Who would win if Roger Smith went against

DorothyFan1 03-31-2006 03:20 PM
Dorothy?

Let's suppose in a hypothetical Season 3...Roger Smith gets a hallucination from the ghost of Schwarzwald telling him it's time to end the fantasy of Paradigm City. And Roger Smith...under this virus/delusional simulation malfunction...takes Big O on a mad rampage through Paradigm City doing exactly what Schwarzwald wanted. Who would oppose Roger Smith and Big O in this case?

Big Duo/Inferno was destroyed. Big Fau...I'm assuming was allowed to be reset in the hologram simulation after Season 2 ended. So...who gets to stop a mad Roger Smith doing a Schwarzwald? Dorothy.

And what if Dorothy piloted Big Fau to fight Big O? Who would prevail in this case?
Randolph 03-31-2006 05:12 PM
Neither would win, because the very proposition is madness.

However, were I to seriously consider the question, in terms of possibility and causality, Dorothy would have to win simply be default. True to the self-correcting nature of Paradigm, anything which threatens the city's balance is innately less stable than that which exists peacefully. Were Roger to attempt to destroy anything willfully, even the feeble Military Police would be able to bring him down.
Big Jauln 04-01-2006 01:21 AM
Then wouldn't Big Fau still be in the endless wastelands because Alex didn't retreive Fau yet. Schwartzwald should be still alive because of the reset, and Duo would be in the Hanger, or with Schwartzwald.
A Clockwork Tomato 04-01-2006 12:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
Dorothy?

Let's suppose in a hypothetical Season 3...Roger Smith gets a hallucination from the ghost of Schwarzwald telling him it's time to end the fantasy of Paradigm City. And Roger Smith...under this virus/delusional simulation malfunction...takes Big O on a mad rampage through Paradigm City doing exactly what Schwarzwald wanted. Who would oppose Roger Smith and Big O in this case?

Big Duo/Inferno was destroyed. Big Fau...I'm assuming was allowed to be reset in the hologram simulation after Season 2 ended. So...who gets to stop a mad Roger Smith doing a Schwarzwald? Dorothy.

And what if Dorothy piloted Big Fau to fight Big O? Who would prevail in this case?

I don't think Dorothy can hurt people in general, and she would never hurt Roger.

Also, Roger can't go on a rampage; he considers the "little people" in Paradigm to be more important than the "big people" -- he's their defender. It would be completely against his nature to act like one of the villains.

Anyway, I don't think Paradigm is a simulation. At least, I think all the people are real people who really suffer, though there's something wrong with the world as a whole. I'm certain that that's what Roger believes.
Hobodoken 04-01-2006 01:43 PM
It wasn't even Schwarzy's wish to kill everyone, just the corrupt elite. Though if a few innocents died along the way to the perfection of the state, so be it. Were Roger to "fall under the megadeuse's spell", I think he'd just blow up Central Dome, and then continue to beat the crap out of the random robots and monsters that pop up. Schwarzwald even told people in his flyers that they needed to wake up, he was trying to help them.

Back to RogerVDorothy, I'm fairly sure the Androids in Paradigm are supposed to act under Asimov's laws, since Dauston flipped out on O. Reily when he threw his arm with the explosive at the terrorist, whom Dauston thought was a person. He even said "Your not supposed to hurt people!" Or kill them, something to the effect. Another point, why would Angel have put Fau in and not Duo? It wouldn't make much sense for her to leave in one megadeus that almost killed Roger, but not the other. Also, what reason would she have had to put in the Megadii at all?
ScionofDestiny 04-03-2006 09:56 AM
I theorized that the third season would probably incorporate Roger trying to destroy the balance of Paradigm City and leading his people outside the ruined city and into the world beyond - sort of like the whole Moses and the Jews scenario. Forty years since the Amnesia hit, RIGHT? Didn't Moses wander around in the desert for forty years?! Forty years in the city - and then Roger could lead people for forty years out in the desert wasteland surrounding Paradigm City. Nothing can remain in balance forever after all - there are just too many factors and anomolies to consider.

Actually, it probably wouldn't take that long. Roger wouldn't lead the people of Paradigm out in the desert for forty years - maybe for one Act.

In a way, it fits - Roger has always seem a mix between a prophet and a messaical figure.

OH RIGHT - who would win.

Dorothy follows Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics - but it seems she can choose not to obey the laws when she says "I can lie also". So if Dorothy can law, she can also maim and kill people. Of course, Dorothy probably won't go around making a habit of this Wink

So yes, she can fight Roger. She probably wouldn't though - if she did, then Dorothy would probably win but wouldn't kill Roger.