Nintendo Wii: The Official Revolution

Generalissimo D 04-27-2006 05:44 PM
o.O

Randolph 04-27-2006 05:50 PM
I honestly don't give a damn what they call it, so long as it does what they say it does.

If it has backwards compatability and offers the classic games of the past in a downloadable format, I'm happy.
Mike 04-27-2006 05:55 PM
Don't you love marketing firms that get paid millions of dollars to come up with stuff like this?

Eh...I can't say I like it...they should have gone with Asskickotron. Or the Chuck Norrisbox.
David Ryder 04-27-2006 05:57 PM
Wii? that's the best name they could come up with? eh whatever, as long as it's half way decent, then I'll be happy.
Volt 04-27-2006 05:57 PM
quote:
"Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii."

Whoever came up with this crap needs to burn slowly.
Sir Nise 04-27-2006 06:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:
"Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii."

Whoever came up with this crap needs to burn slowly.

Yeah.

I, personally think the Revolution will sorta suck for eveything else except FPSes and sword games and NES games. I guess I have to play to see it's awesomeness.

Anyways... I think the name is extra dumb. I'm not even sure how to pronounce it. Is it pronounced like "we" or "why" or "way"?

They should have named it the "Nintendo" just because of the super compatibility. It's logic, they apparently don't have manly men working in their marketing department.

I hope I get one on release day though.
Fujiko 04-27-2006 06:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise
Anyways... I think the name is extra dumb. I'm not even sure how to pronounce it. Is it pronounced like "we" or "why" or "way"?

It is pronounced...

"weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Imagine an announcer with a really deep voice saying that. Or Floral Ninja.

To be honest, I was hoping this was another internet hoax. I still am.

I'd still like to play it though, but I just think that name tore up nintendo's credibility. I would think it would drive a lot more people away towards sony and microsoft since this seems like it has become more of a "kiddie console".
Generalissimo D 04-27-2006 06:44 PM
Go would have been better. By leaps, bounds, and drinking rounds.
Big Money 04-27-2006 07:36 PM
I'm going to continue to call it "revolution."
Buck Buck #1 04-27-2006 07:57 PM
I'll probably yell weeee a whole bunch when I get one, but that's pretty much a given. Besides, it's not what it's called, it's what it does thats got us all excited. They could call it the Nintendo Good Charlotte Box and people would still buy it.
Mugiwara Luffy 04-27-2006 10:44 PM
I am definitely a Nintendo fan. There's no question about that.

But I can't understand why they continually make the dumbest marketing decisions ever! Sure, it's all about the gameplay, but why f*** up the other aspects of a console for no good reason?

I love the name Asskickotron. That's what I'm calling it.
088nd 04-27-2006 10:47 PM
Lol dumbest name ever. Doesn't mean it will be a bad system, but that's about as stupid or stupider than the concept behind XBox 360.
The Big Finale 04-27-2006 10:49 PM
Wii are not amused.

...actually, you know what? That's a lie. Wii are indeed amused. The more I keep thinking about the name, the harder I find it to keep from laughing.
Travis Bickle 04-27-2006 11:31 PM
For some reason, I have an odd feeling that this is going to bring out more rice crackers (white people who think they're Japanese).

Me: How's you're day?
Person: Totally wii.
Me: Kill yourself
Hobodoken 04-27-2006 11:33 PM

Ya' think?

Anyways, I find the name hilarious. There are just so many ways to parody it.

Wee, as in, urine.
We, as in, us.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, as in, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Why, as in... yeah.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII is my favorite as of yet.
X Prime 04-27-2006 11:34 PM
What about oui?
Volt 04-27-2006 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
What about oui?

Great. French? This is like getting sucked into some interdimensional hell portal, then thinking "Oh, maybe it's not that bad." Then, Satan shows up.
R.Smith 04-28-2006 02:00 AM
Eh?

Nintendo Wii........?

What an odd name, doesn't really sound like what you'd name a console that is supposed to be the next best thing in the world, or something like that.

Imagines phone conversation with friend.

Friend: I got the Wii!!!!

Me: You got the what?

Friend: The Wii man! The Wii!

Me: You need to pee?

Friend: No, I got the Nintendo Wii!

Me: Ok, glad you are happy about it, which Nintendo console is it?

Friend: The Wii!

Me: Look, I know your very happy, but if you don't stop "wheeing", I'm going to hang up.

Friend: ..... Dude, it's called the "Nintendo Wii" that's the name.

Me: Oh, I see, it's called the "Wii".

Friend: Yeah, now you got it.

Me: What a stupid name! I wouldn't want to be the proud owner of a "Nintendo Wii". I'd be prouder of being the owner of a great sounding named system, like the "Sega Saturn", or "Sega Gensis", or "Sega Dreamcast", or even "Super Nintendo", "Nintendo 64", etc.

Friend: Yeah, your right I don't know what they or I was thinking.
Revan 04-28-2006 09:03 AM
When i first heard this i thought nintendo had made a fatal error. I still do to some extent, after all they have been trying to appeal to everyone but with a name like Wii it might not work.

But on the plus side it is memorable (even for the wrong reasons) and nintendo have seldom let fans down in the past. If they can give us good proof that the new controller design is fun and works then they may well have something good going on there. Anyway Wii shall soon see... (couldn't resist the pun) Tongue
Patsai 04-28-2006 10:16 AM
Going down in history as the worst name for a console ever. Just shorten Revolution to REV and you've got yourself a catchy name with horsepower.