The Book of Revelation - The Show Must Go On

ScionofDestiny 04-03-2006 09:46 AM
For your convenience, this is an edited excerpt from the book of revelations 10 and reconciling it with the ending of season two ...

And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

In this verse, the "mighty Angel" most likely stands for Big Venus. The cloud-rainbow-sun-and-pillar-of-fire all stand for the strange lights that were surrounding Big Venus when it rose above ground. Rewatch Act 26 if you can't remember what exactly Big Venus looked like.

And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

The "little book" represents Metropolis; the recorded memories and "stage-script" for Paradigm City. The right and left foot represents Big Venus - whereas Big O represents Earth and Big Fau represents Sea. For your recorded knowledge, Big O and Big Fau really do symbolize the sea and earth - Big O is a dark element from beneath the earth, as seen in the anime, and Big Fau rose from the Ocean in three parts - he was contained within the other three foreign Megadueses.

And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

Right. This is where things really start to get confusing. The "seven thunders" seem to represent Alex Rosewater when he starts protesting against the existence of Big Venus - the "Angel" - and the havoc it is unleashing upon "his" world. That which "cried in a loud voice" was Big Venus - Angel coming above ground with it. She was the Domidus of Big Venus.

And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

It has become very obvious that this part of the Revelation is from Angel's perspective - as Roger said "her memories". "The seven thunders" represent Alex Rosewater protesting against her and Big Venus. Meanwhile, the Angel, Big Venus, is telling Angel not to write anything Alex says or does into the book. "Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not." To repeat myself, what that sentence means is that Big Venus is telling Angel not to include Alex in the rewriting of Paradigm City. If-when there is a third season, it is likely Alex would not make the cut. Actually, Alex is the first person we see "deleted" from the "scene" in Act 26. He starts screaming and then Big Fau disappears. This means that everything he, as the Seven Thunders, said ... is gone.

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,

The Angel is still Big Venus. Ocen and Sky still represent Big Fau and Big O. Big Venus "lifting its hands to Heaven" is a sign that some momumental Event is about to occur - possibly the permanent "deletion" or
"reconfiguration" of reality (which also means the second losing of memories) - Paradigm City, in this case the Sea (Big Fau) and the Earth (Big O) are standing in for the Earth.

And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Just as Big O represents Earth, Big Duo represents Sky (the Heavens in this verse, I would imagine), and Big Fau represents sea, Big Venus represents Time. The last sentence in this verse, "there should be time no longer" means no more Big Venus - not in this ineration of reality anyway. It means that the labor of writing Metropolis is, for better or worse, coming to an end ... and also that Paradigm City, the world as we know it, is coming to an end.

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

"His servants, the prophets" ... this is probably Big Ear. It suddenly occurs to me that Big Ear bears the same first name of all piloted Megadueses - Big - meaning that he might be a miniature Megadues or a similar being? In either case - neh.

And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

The voice from Heaven is Gordon Rosewater, or possibly Roger Smith. The events in the anime take place in slightly different sequence than that in the Revelation - Rosewater tells her this earlier, not before. Gordon Rosewater is telling Angel to take the book, Metropolis, that is being held by Big Venus who is standing near Big O (Earth) and Big Fau (sea). Angel must take the book from Big Venus - the being that cause the Amnesia-Making of Paradigm City. This indicates that Gordon Rosewater himself might be the former Domidus of Big Venus, from the time before forty years ago.

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Angel goes to Big Venus - as a Domidus - and takes Metropolis so she can ...? Anyway, Big Venus says "take it" and so Angel begins her work. Eating the book stands for writing Metropolis, putting in the memories - taking them anyway - and remaking Paradigm City with a few good changes - actually, she is probably doing what the real Director - or producer - wants. From the scene from the "studio" (Heaven) we see when Roger and Dorothy sneak up on Angel and reconcile with a shoulder touch, it seems she was either rebelling against Roger and he forgives her or she was following his orders. Like a Director for a Producer, or Roger is the Director (God) and she is the screenwriter.

[I}And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.[/I]

Angel takes the book, Metropolis, and starts writing with it. In effect I guess the pleasure of having the power to decide tasted good but felt bad. Angel seemed surprised that it was up to her to decide - but later seemed upset when she had to delete everything.

And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

The one speaking in this verse is probably not Gordon - in this case it seems to be Roger, telling Angel about all the people of the present and how she needs to think of them while she is writing this - basically telling her to include them in her redraft. Roger is negotiating on behalf of the people; as Gordon Rosewater hired him to do. And that is the end of season two.

Hmm ... well that was my understanding of it. Anyway, as for the meaning of the word Paradigm ...

Paradigm has three-to-five different meanings. The gist of them is this. The word Paradigm means a sudden, violent, unexpected change in the perception of reality or thought Shocked .