Nintendo Wii: The Official Revolution

Jonny Axehandle 05-10-2006 04:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
And Sega needs to make a comeback with a new system and name it the "Asskickotron Genesis 2". Nice name, Mike.
Peace.

Fixed.
Nine Kuze 05-10-2006 05:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
quote:
And Sega needs to make a comeback with a new system and name it the "Asskickotron Genesis 2". Nice name, Mike.
Peace.

Fixed.

Thanks...
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 05-11-2006 10:13 AM
Yeah... If I wanted a remote to play video games on... I'd petition Comcast.

While.... a great novelty, I don't see this system going anywhere except to MASSIVE Nintendo Uber-Fanboys (coughcoughFinalecoughcough).

Personally, I think there are better systems out there, and better systems coming out. Plus, the Wii doesn't really have anything that interests me yet. At all.

However, all I can do is sit and pray that one day SEGA returns to their former glory, and releases the Sega Norris, which will roundhouse kick every other console in the face.
Travis Bickle 05-11-2006 10:24 AM
Sega is never going to return to their former glory. Too many people have bought and thrown out Shadow the Hedgehog to remember the fact that they don't make decent games too often anymore (though I am looking foward to PSU).

Though the remote looks uberlame, it'll probably work out in the end. Too bad Sony is copying them.
Patsai 05-11-2006 10:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Too bad Sony is copying them.

Well if Nintendo died, where would Sony get all their ideas? I'm not too worried right now anyways. The Wiimote uses full 3D space to play; the PS3 is different because it only ses the tilt-functionality. It's really motion-sensitive vs. tilt.
The Big Finale 05-11-2006 12:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Venome Lord
While.... a great novelty, I don't see this system going anywhere except to MASSIVE Nintendo Uber-Fanboys (coughcoughFinalecoughcough)

And don't you forget it.

[chucks a green Koopa shell at Venome]

-

Hah! Wiimote. I really have to wonder if, when naming the Revolution, they came up with Wii by asking "okay, what name can be stuck on this thing to provide the absolute largest number of puns possible?"
Jonny Axehandle 05-11-2006 03:32 PM
http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=83

quote:
Right now the virus known as Sonic Cult has just shitstormed the Nintendo Press Site, and got all of their material saved off. We figure that these will be released to you by other "gaming" sites too, with nice and huge watermarks in them, resized to one quarter or lower, so we will release these unaltered early on for all the Nintendo fans out there. The Wii material is the most interesting, so it shall be posted right now in their original unmodified versions.

It seems it will have a Gamecube-like controller anyway for those who don't like the remote.
Mugiwara Luffy 05-11-2006 04:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
It seems it will have a Gamecube-like controller anyway for those who don't like the remote.

Yeah, I'll definitely need that for the times when I just want to lay in bed and play video games. While the Wiimote (which seems to be its de facto name) is kick-ass, I don't always want to jump around when I'm playing.
Generalissimo D 05-11-2006 04:35 PM
I assume you two forgot about the GCN ports on the side?
Mugiwara Luffy 05-11-2006 04:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
I assume you two forgot about the GCN ports on the side?

You would assume correctly....
ScionofDestiny 06-04-2006 11:32 PM
You know, I'm actually politely optimistic about Nintendo chances of making a comeback with the WII (although Revolutions sounded cooler). The N64 began to lose popularity to PlayStation, the Gamecube . . . was 'sup par' (to say the least). I reason that my optimism may be correct in this case because the WII controller (while initially deviating far from the models of both the past Nintendo consoles and Xbox/Playstation3 counterparts) is actually comfortable and practical - apparently you can move your avatars simply by moving the controller itself around (leaving the controller sticks from other consoles as a possible obsolete) - this is a welcome relief, because I found the Xbox controller to be uncomfortable and that PS2 controller two be average in comfort.

Likewise, the cameos for the WII games far more awseome than imaginings. Nintendo made a good choice when it decided to grant Hideo Kojima his wish that Solid Snake should appear in Supersmash Brothers: Brawl (the WII equivalent to the popular N64 & Gamecube Smashbrother games) - Solid Snake is coming to WII with a bunch of explosives. Additonally, I was pleased to see that an extremely cool looking Link (from Legend of Zelda) will also be returning to Smashbrothers.

Note: Samus (from Metroid) is coming aboard on this third installment of the Smashbrother series as well - and she be fielded without her orange suit (imagine Angel wearing a blue jumpsuit and that is close to Samus).

SO - the graphics are good, and the game is shaping up to be the best Smashbrothers yet. Nintendo is still casting about for characters for this Smashbrothers, and their acceptance of Solid Snake from a third-party (a company that deals with multiple consoles and is not owned by Nitnendo) has led them to consider other popular third-party characers from other series.

Well, Nintendo couldn't live in their cloistered world forever. It has been gradually breaking down.

WII also made a good choice because you can play games from old consoles - like Gamecube - and use the Gamecube controller on these games instead of the WII one. At first I thought this system would be 'too complicated to actually work' - but I got used to the idea.

I'm sure I don't have to say too much about Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you haven't been following updates religiously, you are beyond my help.

NOTE - I was originally pleased by the PS3 - until they wanted an (highly exaggerated) B I L L I O N dolars and our souls in order to buy it. Wow -expensive.
Sharpshooter005 06-04-2006 11:37 PM
I'm convinced the PS3 will have to drop in price sooner rather than later.

Then again this is after knowing full well the ps2 will continue to be supported, and is even expected to continue selling to make up for the loss on the ps3. So this may be less of a rational theory and more the equivilent of me trembling slightly in a corner while repeating "this is not happening" over and over again.
Generalissimo D 06-04-2006 11:38 PM
paul1290 06-05-2006 02:24 PM
Nintendo always keeps a good supply of cash handy just in case things go bad, so even if Wii is a complete failure they won't go out of business. That's why they are more willing to try new ideas like the Wii controller. Microsoft and Sony usually aren't willing to take such a risk because they have much more to lose if their consoles don't sell.
ScionofDestiny 06-05-2006 07:53 PM
Xbox espeically, since it is mostly popular in Western speaking countries. The most universal console would be the PlayStation, which I say is probably the most popular console. It was what dethroned Nintendo back in the day.

If Xbox get a bigger market in the east, things would be bad for Nintendo.

The Xbox controller is so uncomfortable.

quote:
Peace.

It has been clearly established that Sega has no say in the console business 'game'. They are a third-party company and that is probably the best they will ever be. They've messed up, and didn't have the assets to cover it. Meanwhile, Nintendo can trip up with a terrible console (on the whole Gamecube was pretty low average) and still be a player in the big console 'game'.
Mike 06-05-2006 08:05 PM
Xbox and Gamecube were essentially opposites. GC sold insanely well in Japan while Xboxes sold like bags of dog doo, while people bought tons of Xboxes here and relatively few GC's. If Nintendo can capture the market here, then they're set.
Constable Crunch 06-16-2006 12:46 AM
uh... i hope you guys know that you can download old genesis games on the wii too...

I can deal with the name. I actually like it. Have any of you seen a new DS Lite? well the wii is going to look like that... sleek... and any of you that think that is ugly, well, you probably dont like modern electronics then do you?

I think this system is going to do well... you know why? Even my dad has expressed an interest in playing it... and he thoroughly dislikes video games...