Halo 3 Officially Announced

Inigo Montoya 05-10-2006 10:51 AM
Oh, sweet Jesus, the PC port of Halo was god-awful. I don't know how anyone could play it. On the other hand, the controls for the console version were quite intuitive, and massively simple. I, for one, can't stand using the arrows to move, the mouse to turn, the ctrl key to fire ,the space bar to jump and the like. A keyboard is just not designed with FPS's in mind.

That said, both Halo games have been phenomenal, and I'm definitely trading in my old X-Box and some of the crummier games with it for the system along with Oblivion, DoA4 and Halo 3, if I can get it.

More Earth fighting would be awesome. More weapons is a definite necessity, as well as more human vehicles.

I don't mind the Arbiter, fighting from his side proved to bring an interesting perspective to the game, though his armour is nowhere near as cool looking as the normal Elite armour.

I agree with the gametypes. Get rid of them... except Snipers, that one is fun as hell. Plus, the satisfaction of getting long range no-scope headshot with the beam rifle or the human sniper rifle?...

Priceless.
AndroidZeroX 05-10-2006 03:24 PM
Is that the old school assualt rifle?
Jonny Axehandle 05-10-2006 04:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord
Oh, sweet Jesus, the PC port of Halo was god-awful. I don't know how anyone could play it. On the other hand, the controls for the console version were quite intuitive, and massively simple. I, for one, can't stand using the arrows to move, the mouse to turn, the ctrl key to fire ,the space bar to jump and the like. A keyboard is just not designed with FPS's in mind.

Ah, I had that same problem. Set the controls to:

ASDW: Movement
Mouse: Turn
Mouse Button: Shoot
Space: Jump

It's much more comfortable.
Travis Bickle 05-10-2006 05:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Set the controls to:

ASDW: Movement
Mouse: Turn
Mouse Button: Shoot
Space: Jump

It's much more comfortable.

You win the thread for hidden sarcasm (if that was were you trying to accomplish, be cause I fell over laughing.)

I have the PC version somewhere on my backup drive. I have it for XBOX, though, so if I play it, I play it on there.
Mugiwara Luffy 05-10-2006 06:11 PM
Yeah, I played all of Halo 1 on PC. I was pretty obsessed with it for a while. And I enjoy playing it at friends' houses and such. I just don't have an X-Box or a kickass computer so I guess I can't see how "awesome" Halo really is.

Most people complain about console FPS controls being more difficult than PC, not vice versa. So yeah.