Unoffical Bleach discussion

X Prime 04-03-2006 06:37 PM
Sigh... no one is completely right here. This cannot be assigned values appropriate to such. I've said this already.

No matter. I wash my hands of this topic. If he wants to make himself look foolish by trying to convince an empty wall that he is right on something you cannot be right on, he can be my guest.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. This was in response to Zaphod.
Sharpshooter005 04-03-2006 06:50 PM
quote:
a bad, smug joke by Sharpshooter and nothing more. Today, we have an amalgamation of the two.

Where the hell did I make a "smug joke"?

Actually no, whatever, this has gotten out of hand as it is. I'm ruining the forums or something, and should be dealt with harshly for it.

There, that fix everything?
Tickle Tickle 04-03-2006 06:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
However, Umino, in a terribly asinine manner, decided to pick her apart, and everyone else decided to join in, thus making Green_Bird not feel wanted here, which is inexcusable. I put my two cents in because I felt that was wrong.

I was just proving a point, that Bleach is a kid's show and I don't feel that it belongs on Adult Swim. I do admit I should've just dropped it, but oh well. Arguments are fun. Don't make me look like the bad guy. I wanted to prove a point, and no one was attacking Green Bird. They didn't agree with her "Japanese kids are alot more mature" statement. No one was insulting or bashing on Green Bird.
Mugiwara Luffy 04-03-2006 10:54 PM
I haven't seen Bleach. I know little to absolutely nothing about the series. I do realise that the manga was first published in Shonen Jump, which leads me to believe that it is aimed at children, most likely male. Regardless of the violent or sexual content, I assume, like other Shonen Jump series, that the plot is fairly simple, the characters relatively stereotypical, and the dialogue elementary. Keep in mind I say this being a huge One Piece fan. I realise that the show is aimed at a certain audience with a younger age demographic but I love it nonetheless.

The point I'm really trying to make is that I think people overestimate how "adult" they think Adult Swim should be. When I first discovered Adult Swim, I thought of it as an alternative to Toonami. After all, it took control of Toonami's Midnight Run Schedule block. Remember the types of anime Adult Swim had in the beginning: Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Pilot Candidate, Cowboy Bebop (that's all I can remember as of now). Aside from Bebop, I wouldn't say that the plot of any of these was "mature" or "adult". In fact, I am reluctant to call any anime "adult". There are many that can be enjoyed by various age groups. Sure, there are some that are more complex than others. However, to expect Adult Swim to show only "adult" anime (when in the past they have shown Case Closed, Lupin III, Inu Yasha, et al) is a bit unrealistic.

The way I see it, there is no way CN can put Bleach on Toonami without making a copious amount of cuts. Their solution: put it on Adult Swim in an attempt to boost ratings, as many teens will tune in to watch, just as I did in 8th grade to watch Bebop.

As for all this arguing about Japan and America: While I can't dredge up any concrete facts that Japanese children are "more mature" than kids in America (in fact, this website probably proves that they aren't), the fact is that what is acceptable media for Japanese children would be considered "mature" for American children. That is a fact and I think Cerpin Taxt gave enough evidence of that. He was not trying to prove whether or not they were mentally or physically more mature. I think you idiots were arguing about the wrong thing.

Besides, whose to say when maturity occurs, and furthermore, applies to an entire age, culture, or nationality? It develops individually and is probably more of a result of the parents combined with personal biological development (i.e. intelligence).

NOW. How is Bleach anyway? Is it good? Should I watch it when it plays on Adult Swim?

Jebus.
C.R Foxhound 04-06-2006 03:33 PM
This thread has been hijacked, and for all the wrong reasons...

who cares if its a "kids show" or not, i just care if its good or not, i've only seen the first ep( my homeboy has like the first 20 eps on bootleg, he keeps saying that if i want em, he'll burn'em for me)

Whatever, i cant wait till it comes on
Sir Nise 04-06-2006 06:51 PM
i had seen the manga at the store and stuff. It looked like it had a bunch of fighting wich is cool in my book. Hope it doesn't suck like Inuyasha or Witch Hunter Robin.
Buck Buck #1 04-06-2006 08:37 PM
I've watched a bunch of episodes and I can't wait to see it on AS. I just hope the dub doesn't suck too bad. I'll still prolly watch it, but you know, it just won't be quite as cool.
Green_Bird 04-08-2006 02:41 PM
It will start in September. No word yet what time it will be played....not to menton that Viz still hasn't released a cast list....
David Ryder 04-08-2006 02:43 PM
So one of those, rush it out the door dub jobs? Hmmm well aslong as it's as decent like Naruto. Naruto had a fairly solid dub for a made for t.v dub, also they used by like Quniton Flynn and few other VA's that tend to do more american cartoons.
Green_Bird 04-08-2006 04:05 PM
Rumor has it that Viz had been secretly dubbing it before the anouncment of it being Licenced ever came out....But that's just a rumor, so who knows what they've been doing or going to do....
Green_Bird 06-19-2006 10:01 PM
The VAs are starting to come out very slowly....Kate Higgins (Sakura in Naruto) is listed as one of the cast members acording to ANN. No character is currently listed.

Let the bashing commence Roll Eyes ....
Green_Bird 06-21-2006 06:29 PM
Sorry for the tripple post, but it has been confermed that Kate Higgins will be doing Karin....
Nine Kuze 06-21-2006 07:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
So one of those, rush it out the door dub jobs?

Evangelion?

Seriously though, yeah adult swim has been announcing that its airing on September like Green_Bird said a while ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Sorry for the tripple post, but it has been confermed that Kate Higgins will be doing Karin....

I read the link that GB put up two out of three of her posts ago Big Grin , and she did the voice of Talho in Eureka Seven. Cool, because its not bad but does anybody know which character she did for Ghost in the Shell?
Peace.
David Ryder 06-21-2006 07:11 PM
Thanks Green bird. So it's an L.A dub? That sounds pretty good.

quote:
Evangelion?

I hope it's better than Eva's dub (one of the all time overrated dubs I might out) but yeah. I did however like Tristin McAvery as Gendo though, he was actually well cast and did a good job.
Green_Bird 06-22-2006 12:06 AM
September 9th is the airdate. Acording to one of the Bleach LJ communities, the information came from a bump....

And more VA news, acording to a email from Kate Higgins to Bleach7, Michelle Ruff has landed most likely the role of Yuzu. Ichigo has also been cast but at the time, she said she for got who was going to do him...
David Ryder 06-22-2006 10:53 AM
quote:
she said she for got who was going to do him...

Why does a part of me have this feeling it's Steven Blum.
Green_Bird 06-22-2006 04:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
she said she for got who was going to do him...

Why does a part of me have this feeling it's Steven Blum.

Not unless he uses another pseudonym. Aparently, according to a post by Blum (or someone who people seriously think is him, you can never tell on fan forums) on a Naruto forum, Viz went non-union.

quote:
Originaly posted by: Steev on 05-10-2006, 02:33 AM

p.s. Can't audition for Bleach. They went non-union. I'll be at a Con in Boston in the next coupla weeks and will be going to Anime Expo, but keeping a low profile. I may crash a panel or two. Will probably be there on Saturday.
Don't remember who I played in Metal Gear Solid. Haven't played it.

But if he does happen to get a role in Bleach, Urahara or Aizen would be better choices....
David Ryder 06-22-2006 08:15 PM
quote:
Not unless he uses another pseudonym.

Ah good point. And I don't think he does the whole "Hey I'm David Lucas, no wait Andrew Watton!" anymore but hey who knows.
Green_Bird 07-22-2006 11:02 PM
The cast has been anounced and Comicon! Okay not all, but pre-SS arc minus a few characters...

Ichigo - Johnny Yong Bosch
Trigun - Vash
Wolf's Rain - Kiba
Eureka 7 - Renton Thurston
ETC.

Rukia/Yuzu - Michelle Ruff
Chobits - Chi
Gungrave - Maria
Lupin III (Pioner) - Fujiko
s-CRY-ed - Ayase
ETC.

Ishida - Derek Stephen Prince
Love Hina - Keitaro
Trigun - Zazi
Cowboy Bebop - Lin
Tenjho Tenge - Tsutomu Ryuzaki

Orihime - Stephanie Sheh
Eureka 7 - Eureka
Naruto - Hinata

Karin - Kate Higgins
Naruto - Sakura

Isshin - Patrick Seitz
R.O.D - Lee Linho
Ergo Proxy - Raul
Hellsing - Luke

Tatsuki - Wendee Lee
Cowboy Bebop - Faye
Big O - Angel
Rurouni Kenshin - Yahiko
Witch Hunter Robin - Karasuma
ETC.

Johnny Yong Bosch would have made a better Ishida, but I'm kind of curious what he'll do with Ichigo. I was kind of hoping that Mona Marshall would have gotten Tatsuki, Having Wendee Lee cast as her is a little surprising. Also, I wouldn't have minded Kari Wahlgren as Orhime, from what Stephanie Sheh, her voice is too soft.

Over all it's a pretty solid cast....Just have to sit back and see where this goes...
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 10:40 AM
Caught the first episode last night, I have to say I like how Bleach is going at the moment. The show, from what I got from the first episode, seems to focus more on the comedic value then it does on the serious notion of things. Not usually my style, but I like how Bleach is pullin' it off.

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Rukia/Yuzu - Michelle Ruff

I thought she sounded familar. I was thinking Kelly Sheridan (Sango from InuYasha) for a minute. I also like the character as well. The dad and the other daughter that can see ghosts but still doesn't believe in them are funny as well.

I like how Ichigo opened up the episode and his nickname is "Strawberry". You can't tell me that's not fly.
Peace.