Chrono Crusade

ScionofDestiny 04-03-2006 10:38 AM
Hmm - a good anime choice might be Chrono Crusade - I think a channel has already nabbed it. While I generally dislike the sterotype "nuns with guns" that I rarely see - this anime captivated me.

Manga is much better though - I recently picked up the 7th volume while I was on a campus scouting.
Nine Kuze 06-29-2007 02:19 AM
*I'm bringin' it back... kind of*

I was just wondering if anybody here at PCF at the moment has watched Chrono Crusade and if so, can give me some feedback about the series if possible.
Peace.
seraphjei 06-29-2007 03:01 AM
Three words. Nuns with guns. Case closed. Although many people hate that stereotype I think for an anime like this it's ok to have fun and just enjoy it for what it is. It's no Serial Experiments Lain, nor is it nearly comparable to Big O in terms of plot and character development. But it is an all around fun anime. I will admit I never finished the series. I have difficulty watching anything beyond 13 episodes unless it's absolutely brilliant, and since this anime is 24 episode in length I got tired out. Oh, and don't take my word on the length of the show I just remember it being 24 episodes long, I could be wrong.
Bottom line: the anime is entertaining and if you watch it with an open heart, it will be enjoyable.
Ace378 06-29-2007 04:15 PM
Ive seen this anime before albeit a while ago. All in all I gave it about a 7 outta 10 which is about average for my ratings. If you let yourself get involved its got a pretty nice storyline and it does have some character development. I suppose nuns with guns describes the series but more so the storyline is more involved than just killing random demons with enchanted holy bullets. At the start of the series you don't really get a close enough connection to the characters in order to feel anything they do. For instance when they are in danger you just kinda know they will prevail since its still so early on in the series but that changes later on and thus as the series progresses you really start to empathize with the characters. I haven't seen it in english but from what I have read about it the dub script is mostely unchanged except for the fact that mannerisms from the time the anime takes place have been added in.

Thanks for your time,
Ace378