Unoffical Bleach discussion

David Ryder 09-11-2006 10:54 AM
I too caught the first Episode. It was ok, dub is solid, and personally, I don't see what everyone was hyping up Bleach for, seems like a run of the mill shonen manga/show.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 12:33 AM
The legendary Bleach arrives. Well, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but it's not great, either. Right now, it doesn't seem as emotionally deep or creative as Naruto, a show in a similar genre. In fact, Bleach feels like a modern, lesser retelling of Yu Yu Hakkusho, though I've heard it evolves as time goes on. It has some good concepts its working with, and the animation isn't too bad. Some of the goofy elements are pretty weird, but I'll let'em slide and just try to have fun with the series, which, so far, I am. Of note: the dub is fantastic, the theme song and artsy intro are cool, and the main character has a neat design. Let's see where it goes.
David Ryder 09-16-2006 06:43 AM
Naruto deap? That's something I thought I'd never hear. Although yes, Bleach is overrated.

quote:
If you can't appreciate that, then you need to reevaluate your Emotional IQ.

So if I don't get moved over silly cartoons, I'm some how devoid of emotion? Yeah, that makes sense.
Nine Kuze 09-16-2006 04:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Naruto deap? That's something I thought I'd never hear. Although yes, Bleach is overrated.

I have to agree with Gaddes on the Naruto being deep thing. A little over the top to say. Also, I've been keeping up with the manga recently, which kickass and I agree with about the dub and the soundtrack for the moment which is good stuff, along with the characters.

quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
quote:

Calm down, people. I said "emotionally deep." The bittersweet or painful backstories of Inoue and Sakura, Rock Lee, and the Huga Clan and how they manifest in the present, many times to a negative ending--people trying their hardest but coming up short and paying the price for chasing their dreams to the end--shows a good deal of emotional depth. If you can't appreciate that, then you need to reevaluate your Emotional IQ. I never said the story itself was deep, though it is rather more involved and layered with its characters and clans than most other Shonen Jump-style stories. And, as I noted, the presentation of ninjas and ninja powers is interestingly creative.

Yeah, I still don't see the "deep" factor by any means.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 09-16-2006 04:26 PM
I tried to watch it but couldn't do it. I like the manga but just *shudder* the anime is shudder.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 04:49 PM
quote:

Calm down, people. I said "emotionally deep." The bittersweet or painful backstories of Inoue and Sakura, Rock Lee, and the Huga Clan and how they manifest in the present, many times to a negative ending--people trying their hardest but coming up short and paying the price for chasing their dreams to the end--shows a good deal of emotional depth. If you can't appreciate that, then you need to reevaluate your Emotional IQ. I never said the story itself was deep, though it is rather more involved and layered with its characters and clans than most other Shonen Jump-style stories. And, as I noted, the presentation of ninjas and ninja powers is interestingly creative.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 11:41 AM
Caught the latest episode last night, as a matter of fact, I taped it and as I'm following the manga as well, I have this to say:

The manga is much, much better than the anime from as far as I've seen from the two. But I'm going to keep following the anime anyway.
Peace.
Raven 09-24-2006 12:06 AM
Bleach is pretty solid so far. I am enjoying is much more than Trinity Blood. I like the two main characters and I think their relationship towards their jobs and one another is pretty interesting. However, I don’t really care for that ditzy love interest they added in for Itchigi. Maybe my opinions of her might change over time though.
evanASF27 09-24-2006 12:59 AM
I was introduced to Bleach at my college's anime club....ironically I saw the first episode at the club around the time they aired the first episode on [as]. I think it's good so far. Cool I'm gonna watch it a little more and see how it turns out.
minespatch 09-24-2006 01:08 AM
for my own opinion, i belive that the ending previews are hilarious. though i highly belive that steve blum should have voiced ichi than the one who voices vash from trigun.
David Ryder 09-24-2006 02:14 AM
quote:
steve blum should have voiced ichi

I have been hearing this alot. I think Viz was right to cast Bosch. Steve Blum is good, but man is he overrated.
Nine Kuze 09-26-2006 01:20 PM
quote:
quote:
steve blum should have voiced ichi

I have been hearing this alot. I think Viz was right to cast Bosch. Steve Blum is good, but man is he overrated.

I don't think dude is overrated but he is EVERYWHERE. It's crazy. And I like Bosch as Ichigo, he's doing a good job as the far as the character's personality goes. I also like Ruff as Rukia, she's something so serious but interesting and comfortable at the same time.

Caught the last episode and it was kind of embarrsing to watch. I don't think they pulled it off well but it was still an alright episode. It's better from the manga's viewpoint.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven
I am enjoying is much more than Trinity Blood. I like the two main characters and I think their relationship towards their jobs and one another is pretty interesting. However, I don’t really care for that ditzy love interest they added in for Itchigi. Maybe my opinions of her might change over time though.

Yeah, I'm feelin' this more than Trinity Blood and I ain't feeling the relationship with Ichigo and that girl as well (I know her name, I just can't spell it) but there's another relationship I'm down with already... if you know what I mean.
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 09-26-2006 06:34 PM
After last episode, I'm finding Bleach to be the weakest link. The voice actors are fine (great choices), but this show is overly morose! That, and the drama last episode was just forced and disturbing. Ichigo's character is the only thing keeping me in there. Maybe it'll get better, though. It needs a far better supporting cast of allies and enemies, and more interesting action sequences.
minespatch 09-26-2006 06:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Caught the latest episode last night, as a matter of fact, I taped it and as I'm following the manga as well, I have this to say:

The manga is much, much better than the anime from as far as I've seen from the two. But I'm going to keep following the anime anyway.
Peace.

this is the same with mar. i tried following the manga with the anime, and they kept going forword and backwards on me.
Green_Bird 09-29-2006 04:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
After last episode, I'm finding Bleach to be the weakest link. The voice actors are fine (great choices), but this show is overly morose! That, and the drama last episode was just forced and disturbing. Ichigo's character is the only thing keeping me in there. Maybe it'll get better, though. It needs a far better supporting cast of allies and enemies, and more interesting action sequences.

All I have to say it wait until the Soul Society arc....Or if you haven't already, read the manga.....
David Ryder 09-29-2006 05:14 AM
I'm gonna have to side with my bud, PD on this. I'm finding Bleach to be rather weak at the moment, perhaps it picks up later on and it seems like one of those instances where the manga is better (i.e Berserk). It doesn't help that the show suffered from 4th degree burns thanks to overrated syndrome. Still better than Trinity Blood though, but not by much.
Raven 10-01-2006 12:06 AM
That juice box part had me actually laughing for once. Rukia is easily my favorite character so far. I am also starting to like this Chad guy and his monotone 3 word sentences. I liked how he kept getting hit by motorcycles and having beams fall on him and such and he just acted as if nothing happened.
Valdoom 10-01-2006 10:57 AM
I'm going to have to say that last episode was at least a jump toward Bleach being good.
Ano Hito 10-01-2006 03:52 PM
I'm still not on the Bleach bandwagon.
Nine Kuze 10-01-2006 11:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
That juice box part had me actually laughing for once. Rukia is easily my favorite character so far.

Indeed, Rukia kicks ass and I like the juic box bit too. Although its pulled off much better in the manga. I'm not feeling the direction of the anime at all.

When Rukia said "What's this sensation I'm saying", I out loud said "It's love." Yeah, that's what I'm pulling for. And Chad is indeed a good character but I don't like how just about every character has the ability to see hollows or other spirits. Just kind of takes the unique individuality away from Ichigo a bit.
Peace.