New Anime: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Bismarck 03-02-2007 08:02 PM
Is there any news of a second season? From what I've heard, the first 13 episodes only loosely cover the first novel. There's a bunch more than that.
Asirt 03-02-2007 10:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
Is there any news of a second season? From what I've heard, the first 14 episodes only loosely cover the first novel. There's a bunch more than that.

There has been many rumors concerning a second season of Haruhi Suzumiya. Nothing have been confirmed yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kyoto Animation makes an announcement about the new season either late this year or early next year.
Generalissimo D 03-02-2007 10:36 PM
The first episode of this was concentrated brilliance.

Saw it thanks to DANOLK, and also thanks to DANOLK I have a few more episodes I have yet to watch.
Asirt 03-03-2007 09:54 PM
quote:
???> You must come home. Something is happening.
???> It can only transport two. One must stay behind.
????.?> It is most logical I remain. Please remember me.
???> Time will change in one week.

Confused

Also:

quote:
3-1-07 (3:01AM EST)---- Haruhi Suzumiya Live Action Drama Next?
A February 23rd entry at Japanese actress Sawai Maho's blog might have dropped a bombshell on what's coming up next in the Suzumiya Haruhi universe. It mentions that finally the "Haruhi Second Step" is about to take place with pictures (or possibly filming) to begin "next week". The blog goes on to mention the actress will play the role of Ryoko Asakura. On August 7th, 2006 ANS first mentioned news of an announced 6 episode live action Haruhi Suzumiya television drama to broadcast via BS-i this autumn. Yahoo even wrote a news article on it but later retracted. The official Haruhi Suzumiya immediately carried the following message thereafter: "I'm sorry wait a little more". On March 2nd a major 4 hour event is scheduled to occur in Saitama, Japan featuring the entire main anime cast. There's a great deal of speculation in Japanese fan circles that a large announcement on the future of the franchise will be made there.

[Provided by ANS]