Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

R.Smith 05-08-2006 09:15 PM
quote:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/ccff7/

The first ever public screens of FFVII:CC are out.

Same thing but in english(wow Tongue ):
http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/ccff7/

quote:
The ultimate mystery from FINAL FANTASY VII will finally be revealed here.
The fourth installment of the COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII explodes onto the PSP™!

FINAL FANTASY® VII, released on January 1st, 1997 for the PlayStation®, reached sales of 4 million in Japan alone (including FINAL FANTASY VII International). It went on to achieve sales of 5.8 million units in North America and Europe, bringing total worldwide sales to a monumental 9.8million. (Latest sales figures from December 2005.)

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- is the fourth entry in the critically acclaimed COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII, which spans multiple platforms and delves into the intricate world players first experienced in FFVII.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- for the PSP™ is an action-RPG revolving around the story of Zack, who had already passed on to the Lifestream in FFVII. The mysteries left behind from FFVII will finally be revealed in this exciting chapter.

Here is some more from Gamespot.

quote:
Square Enix showed off what it called a "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII", which is a collection of products set in the Final Fantasy VII universe. One of the titles shown was Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, a spin-off for the PSP that focuses on the role Soldier and Sephiroth played in Project Genesis--specifically the character of Zack. Square Enix showed a lengthy trailer for the game, and we're bringing you the details.

Crisis Core is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII that tells the story of Zack, a young recruit working for Soldier, the elite private military of the Shinra Corporation. Zack is eager to prove himself and achieve First Rank in the organization. However, an older character who seems to be somewhat of a mentor to Zack tries to temper the young fighter's eagerness.

The trailer showed lots of heated discussions between Zack and this other character, and eventually Sephiroth came into the picture. Sephiroth is a legendary soldier, and Zack vows to be even stronger. Eventually Zack and Sephiroth meet and Project Genesis is mentioned and it seems to be a point of contention within the organization.

Very little actual gameplay was shown in the trailer, but from what we did see it seems that the game is very action-oriented. The combat sequences are fast and we saw several moments where Zack jumped from one enemy to another slashing with his sword as well as using a gun.

There was no sign of Cloud in the game, but Sephiroth made several appearances. Most notable was the sequence that closed the trailer, which showed Zack and Sephiroth battling with swords. The two clashed blades and Zack vowed to defeat Sephiroth, but of course Sephiroth would have none of that, and he effortlessly flung the young soldier aside.

Crisis Core is still currently in development, but both the rendered cinematics and the in-game footage look sharp. The world is dark and sterile, much like the headquarters of the Shinra corporation in Midgar in the original Final Fantasy VII. We'll bring you more details as soon as they become available, but for now be sure to take a look at our gamespace for some brand-new screenshots of the game.

Also found large screens:

R.Smith 05-10-2006 12:54 PM
Four images have found their way online.

Source: FF7AC Reunion

spoiler (highlight to read):
Btw, the guy in red and black, that's "G" from the secret ending of DC.

So the group artwork has
spoiler (highlight to read):
G
, that mentor that is training Zack[Angeal?], Zack, Sephiroth,Tseng, and Cloud.

I'll edit in translations when they become available.

Translations:

Scan 2
Zack: "You're telling me to hurry?"

Scan 3
Angeal: "Sephiroth is waiting."
Sephiroth: "After that, Angeal was furious and gave me quite the lecture."
Zack: "Recovered in just a second, and then destroyed..."
Zack: "Cloud, if you and I are there, there's no frontier to fear!"

Oh, and here's a full image of the scan.

R.Smith 05-12-2006 01:57 PM
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII

Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Format: PSP™ system
Genre: Action-RPG
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Ship Date: TBA

*This title has not yet been concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America

Nearly ten years after the blockbuster RPG captivated the hearts of game fans all over the world, handheld gamers will once again experience the magic and excitement of the award-winning FINAL FANTASY® VII universe. Released on January 1st, 1997 for the PlayStation® game console, FINAL FANTASY VII reached sales of more than 4 million units in Japan alone, while achieving sales of more than 5.8 million units in North America and Europe. Now, this worldwide phenomenon comes to handheld gamers in the action-packed CRISIS CORE™ -FINAL FANTASY VII-, exclusively for the PSP™ PlayStation®Portable) system.

STORY
The land of mako reactors and materia is again in crisis-a crisis that extends to the very core of the planet. Featuring an all-new story that revolves around Zack, a soul who had already returned to the Lifestream before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII, players will witness the secrets behind Shinra and the company’s efforts to line its pockets at the expense of the planet. Take part in an exhilarating adventure filled with grandeur, excitement, and state-of-the-art visuals, while discovering new secrets hidden within the world of FINAL FANTASY VII.

FEATURES
Experience the fourth chapter in the COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII – a colossal project spanning multiple platforms and entertainment mediums Live the realization of Tetsuya Nomura’s vision while rediscovering the nostalgic world of FINAL FANTASY VII on the road or at home Delve into an all-new storyline that finally reveals the ultimate mystery surrounding FINAL FANTASY VII Immerse yourself in the world of FINAL FANTASY VII and explore this beloved land from an entirely new perspective

©SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA.

David Ryder 05-15-2006 02:37 PM
Well I will say this, it has the best graphics I've seen on a PSP game that's for sure. Other than that, I can't really say much else. Dead
R.Smith 05-17-2006 08:53 PM
quote:
Crisis Core Update
IGN.com has updated their webpage with a few pieces of information regarding Crisis Core taken from the next issue of Famitsu magizine. While the upcoming article focuses mostly on an analysis of the E3 trailer, it also promises to have more information on charaters and gameplay.

Of it also mentions that a preview of the actual gameplay will most likely be featured at this years Tokyo Game Show in September.

Thank you to forum member comic_geek21 for the update.

» Source: IGN.com
» Read More...

If you don't feel like clicking on "Read More..."......here you go:

quote:
Crisis Core FFVII Update

May 17, 2006 - Following up on the game's E3 showing, the latest issue of Famitsu has an update on Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, the next entry in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.

The Famitsu feature is mostly an analysis of what was shown in the E3 trailer. Zack is the main character in the game, the magazine confirms. If you played FFVII, you'll know that Zack, an elite soldier in the Shinra Corporation, was a friend of that game's main character, Cloud. He appeared only in a flashback scene, where he was revealed to have already died.
The magazine also features a look at Angeal, an all new character for Crisis Core. Angeal is a fellow soldier who accompanies Zack and appears to be his superior. Angeal wields a giant sword, which the magazine notes resembles the sword used by Cloud in FFVII. The magazine also points out that Angeal has not yet appeared in Before Crisis, suggesting that he and Zack met before(stupid IGN, said after/during BC) the events of the continuing mobile saga.

Other characters introduced by the magazine include Sephiroth and Tseng. Everyone recognizes Sephiroth as the main villain in the series. Tseng appeared in Before Crisis and is a high ranking member of the Turks.

Players will progress through the game via events and battles. Director Hajime Tabata noted to the magazine that Crisis Core is similar to a standard RPG in this respect. The part that directly involves the player are the battles. The game will place more emphasis on battle tempo owing to the choice of hardware.

Tabata didn't provide specific details, but did state that we'll likely get a look at the battle system in time for the September Tokyo Game Show. He's expecting players to be surprised by two facets of the game. First, the high-paced action that puts you in the shoes of a soldier is something that anyone will be able to play. Also, the game will feature a somewhat "different" gameplay system which currently cannot be revealed.

Character designer Tetsuya Nomura provided the final word. This "different" gameplay system is currently being adjusted for balance, and will make Crisis Core an action RPG outside of what one normally expects for the genre.

It's going to be a long wait until September.
R.Smith 05-17-2006 11:48 PM
quote:
New Crisis Core Scans
The latest playstation magazine, contained new information as well as screenshots for the upcoming PSP game, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core. Thanks goes out to 2ch CC topic's blog poster #357 & 362 and FF7 AC Reunion for posting these up.

» Scan 1
» Scan 2
» Scan 3
» Scan 4
» Scan 5
» Scan 6
» Scan 7
» Scan 8
» Scan 9
» Scan 10

» Source: FF7 AC Reunion

Wow, looks like you'll be going through all of Zack's life as a SOLDIER(as we see him in the back of the yellow truck he and Cloud were picked up in after they made their long escape).

Also looks like we'll be seeing some locations we haven't seen since FF VII! As scan 2 looks like Tseng and Zack are at Mideel, I say Mideel because of the palm trees.

@_@

Even more! Drooling
quote:
» Scan 1
» Scan 2
» Scan 3
» Scan 4
» Scan 5
» Scan 6

Translations

Translations are done, thanks to some help from my friend Suzaku, his friend Pazuzu, and posters #523 and 525 at 2ch for clarifying some text.

» Scan 1
Angeal: "Our enemies are all those who inflict pain on the Planet."
Zack: "Wh, why?"
Zack: "I'd never abandon you."
Tseng: "Don't worry. Thanks to you, my salary's betters than yours."

» Scan 5
Angeal: "What kind of dream should I have?"
Zack: "You're telling me to hurry?"
Angeal: "Sephiroth is waiting."
Sephiroth: "After that, Angeal was furious and gave me quite the lecture."

» Scan 6
Zack: "I've never seen you use that sword."
Angeal: "If you want to be 1st, then you have a dream."
Angeal: "Then, what's this?"
Zack: "Project G..."
Zack: "I'm... a SOLDIER."

» Scan 9
Zack: "Recovered in just a second, and then destroyed..."
Zack: "You want to become a SOLDIER?"
Sephiroth: "It's over."
Zack: "Cloud, if you and I are there, there's no frontier to fear!"
R.Smith 05-24-2006 07:23 PM
quote:
Crisis-Core.net Exclusive: Super HQ Scanslations online
The first 6 pages of the Famitsu that was recently released has been translated, edited, and uploaded exclusively for Crisis-Core.net. These are the first scanslations that have been featured on the Compilation Network in quite some time, and you should be able to look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

Thanks to staff members Suzaku for the scans, Souya for the translations and (X-SOLDIER) for the translation edititng and photoshop work.

Famitsu

» Scanslation Pages

I zipped the pages and uploaded them to rapidshare, so it'd be faster to get them all at once(plus I couldn't find an image host for files over 3mb).
R.Smith 06-04-2006 02:35 AM
quote:
V-Jump Scans
Thanks to one of my friends, here are some scans from the latest issue of V-Jump. We've got one page for Crisis Core, and also a few for Final Fantasy XIII.

» View the Crisis Core Scan

quote:
New Crisis Core Scans
We have some more scans from Crisis Core from a currently unknown magazine, if you have any more information to where they came from please contact a member of staff, and the information will be updated.

Thanks to member Cloud_S for finding this

» Scan 1
» Scan 2
» Scan 3
» Scan 4
» Scan 5
» Scan 6
» Scan 7
» Scan 8
» Scan 9

quote:
Dengeki Playstation Interview
The latest Dengeki Playstation Magazine has an interview that briefly covers Crisis Core's gameplay, and some of the storyline. Click the Read More link beolw to read the whole interview.

Thanks to member Cloud_S for the link and Site Staff member Souya for the translations.

Source: FF7AC Reunion
Source: DengekiOnline

» Read More...
R.Smith 09-22-2006 06:16 PM
quote:
First Bits of TGS News
First of all, Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-'s new trailer has been showed, and as expected, it was in a private screening theater. The launch title has supposedly been pushed to 2007, and the trailer supposedly contains gameplay footage, as well as scenes with Zack, Tseng, and "G", or Genesis (who isn't a digitized version of Gackt this time around). There are also reports of a battle taking place between Zack and Bahamut. Though, no images or video have been released yet.

For some more Square-Enix news, check the full story, and keep checking back with us for all the latest news from TGS '06!

» Thanks to FF7AC Reunion

» Read More...

quote:
More TGS News (So Soon)
Mediaworks is giving brief summaries of the trailers showed in Square-Enix's Closed MegaTheater at the show.

Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
The trailer features movie and event scenes, and the quality of the graphics is said as being unbelievable for the PSP. It has familiar characters such as Zack, Angeal, Sephiroth, and Aerith, along with the "G", who's voice is described as something that "must be heard." There was also gameplay footage, but apparantly not a whole lot. The trailer is described as being "very long", comprised of only "Crisis Core", and very satisfying.

» Source: Mediaworks

quote:
Trailer Reports
FF7AC Reunion has updated their website with a full summary of the Crisis Core trailer, which can be found here.

We hope to have an exclusive report by the end of the weekend, so continue to keep up with us as we bring you the latest news.

For a translation, please click on the "Read More...".

» Source: FF7AC Reunion

» Read More...

quote:
CCFFVII Blurb on Gackt's Site
A news blurb on Gackt's official website has confirmed that he will be returning as "G" in Crisis Core -FFVII-, and mentions that the first official Japanese debut of the trailer is at TGS.

» Gackt -Dears- Official Website
R.Smith 09-30-2006 01:15 AM
quote:
Dengeki PS2 Scans for CCFF7
The latest issue of Famitsu PS2 features articles and interviews about Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. For now, we have scans of the article, and a translation of the Crisis Core interview, provided by my friend Pazuzu. To view that translation, please click full story.

» View Crisis Core Scan 1, Scan 2

» Read More...

quote:
Crisis Core 1up Article
A bit late in posting this one, but it's worth reading for the brief analysis of the gameplay system. Just ignore the fact that they mispelled Zack, confused Bahamut with Neo Bahamut, mixed up Angeal and Genesis, and got the title a little bit wrong.

» View the 1up Crisis Core Preview

quote:
Crisis Core TGS '06 Trailer - Complete Summary
Though we may not have been able to see the new trailer, I have the next best thing: A summary, complete with all of the dialogue, translated by yours truly. This was originally written by the webmaster of FF7AC FAQ, with the assistance of posters in the Crisis Core 2ch thread, and would not be possible without their efforts. To read the summary, simply click full story.

» Read More...

quote:
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Pamphlet
During TGS, people were given out Pamphlets, which contained things such as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, Final Fantasy XIII, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and more. Thanks to CC blog poster 706 on 2ch a scan of Crisis Core has now appeared over the net.

» Crisis Core Pamphlet
R.Smith 12-01-2006 03:45 PM
quote:
Crisis Core TGS '06 Trailer
Today, the Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- TGS trailer was released to members of the Japanese Square-Enix Mail Magazine, an online newsletter. Thanks to Cloud_S for letting me know about it.

Unfortunately, due to past cease and desist orders recieved from Square, we have a policy against uploading and/or leaking such trailers to the general public, so we cannot host or link direct downloads or mirrors.

If you are a member, you will find a direct link to the trailer. If not, you may have to be a bit more resourceful. Hint: Check the forums.

» Crisis Core -FF7- Trailer: MEMBERS ONLY
» Full Translation and Summary