Halo 3 Officially Announced

Volt 05-09-2006 07:03 PM
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx...lo3Announcement

Massive surprise.

Personally I'm kinda excited about the whole fighting on Earth thing. Since, y'know... that's what was supposed to happen in Halo 2. Tongue Meh. Fire "HALO SUX" comments at will.
Travis Bickle 05-09-2006 07:07 PM
It looks better than MP3
X Prime 05-09-2006 07:07 PM
HAHAHA GAYLO TRIPLE PENE- OK I'll stop there.

I'm prepared to have a lot of stuff promised and then tossed out.

Metroid Prime 3 SUPERIOR.
Sir Nise 05-09-2006 07:10 PM
OMGZ! I cannot wait. I might have to buy a 360 just for this game. Might...
Mage 05-09-2006 07:14 PM
Yeah! I don't play many video games but I love halo and this is exciting ^^
Randolph 05-09-2006 07:17 PM
quote:
Bungie.net Said
Bungie Shocks World with Surprise Game Announcement

How is a third sequel to a profitable and wildly popular franchise such as Halo even remotely a surprise?

That said, my hopes are not high. The first one barely had enough going for it, story and gameplay-wise, to get me to go through it once, let alone beat it on the highest difficulties. Truth be told, I beat it once and never had the desire to go back to it.

If it's inexspensive, very well-crafted, and it gets excellent reviews, I might look into it. Otherwise I'll pass.
X Prime 05-09-2006 07:20 PM
Bungie was being sarcastic, Randolph.
Volt 05-09-2006 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
quote:
Bungie.net Said
Bungie Shocks World with Surprise Game Announcement

How is a third sequel to a profitable and wildly popular franchise such as Halo even remotely a surprise?

If you seriously didn't sense the sarcasm throughout the beginning of that news post, I really don't know what to think about your mental capacity.
Randolph 05-09-2006 07:23 PM
...I no longer trust Bungie, then. They are clearly going the same route as Adult Swim.

I mean, for God's sake, they're a multi-million-dollar corportaion, why can't they act like one?
I do not look to my gaming news to be met with sarcasm. I want data, I want facts and reliable information, not feeble rhetoric.
X Prime 05-09-2006 07:27 PM
...So you want them to talk like tired old business execs?

Jesus man, let them have their fun.
Randolph 05-09-2006 07:33 PM
Well, I would let them have their fun if it weren't for the sheer sensitivity of such things. I mean, come on, man. If I can't tell if you're being serious or not, how am I to know how to react to such events?

Granted, sarcasm is lost in me on most every instance, so the real problem may be on my end.
088nd 05-09-2006 08:16 PM
LOL HALO SUX
Mugiwara Luffy 05-09-2006 08:53 PM
Wow. Cool. Amazing.

But really, what makes it so great? If you've played Halo, haven't you basically played 2 and 3? I mean, it's fun, but not worth the money, in my opinion.
Generalissimo D 05-09-2006 08:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Metroid Prime 3 SUPERIOR.

Obviously.
Travis Bickle 05-09-2006 09:00 PM
The multiplayer in MP2 SUCKED horribly. I doubt they'll make it any better in MP3.

HALO 3 will probably end up having the best online play out of any future console shooters. The story will probably suck.
Generalissimo D 05-09-2006 09:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
The multiplayer in MP2 SUCKED horribly. I doubt they'll make it any better in MP3.

HALO 3 will probably end up having the best online play out of any future console shooters. The story will probably suck.

The multiplayer in MP2 was more of an afterthought, if anything. I remember reading (I think in an old NP) that one of the guys from Retro said "we're adding a multiplayer as a treat, not as a main point".
Travis Bickle 05-09-2006 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

The multiplayer in MP2 was more of an afterthought, if anything. I remember reading (I think in an old NP) that one of the guys from Retro said "we're adding a multiplayer as a treat, not as a main point".

Then I guess it was like one of those candy apples with razorblades in them that some people give out on Halloween. MMM...

But in all seriousness, everything I've seen so far for the 360 > everything shown so far for the Wii. Though E3 just started... (And I still think PS3 games > all)
Jstar136 05-09-2006 09:30 PM
dude, teh Halo r0xx0rz and i love t3h vehcels! scrab gun foreva!
Volt 05-09-2006 10:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
LOL HALO SUX

lololololol win

So, I'm gonna go ahead and start making a list of things that should be in this game. Because I should be writing a paper, and well, I like whining about stuff.
  • More human vehicles - ATV plz lolz
  • More weapons - Shotgun, check; Assault Rifle, check; Plasma Grenade Launcher with a plasma bayonet autographed by Vin Diesel?...
  • Longer campaign. That doesn't suck as bad as Halo 2's.
  • Less Arbiter. Less to the degree of none.
  • Keep Live about the same, but take out stupid gametypes. Fiesta Pistols on Blood Gulch? What?
Jonny Axehandle 05-10-2006 06:19 AM
I played the XBox version of Halo 1 for about 5 minutes. I'm not making it 6 anytime soon because those were the most frustrating FPS controls ever made.

But the PC version is another thing. I've had a trial in my network drive at school for a while and it is fun. I haven't played 1P mode yet, just the online/LAN multiplayer. When I get a better computer at home (hopefully with a decent video card) I might get Halo 3.