What drew you to watching Big O?

Lexx 08-25-2006 08:38 PM
i saw Alan Gabriel.
nuff said.
Big Grin
Septuo 08-25-2006 09:01 PM
Well the giant robot part was a big factor, but it being original in a somewhat overused genre just made me want to see what was going to happen. I love shows where you won't be able to understand everything you see. Part of the same reason I like FLCL.
Jonny Axehandle 08-25-2006 09:08 PM
I saw a commercial on Toonami, watched the first episode, got addicted, and joygasmed when I heard about the 2nd Season.
Seihou 08-25-2006 09:58 PM
Well, when I was a wee little 4th grader, I saw that 90 second promo commercial that Toonami aired a week before its brodcast. Then, I finally saw it and got hooked. The end.
Nine Kuze 08-28-2006 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
The huge robot kicking another robot's ass.

After Mike's comment here, there shouldn't really be anymore replies. I'm kidding but the drama and the mystery surrounding the people and the reality of Paradigm City got me into Big O.
Peace.
zaise chsa 09-04-2006 12:20 AM
What drew me to watching Big O? Well when it first aired on cartoonnetwork I was possibly 13 or 14 and Gundam Wing was simmering down (I'm a huge fan of Gundam Wing). When I saw the first episode, my emidiate reaction was "Damn, a GW spinoff." But since there was nothing really all that great to watch I watched it and I got hooked by the end of the second episode. B/c of the great story line, character interaction and huge distructive battles. It's a lot like GW come to think about it, in the part that it has a good complicated storyline.
Nego-man 09-04-2006 12:49 AM
It was like a Batman with big robot. I watched first one on AS and rly liked it cause Roger was kind of cool and Dorothy was pretty.
SpookyElectric 09-13-2006 04:59 PM
Well the first time I ever saw an anime was Outlaw Star back when it ran on Toonami, I happened across it one day and was fascinated by this serious (at least compared to my previous idea of cartoons) action show and constantly watched it every day from there. After that I eventually discovered it was this kind of show called an anime, and I watched the rest of the Toonami block, etc. This was pretty much a revolution for me. Then, perhaps during the second time they had run Outlaw Star all the way through, I hear they are going to stop showing it completely to replace it with some new show called "The Big O" which was about robots. I thought, what the hell? That sounds pretty dumb. I was pissed because I was naturally attached to the show that brought me into this new world and so had a bias against Big O before it even started. But I figured, might as well watch it once because I don't have my favorite show to watch in that timeslot anymore.

So I decided to watch Big O that day. Granted, even if it was bad I probably still would have kept watching it because at that point anime was still brand new to me and I would have taken anything I could have gotten, but I came to realize this was actually a pretty cool show. But even from the start, it was not the giant robot action that appealed most to me, it was the premise of this city having suffered some mysterious event that made everyone lose their memory 40 years ago. I always have been attracted to this kind of intelligent plot, so I knew this had the potential to be a really cool story. Luckily I was right and Big O is among my most favorite anime today.