Sheik is high up on technical tiers, while Zelda... ahem.
Mike 05-15-2006 09:05 AM
Ok I guess I just suck as them. Zelda definitely is cheap though, with every attack knocking you halfway to your doom.

I still stand by Fox, Samus, Link and Roy. Those were who I was always best as.
Big Money 05-15-2006 02:17 PM
Falcon > all. Except maybe, maybe Dr. Mario, who rivals them in awesome.
Randolph 05-15-2006 04:25 PM
The Great Ganondorf pwnz j00.
Because he is a wizard. And as we all know, wizard > all.

They had better adapt his long-haired-badass-king-of-evil version from the end of OoT for Brawl.
NVWC2006 05-15-2006 04:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
I must say though...hearing Snake say "Showtime!" makes me want a Big O version of SSB now... (yah, the Big O fan in me still wants a full fledged game)

[imagines Afro-Beck squaring off against Mr. Game and Watch]

[Imagines Schwarzwald and Mario going at it with their own flame throwers]

[Imagines Roger Smith and Snake both shouting "It's Showtime", then whaling on one another for stealing the other's line]

it makes me happy to know i wasn't the only one, especially on this forum, who instantly thought of this when Snake said "showtime"
The Big Finale 05-15-2006 04:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
They had better adapt his long-haired-badass-king-of-evil version from the end of OoT for Brawl.

And his Wind Waker interpretation.

-

I like all the characters, though I prefer Ness, and use Mario, Mewtwo, and Game & Watch on a fairly consistant basis.
Volt 05-15-2006 05:01 PM
Anyone else think it was stupid how at the beginning of the trailer when all the people were switching from their old versions to the graphically improved ones that Kirby looked exactly the same? I laughed.
Oh, and uh, yeah. Insert "they should put Sonic in cuz that'd be cool" comment here.
Buck Buck #1 05-15-2006 05:38 PM
Am I the only person who plays as Luigi?

Yeah, I thought so.
X Prime 05-15-2006 05:50 PM
Marth > *
The Big Finale 05-15-2006 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun

[pause]

Whoops, I totally forgot about the poor guy - isn't that just the story of his life, though?
X Prime 05-15-2006 06:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bun Bun

[pause]

Whoops, I totally forgot about the poor guy - isn't that just the story of his life, though?

Well... to put it bluntly?

Yes.

Though he was better than Mario in SSB1, in Melee, that situation has reversed due to Cape Counter.
Hobodoken 05-15-2006 06:15 PM
Oh, apparently suggestions/requests emailed to nintendo@noa.nintendo.com will actually be looked at.

So... yeah.
The Big Finale 05-15-2006 06:19 PM
I thought that was only for Japanese gamers at the current time...
Hobodoken 05-15-2006 06:20 PM
There's an actual form for Japanese gamers to fill out. Everyone else is allowed to email them, however.
NVWC2006 05-15-2006 10:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
Anyone else think it was stupid how at the beginning of the trailer when all the people were switching from their old versions to the graphically improved ones that Kirby looked exactly the same? I laughed.
Oh, and uh, yeah. Insert "they should put Sonic in cuz that'd be cool" comment here.

Ha, yeah, I think they did that on purpose, sort of, Kirby looks confused, Pikachu didn't change as much, either, while Link has a complete make over and Mario looks even more human like than before (wow, he's nolonger just a short plumber!)