Dir en grey to play Family Values Tour '06

Green_Bird 04-19-2006 03:02 PM
Just thought that I would post this here for people who like Dir en grey.

quote:
Dir en Grey to Open for Korn

Dir en grey to Join Korn's 2006 Family Values Tour.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Korn will be repeating their Family Values Tour this summer, starting at Virginia Beach on July 27. Among the acts joining Korn at the concerts will be Japanese group Dir en grey.

Korn singer Jonathan Davis described Dir en grey as, "This crazy Japanese band that are just out of their minds." More info on the tour and a partial list of cities it will be visiting can be found on MTV's website.

Dir en grey performed an opening theme for Baki the Grappler. Dir en grey's fifth album, Withering to death, was released in North America last month. It was their first album to be distributed in North America. Thanks to Aila and Vicious for this info.

Some of the other bands that will be performing will be Stone sour, the Deftones, and Flyleaf.
Travis Bickle 04-19-2006 03:30 PM
Sweet. I'm there for the Deftones.
M.S. Feather 04-19-2006 05:00 PM
The Family Values Tour is back, that's awesome!

And according to MTV's site they'll be performing a show in Atlanta. If I'm not busy in July or August I'm definitely going to try and catch it.
David Ryder 04-19-2006 06:07 PM
Interesting line up, however the family values tour has never had that great of a line up.
Travis Bickle 04-20-2006 12:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Interesting line up, however the family values tour has never had that great of a line up.

I went one year just because STP played. Korn and Limp Bizkit, however, suck horribly.
spiked-knives 04-21-2006 08:11 AM
I would go I suppose to see the Deftones or STP, seeing as how their both decent bands, other than that no. Nu-metal never excited me all that much, so I suppose I wouldn't have that much fun there.
Travis Bickle 04-21-2006 09:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
I would go I suppose to see the Deftones or STP, seeing as how their both decent bands, other than that no. Nu-metal never excited me all that much, so I suppose I wouldn't have that much fun there.

STP is no more, dude. Except for a show this August.