Sons of Gold Roger!?

Chitter-Box-Kat 05-06-2006 09:55 PM
I just thought back on this one episode of One Piece.

It was the last episode, I think, on the island where Chopper came from. Dr. Kureha and Balltram (or whatever the bull-man's name was) were talking about Luffy's wanted poster.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Dr. Kureha said that Gold Roger's full name was Gold D. Roger.

The words gestated in my head for about, less than a minute. Long enough to help me think of this: OMFG!! Shocked IS LUFFY THE SON OF GOLD D. ROGER!?!? Shocked Shocked

Am I the only one who saw that episode and thought that? Or am I alone on this one? 'Cause it would explain a few things about Luffy and his brother.
Big Money 05-06-2006 09:59 PM
'Tis a common theory on the intarwebz. And his name is Gol D. Roger...
Sephiroth 05-06-2006 10:19 PM
Luffy is probably not the son of Gol D. Roger. There is however a connection to him. Just as there is a connection between all people with the D. in their name.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Blackbeard (Marshall D. Teach), Ace, Luffy, Jaguar D. Saul, and according to Admiral Aokiji Luffy's grandfather, are the known people with D.'s in there names. According to Saul, it's a family name, but Saul was a giant, so it would be odd for him to be related to Luffy.
I'm not sure when Gold Roger died timewise, but it seems like it would have been several years before Luffy was born, given that Smoker was a young child when it happened, and he seems quite a few years older than Luffy. It's possible that Luffy's mother could have been pregnant with him when Gold Roger died, but given all the people with D's in their names and the time constraints, I really doubt that Luffy and Ace are Gold Roger's sons, though there is a definate relationship.

I read somewhere that this whole "D." thing, is called the "will of the D.", though I'm not quite sure where I read that.
Generalissimo D 05-07-2006 08:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
... is called the "will of the D.", though I'm not quite sure where I read that.

The witch that took care of chopper said that.
Chitter-Box-Kat 05-07-2006 10:23 AM
She wasn't a witch. She was Dr. Kureha. Or Dr. K for short.