New Flaming Lips Album

088nd 04-05-2006 10:17 PM

I really hate this album. I'm no music critic, but ff you have the chance to preview it, do so. I'm really disappointed by the Flaming Lips, seeing as I was expecting something to the quality of Soft Bulletin. But IMO, this definitely didn't deliver. Songs like "Free Radicals" and "The Sound of Failure/..." really make me want to kill myself, double-Hemingway style on the rocks with a twist. Anyways, give it a listen and plug in some feedback.
Hobodoken 04-05-2006 10:26 PM
>:(

I like it, a lot.

While I don't have problems with The Sound of Failure/It's Dark... Is It Always this DarK? or Free Radicals, It Overtakes Me/The Stars Are So Big, I Am So Small... Do I stand a Chance? is my favorite from the album.
Travis Bickle 04-05-2006 10:31 PM
I think it's really good. Not amazing, but not terrible. I like it better than The Soft Bulletin (ZOMG!), but I still think Yoshimi is the best lips album.

And so far, The WAND is the best song put out this year by any artist. Though the new TOOL single is released in about a week, so we'll see...
Zopwx2 04-06-2006 12:02 AM
I like it. Oh Well
Travis Bickle 04-06-2006 01:00 AM
All I know is that, during their current tour, Wayne comes out in a giant clear ball and pretty much rides it around the audience. Oh, and they're supposedly going to put the entire album of WISH YOU WERE HERE into their setlist for a few shows.
088nd 04-06-2006 02:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
All I know is that, during their current tour, Wayne comes out in a giant clear ball and pretty much rides it around the audience. Oh, and they're supposedly going to put the entire album of WISH YOU WERE HERE into their setlist for a few shows.

Now THAT is awesome.