WTF was this thing?

Demosthenes 04-23-2006 09:36 PM
What was it, what was its purpose?
evanASF27 04-23-2006 09:37 PM
My advice would be to do a forum search with the word "Behemoth" Happy

You should be able to find the info you seek Wink
Hobodoken 04-23-2006 09:39 PM
It's the Behemoth.

It's never stated what it does, but I believe the fact that it has drills on its sholders implies some sort of construction/drilling for a purpose. I also believe at one time it was theorized that it might have been involved in the construction of the super-dome.

As Evan/Zenigata said, the search is your friend.
Paradigm Dog 04-24-2006 10:23 AM

Do a search in the forums. Given the design sheet, Behemoth was to have a bigger role, but was seemingly cut down in the scripts thanks to Season 2 trying to wrap things up in such a manner so as to have a Season 3.

Zopwx2, tell me if I need to take the image off, since it's yours. Just trying to help out.
SEELE 08 04-24-2006 11:50 AM
Behemoth looks like an excavation mech to me. Maybe used in mining as well as construction. Those drills are teh ginormous.
Mike 04-24-2006 01:33 PM
I think they were originally going to have Big O fight it, but ended up scrapping it because there was already too much (confusing stuff) crammed into the end of the second season.
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-24-2006 02:50 PM
You have to listen to what was said in the last few Acts. Vera mentioned the "Leviathan of the Sea and Behemoth of the Earth," and Gordon himself described Leviathan as "A monster whose hunger for memories has taken in my poor daughter."

Perhaps Behemoth had been tinkering with people's memories or their will to recover memories from underground.

For me, I'm gonna do the search thang.

Hmm... actually the search didn't turn anything up. Maybe I did it wrong? Or maybe we should start debunking Behemoth ourselves...
SEELE 08 04-24-2006 04:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
You have to listen to what was said in the last few Acts. Vera mentioned the "Leviathan of the Sea and Behemoth of the Earth," and Gordon himself described Leviathan as "A monster whose hunger for memories has taken in my poor daughter."

Perhaps Behemoth had been tinkering with people's memories or their will to recover memories from underground.

For me, I'm gonna do the search thang.

Hmm... actually the search didn't turn anything up. Maybe I did it wrong? Or maybe we should start debunking Behemoth ourselves...

Maybe Behemoth is the one that excavated Archtype?
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-24-2006 04:57 PM
Sure, sounds plausible. I believe it was Schwarzwald who excavated, but at least the idea of Behemoth unearthing it is far more interesting. Imagine, a battle of wits between Big Ear and Behemoth, with our main characters like Roger and Schwarzwald being little pawns, fed information as the Big people see fit!

Battle of wits between Big Ear and Behemoth.... did I just say that?
SEELE 08 04-25-2006 03:41 AM
Funny too think of Behemoth as even having wits...it seems like just a brainless digging machine to me just like Leviathan.
Speaking of building Paradimn City a few posts back...I was taking a walk through town and I noticed a new business called Paradigmn Properties....that had a sign with it's name and a city-scape on it....but no dome over the city-scape....too bad. Times like these make me wish I had a camera.