Death to Jar-Jar.

Chitter-Box-Kat 03-29-2006 08:35 PM
I'm sorry to anyone on these forums who likes Jar-Jar Binks from he Star Wars movies. (bows while saying 'gomen nasai!') Embarrassed Sweatdrop

I was watching X-Play on TV, and they were reveiwing LEGO Star Wars. And during the review they brought up a very interesting point. YOU COULD KILL JAR-JAR BINKS. Shocked It's weird, I know, but I just felt compelled to say it out loud (sort-of). Embarrassed Sweatdrop

I just had to say it... Tongue

This has been a VERY random thought from the mind of Chitter-Box-Cat. All opinions are her own and represent no one elses. Cool
Mike 03-29-2006 08:38 PM
I don't loathe Jar-Jar as much as I used to.

I think it's because he inadvertantly helped Palpatine become Emperor.

He's still the number one problem with Phantom Menace. He's just...so goddamned annoying! So is Jake Lloyd. But other than that it's not that bad.
Jstar136 03-29-2006 09:04 PM
Meh

I'm not really bothered.
Sephiroth 03-29-2006 09:05 PM
Jar Jar wasn't really all that bad. He was just incredibly stupid. Stupid to the point of insanity. However, in an ironic twist he was responsible for all the events that lead to the creation of the empire, the destruction of the Jedi, and pretty much every other horrible thing to happen in the Star Wars universe. So I give mad props to him for that.
Sharpshooter005 03-31-2006 07:02 PM
One thing I was confused over...was Palpatine supposed to be the good guy in the prequels? Because honestly, thats the impression I came away with.

All the other characters just...they seemed like MORONS.

quote:
I was watching X-Play on TV

Did they give it a 3...out of 5.

(It's hard to mimic the inflection when you're typing, yeah.)

Edit: As long as we're bashing the prequels..heres something alot of people seem to not bring up much.

Towards the beginning of the movie (Episode 3):

"The sith are evil. All of them. We need to send Samuel L. Jackson to exterminate them, possibly on a plane"

Towards the end of the movie:

"Omg, how dare you use absolutes. Absolutes are wrong".

So...was the point of this that the good guys are bleating hypocrites, or was this written by a stoned monkey chained to a typewriter.

This is why I couldn't get behind the concept the movie was supposed to be a "social commentary" (and yes..you all remember people saying it was). Because if it was, it was an abysmal failure at it.

So...either Lucas should actually have a court order preventing him from getting near an unfinished script, or it was a goddamn movie people read way too deeply into.
Hienrich Ele 03-31-2006 07:07 PM
In the great game that was Star Wars Galaxies, there was a NPC named "Old Man Jar Jar". When you killed him, it was rumoured to say "Yousas bad peoples".

I do so miss that game.
Randolph 03-31-2006 07:13 PM
Didn't Metlord debunk that film already?
I think that about sums it up, methinks.

None of the "new" Star Wars films were any good. Jar Jar was proof of that, I think.
Also... GameMaker+Google Image Search: "Jar Jar Binks" = justice.
Mike 03-31-2006 07:22 PM
I think they wanted you to think he was a good guy when in reality he was the bad guy. Confusing. Especially since nobody once ever mentioned the word Palpatine in the old movies. He was just The Emperor.
Schoolie 03-31-2006 09:03 PM
I think we all learned a lesson: backstory should remain backstory.

It was easier to live in ignorance with just the original trilogy.
Big Money 04-01-2006 09:22 PM
I've decided that I really like Phantom Menace... its a lot better than Ep. II at any rate.

And for the record, Lego Star Wars kicks MAJOR ass.
Mike 04-01-2006 09:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
I've decided that I really like Phantom Menace... its a lot better than Ep. II at any rate.

HUZZAH! I'm not crazy!

Episode II suffers from the really, really, really horribly weak love plot. And the acting just plain sucks.

A lot of Hayden's bad lines in III probably would have been better if they just went with a different take. One that sounded like a deranged badass, not a whiny brat.
Big Money 04-02-2006 10:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
A lot of Hayden's bad lines in III probably would have been better if they just went with a different take. One that sounded like a deranged badass, not a whiny brat.

I've heard this from more than one person, and have thusly declared it as true.

Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, Frank Oz, and Samuel L. Jackson carried the movie.

And episode II would've been better if it hadn't been so... boring. Though Christopher Lee was a nice touch, and though he was really just a gimmick, Jango Fett was enjoyable too.