Unoffical Bleach discussion

David Ryder 10-02-2006 12:53 AM
quote:
I'm still not on the Bleach bandwagon.

Like wise, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

Although this episode was much better than the last.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 05:23 AM
Unlike that other show, you know what I'm talking about, this series is getting better and better as it goes along.

I liked the Hollow Rukia and Ichigo were fighting but I'm still not sure giving most of the main characters special powers as well. Kind of dilutes the experience in a way.

Also, there seems to be subtle fanservice shots here and there. And I liked Rukia and Ichigo's conversation when Ichigo arrived on the scene. Yeah that's right, I'm rooting for that relationship.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-09-2006 07:54 AM
Hmmm. I must be the only one that doesn't like this show. With all the hype this got in japan, I was hoping it would be decent, sadly it's a cliche' ridden show, but then again what isn't these days. Although I'm willing to watch it all the way threw, and it's better than Trinity Blood which is like eye rape.
Raven 10-10-2006 11:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also, there seems to be subtle fanservice shots here and there. And I liked Rukia and Ichigo's conversation when Ichigo arrived on the scene. Yeah that's right, I'm rooting for that relationship.

Will that even work with the age difference? I hope so myself.

Anyway, that was a pretty good episode. It showed you a bit of a darker side than the earlier episodes. I really enjoyed seeing that serial killer get his just desserts at the end of the episode. When a show gets me to do that than I know they are doing a good job.
Nine Kuze 10-10-2006 11:12 AM
Trinity Blood = Eye rape. Gaddes getting his mathematic proofs on.

I don't see a problem with the age thing myself, anime likes to pull that off all the time. The first example I can quickly come up with is Inuyasha and Kagome. And of course, Rukia and Ichigo's relationship is much more interesting than that one.

I also liked the Hollow they fought, he was quite witty. And I forget what the next episode is about so I'll stop here.
Peace.
Raven 10-10-2006 12:16 PM
Well I guess the age thing can be pulled off. Just look at Trinity Blood, Abel seems to be much older than Esther yet they are probably going to start something there. This relationship does work better than the Inuyasha one too since Ichiga and Rukia are so much alike when you think about it. Besides, Kagome is way too jealous and pushy.
Nine Kuze 10-10-2006 12:37 PM
That darn Kagome. I still find it funny that it took her that long that she was in love with Inuyasha.

Also, I like Rukia but she sounds too much like Fujiko for me. I know its the same VA but still its kind of distracting me. Also about Rukia and Ichigo, yeah they are alike and they kind of have that "love-hate" thing going on. Like they front like they don't care about each other initially but in hindsight they do. I gotta get back to the manga.

And I remember what the next episode is about; Kon makes his first appearence.
Peace.
David Ryder 10-10-2006 04:01 PM
I will say one thing about Bleach, atleast there has been no rampant complaining about the dub. Although I am getting very tired of this "ZOMG! Steve Blum should have been Ichigo!!". No sorry folks, I must be the only one in the world that thinks Blum is overrated and overused.
Ano Hito 10-10-2006 05:28 PM
Nah, I don't like him either.
David Ryder 10-10-2006 06:43 PM
quote:
Nah, I don't like him either.

Nice too see I'm not the only one. While I do think Blum is a decent VA, he is overused and overrated to the point of insanity. Anyways, I'm glad he did do Ichigo's voice.
Green_Bird 10-10-2006 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
I will say one thing about Bleach, atleast there has been no rampant complaining about the dub.

[...]

You haven't been to the bleach communities on LJ have you? I mean the ones who think the dub sucks and fansubs are the only way to watch anime are running amuck. While most of them like it....the rest seem to hate the dubs guts and most of the voices and think it's the end of the world just because it's dubbed and Soul Reapers aren't called Shinigami anymore...even though Soul Reaper/shinigami is like Light/Raito in DN and infact Soul reaper is offical....but they don't want to hear it...

Also I'm surprised that no one brought up Alucard and Integra when talking about pairings like Ichiruki where one character's much older then the other. I mean that would fall under the same cadigory. Not to mention the cadigory of Demon/ghost/vampire x human/half-human cadigory....

Anyway Bleach is good for pairings. Once the Soul Society arc hits there's Ishihime, and a bunch of other ones that show up durring it as well as some shojo-ai and shouen-ai pairings that alot of people like to ship.. As far as the manga's going right now it's sort of swiching back and forth between Ichiruki, Renruki, Ichihime and Ishihime...so The anime's a little more evened out when it comes to pairings before it got to the filler...
David Ryder 10-10-2006 09:18 PM
I tend to avoid anything with a rabid fanbase such as shows like Naruto, Bleach, etc because you actually lose brain power if you take any of them the least bit serious.

P.S This is not directed at you GB.
Scourge 10-11-2006 09:40 PM
Meh the series is slow and boring until the SS arc begins. All the best fights happen then, also it is the best arc in the series from a story telling point of view.

Currently in the manga Ichigo just keeps getting pwnd and the anime is amidst a filler story arc, it is pretty good but many seem to dislike it.
minespatch 10-11-2006 10:25 PM
though, i do think the voice actress of rukia's is very natural sounding. she was fit to play the part.
Nine Kuze 10-16-2006 10:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Also I'm surprised that no one brought up Alucard and Integra when talking about pairings like Ichiruki where one character's much older then the other. I mean that would fall under the same cadigory. Not to mention the cadigory of Demon/ghost/vampire x human/half-human cadigory....

Anyway Bleach is good for pairings. Once the Soul Society arc hits there's Ishihime, and a bunch of other ones that show up durring it as well as some shojo-ai and shouen-ai pairings that alot of people like to ship.. As far as the manga's going right now it's sort of swiching back and forth between Ichiruki, Renruki, Ichihime and Ishihime...so The anime's a little more evened out when it comes to pairings before it got to the filler...

Um, that's true on the Alucard and Integra pair GB. But I don't really see them as a loving couple as say, Rukia and Ichigo could possibly be down the line. I think the dub is pretty good, although after watching the last episode I have to say I'm disappointed by Hat and Clogs' voice. That's not what I was picturing it to be. That darn LiveJournal.

Anyway, this was a good episode although from reading the manga first, I didn't expect the chapters to be broken up into many different episodes like this. Such as the current thing with Kon (the one in Ichigo's body). I read the manga pretty damn quick and now its being split into two episodes. Hell, maybe even three. But I'm rantin'.

The interaction between Kon and Ichigo's classmates was interesting. Especially with Orihime (did... I do that right?) and getting that super-size meal. I actually don't like how Orihime and Chad have superpowers like Ichigo but I do like the characters nonetheless. Also, Rukia keeps getting better and better, especially with her love of bunnehs and her sucky drawings.
Peace.
Raven 10-17-2006 02:24 AM
quote:
Also, Rukia keeps getting better and better, especially with her love of bunnehs and her sucky drawings.

Rukia was originally the character that made me want to tune in each week. Both her and Ichigo are pretty funny most of the time. I just loved Ichigo's reactions this week to how that spirit was ruining his image and such. I also felt that shop owner was a pretty cool character. Besides Orihime, I have yet to see a character I didn't like.
minespatch 10-17-2006 05:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
Also, Rukia keeps getting better and better, especially with her love of bunnehs and her sucky drawings.

Rukia was originally the character that made me want to tune in each week. Both her and Ichigo are pretty funny most of the time. I just loved Ichigo's reactions this week to how that spirit was ruining his image and such. I also felt that shop owner was a pretty cool character. Besides Orihime, I have yet to see a character I didn't like.

same here, it's that spontanious combusting comedy act that makes this one of the landmarks of the show.
Nine Kuze 10-19-2006 02:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:

You don't like the super-size, Raven? Lol, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I think I would like her more if she was an actual love interest to Ichigo and a sort of rival to Rukia in that aspect for her and Ichigo as well.

You know, kind of be the Angel to Rukia's Dorothy and Ichigo's Roger in that sense.
Peace.
Green_Bird 10-20-2006 04:42 PM
quote:
Anyway, I think I would like her more if she was an actual love interest to Ichigo and a sort of rival to Rukia in that aspect for her and Ichigo as well.

You know, kind of be the Angel to Rukia's Dorothy and Ichigo's Roger in that sense.
Peace.

I don't think that would have worked. I mean Orihime's too shy. And in later chapters Rukia and her get on somwhat better terms. Though...maybe you can say Ichigo and Renji are Dorothy and Angel to Rukia's Roger? But even then it doesn't make sence.

I also made this chart...some of the info is based off of fandom so don't read too much into it. I was bored...and it only took me 30 minutes to finish it...

NOTE: 'No Clue' means The character has no clue to the feelings the other character has for them...not that I myself have no clue...
Nine Kuze 10-21-2006 07:29 PM
quote:
quote:

Peace.

I don't think that would have worked. I mean Orihime's too shy. And in later chapters Rukia and her get on somwhat better terms. Though...maybe you can say Ichigo and Renji are Dorothy and Angel to Rukia's Roger? But even then it doesn't make sence.

Actually, that does make sense G_B. But I still think they could have done a better job of making Orihime a love interest/rival to Ichigo and Rukia respectively. And I don't like Renji, since he's trying to move in on ol' boy Ichigo's domain, if you know what I mean.

quote:
I also made this chart...some of the info is based off of fandom so don't read too much into it. I was bored...and it only took me 30 minutes to finish it...

NOTE: 'No Clue' means The character has no clue to the feelings the other character has for them...not that I myself have no clue...

That's a crazy and rather detailed chart there. I didn't know that Ishida has feelings for Orihime, for that is a terrible matchup. Also, who's that one girl who's obssessed with Orihime. She crack me up. Tatsuki and Ichigo? Maybe. And I don't think that Ichigo "loves/hates" Rukia but I think its the same thing for both of them with the "hidden feelings" line.

I'm getting waaaay too much into this, but nice chart by the way G_B.
Peace.