Final Fantasy XIII

Travis Bickle 05-08-2006 06:08 PM

Apparently, Square-Enix just announced three (yes, three) games in the Final Fantasy XIII series. One an RPG for the PS3 (Final Fantasy XIII), one an action sequel for said RPG on the PS3 (Final Fantasy Versus XIII), and a prequel for mobile phones (Final Fantasy Agito XIII). The games are handled by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase are both involved.

More details to arise as Square-Enix continues to jump the shark.
R.Smith 05-08-2006 07:40 PM
Here's a link for the other logos, imagesa nd info(in japanese).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/fabula/
Big Money 05-08-2006 08:30 PM
*slaps them for not making FFT3*

In all honesty... yeah, I'm sure these games have their merits, but I don't have a PS2 and would much rather have a nice, indecipherably complicated tactics game than one of those good old effeminate male saves the world things.

Ok, ok, that was unfair. Those screens look pretty nice.

XD
The Fallen Phoenix 05-08-2006 08:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
In all honesty... yeah, I'm sure these games have their merits, but I don't have a PS2 and would much rather have a nice, indecipherably complicated tactics game than one of those good old effeminate male saves the world things.

Or maybe a third Tactics Ogre, although a third FFT wouldn't be too bad, either.

Or...best of all, a Shining Force IV. That would be something else.

Still, it will be at least somewhat intriguing to see how all this plays out. I refuse to make any judgments when the PS3 hasn't even been released yet, although I'll admit I am certainly not jumping for joy.
R.Smith 05-08-2006 09:51 PM
I copied these off of the pdf doc. on the site. I think they're as large as they were meant to be.

FF XIII logo
FF XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis logo
FF XIII Versus logo

FF XIII screen
FF XIII screen_clearer
FF XIII Versus screen
David Ryder 05-09-2006 12:37 PM
And people though this would be for 360? I don't think SE is that stupid, but other than that, it's looking to be another run of the mill FF. Oh and the character designs are looking pretty damn ugly. Howver the graphics are stellar.
StevieV019 05-10-2006 07:29 AM
quote:
Or maybe a Tactics Ogre III, although a FFT III wouldn't be too bad, either

Jesus, where the hell have I been. Not trying to hijack the thread, but you all are mentioning Final Fantasy Tactics III...when the hell did Final Fantasy Tactics II come out? *Crawls out from under video game rock*

Im still waiting for the next Final Fantasy that rivals VII in every way possible. Im still unfulfilled in my quest...Ill be looking forward to more details regarding XIII...
X Prime 05-10-2006 08:50 AM
Psst... He means Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as II... Not really apt, but yeah.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-10-2006 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Psst... He means Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as II... Not really apt, but yeah.

Yeah, should be a third OBT and a third FFT, rather than OBT III and FFT III.

I'll correct that in my previous post.
Travis Bickle 05-10-2006 05:27 PM
What about a second Vagrant Story? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKED VAGRANT STORY?
David Ryder 05-10-2006 05:48 PM
Vagrant story kicked major booty. I replay it atleast three times every month. Easily the best PS square game, it's right up there with Front Mission 3.
Sir Nise 05-10-2006 09:25 PM
Hmmm. Vagrant Story sounds intrigueing. And I've seen Front Mission 3, and that looks awesome.

I find it sort of amazing how Square is putting out 7 portable titles, and only 4 console ones. They need to hurry up with FFVII EX+ alpha 3rd Revival: Platinum Anniversary Edition. FF13 looks amazing. Bump y'all who say the character models are ugly. They look quite pretty to me.
088nd 05-10-2006 09:48 PM
I hate Square-Enix. Why do you even announce a prequel to the game is being made at the same time you announce the regular game? Why not incorporate it?
Hobodoken 05-10-2006 09:54 PM
The same reason they're announcing another game in a franchise when the previous one hasn't been released yet.
X Prime 05-10-2006 10:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
I hate Square-Enix. Why do you even announce a prequel to the game is being made at the same time you announce the regular game? Why not incorporate it?

Because they know fanboys will gobble it up.
R.Smith 05-17-2006 02:16 PM
Here are some new scans of FF XIII.

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4
Scan 5
Scan 6
Scan 7
Scan 8
Scan 9
Scan 10

And a scan of FF XIII Agito artwork(which has a similar design as the FF VII: BC artwork).

Agito artwork

quote:
  • FFXIII might have online features, but it won't be the focus
  • FF Versus XIII will not have online features
  • The battle system for FFXIII will make use of both "time" (ATB probably) and "3D space" (probably meaning the battles take place within a 3D area that actually affects the gameplay)

quote:
From IGN's translation of the article, so far we know:

FFXIII takes place in a futuristic time where crystals are a part of everything(and I mean everything, doorknobs, chairs, bridges and such).

FF Vs XIII is about a prince who must defend his family's crystal against invaders from another world(who are dressed like medieval knights, but wield machine guns).

FFXIII Agito is about a magic school(which is named Academica).

Suposably, each take place in different worlds, yet share common things like Chocobos, Moogles and magic.