Super Smash Brothers: Brawl announced. NOW WITH: Video

Hobodoken 05-11-2006 09:45 PM
Oh, I found out there's a level which takes place on a plane.

New goal in life:
-Get four people around one Wii with SSB:B.
-Everyone uses Snake.
-Play that level for hours.
Zopwx2 05-11-2006 09:47 PM
Holy snap.
The Big Finale 05-11-2006 09:57 PM
Hobodoken wins.
X Prime 05-11-2006 10:00 PM
Boat that.

4 x suitless Samus action FOR THE WIN.
Mike 05-11-2006 10:10 PM
Yeah but that still isn't snakes on a f***in plane.
Jstar136 05-11-2006 10:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

I love you Mike. Crying

I noticed that Pit has an upwards attack by spinning his blade like a helicopter. It's easy to miss.

And as well, the castle they fight on is indeed owned by Daein from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
Krang 05-11-2006 10:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
Here's a partial game list for the Wii.

[Insert standard issue Nintendo games ranging from mediocre to sub-par here]

Edited for ease of reading and further accuracy.

Wow, you're able to determine everything there is to know about each one of those games just by reading its title? What an impressive ability. Yeah, I agree, "Title TBD" is going to be a horrible game. Roll Eyes Unfortunately, your ability failed to help you notice that only 9 of those games are actually "Nintendo games" while the rest are third party games. Tongue

Anyway, this game looks great so far. It will be interesting to see what new characters are added, especially now that third party characters are no longer off-limits and that they are asking fans for suggestions.
Generalissimo D 05-11-2006 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Well...you could have him jump on an Arwing...
Travis Bickle 05-12-2006 12:56 AM
It would be a cream dream to see Pious f***ing Agustus beat the f*** out of Kirby and then send Mantorok to just KO everyone else on the screen.

However, that won't happen, since I'm one of 5 people that've played Eternal Darkness.
Jim Starluck 05-12-2006 02:07 AM
*wonders if they could get the Prince of Persia (Sands of Time version, hopefully)*
IanC 05-12-2006 03:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord
or a system that overheats if you leave it on for more than ten minutes...

No thats early batches of Xbox 360s. Roll Eyes
evanASF27 05-12-2006 04:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
Poking around IGN, apparently Nintendo is asking Japanese gamers who else they would like to see.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html

Get out your translators, people..

I just saw the video... that is very very awesome Big Grin (Tho Wario is still freaky as hell)

I must say though...hearing Snake say "Showtime!" makes me want a Big O version of SSB now... (yah, the Big O fan in me still wants a full fledged game)
The Big Finale 05-12-2006 04:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
I must say though...hearing Snake say "Showtime!" makes me want a Big O version of SSB now... (yah, the Big O fan in me still wants a full fledged game)

[imagines Afro-Beck squaring off against Mr. Game and Watch]
X Prime 05-12-2006 04:27 PM
...Something about the new Link bothers me greatly. I've heard the word 'emo' tossed around, but it's not that...
Randolph 05-12-2006 04:28 PM
Well, from a distance it does look as though Link has no pants. He does, they're simply flesh-tone.

I preferred his white stockings, myself.
evanASF27 05-12-2006 04:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:

[Imagines Schwarzwald and Mario going at it with their own flame throwers]
Randolph 05-12-2006 04:41 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:

[Imagines Schwarzwald and Mario going at it with their own flame throwers]

[Imagines Roger Smith and Snake both shouting "It's Showtime", then whaling on one another for stealing the other's line]
X Prime 05-12-2006 04:42 PM
Snake would win that.

I predict that Suitless Samus will somehow be a far better character than Power Suit Samus. Kind of like how Sheik is a better character than Zelda in SSBM.
Mike 05-12-2006 05:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
It would be a cream dream to see Pious f***ing Agustus beat the f*** out of Kirby and then send Mantorok to just KO everyone else on the screen.

However, that won't happen, since I'm one of 5 people that've played Eternal Darkness.

Edward + elephant gun FTW

It always seemed to me that you couldn't do well as either Zelda or Sheik, you had to use both. Sheik to quickly rack up the %, but she lacks hard-hitters. Zelda's attacks all hit really hard and throw insanely far, but she's slow. Switching between them was the key.
Mugiwara Luffy 05-12-2006 09:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...Something about the new Link bothers me greatly. I've heard the word 'emo' tossed around, but it's not that...

It's the eyebrows.

So I've been playing Melee a lot recently, right? And I discovered that Jigglypuff is actually pretty awesome. Deadly, if you know how to use him/her/it.