[Question] Am I the only one annoyed by this?

Jonny Axehandle 03-28-2006 04:26 PM
Am I the only one who feels people need to stop posting stuff in extremely undersized text, forcing others to either quote it or copy + paste it to notepad? It's not like posting flames/controversal stuff is going to change anything. Just a passing thought.
Dude Love 03-28-2006 04:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Am I the only one who feels people need to stop posting stuff in extremely undersized text, forcing others to either quote it or copy + paste it to notepad? It's not like posting flames/controversal stuff is going to change anything. Just a passing thought.

I agree.

Though I don't see your point. People are going to do annoying stuff all the time, and I don't see why a minor inconvenience should really prevent people from doing what they wish.

Now, if tiny text made your eyes pop out of their sockets, then you'd have a good point...
X Prime 03-28-2006 04:45 PM
It's not possible to fix thi... Oh wait, yes it is.

I think you can make it so that the tens digit cannot be zero, meaning that you can't have anything less than 9, as that counts as 09.

EDIT: Nope, I'm dead wrong. You can't do anything about this. What the code does is let you set digit limits on the tens and ones places, tens first ones later.

So the best that could be pulled would make us have no choice but to end our sizes with a 9.
Big Money 03-28-2006 05:19 PM
Nazis! This is AMERICA!

And thus, the point is prov-ed. But really, nothing anyone says in little type is ever of consequence.
Randolph 03-28-2006 05:33 PM
You could try to encourage people to use an only slightly smaller font, rather than a microscopic one. That might work, if you could find some incentive for it.

Edit: Also, those of us who use Opera need only use Ctrl-+ to zoom in and read whatever we like instantly. Yahew.
Travis Bickle 03-28-2006 06:26 PM
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Does it matter? No. Should it be banned? No. Is this topic pointless? My sources say yes.
Jstar136 03-28-2006 08:59 PM
I'll go call Sherlock Holmes for a magnifying glass.
Mike 03-28-2006 09:00 PM
Or just don't bother, because everyone goes and checks what it says anyway.
Nine Kuze 03-29-2006 12:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Or just don't bother, because everyone goes and checks what it says anyway.

Actually, when some of the members do use the very, very small font, I just don't give a damn to read it and don't bother. If you can't write it out in regular-sized text, than I don't see why its to important to waste my time trying reading it.

The small text is annoying as you know what but its nothing to go crazy about. I just ignore it and move on.
Peace.
088nd 03-29-2006 03:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Does it matter? No. Should it be banned? No. Is this topic pointless? My sources say yes.

Yes, yes, yes.
TomoeHotaru 04-07-2006 10:27 AM
I disagree, they should at least be allowed to say something about it. It's a reasonable argument why it's annoying to read something so small but at the same time its a person's choice to
Travis Bickle 04-07-2006 10:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TomoeHotaru
I disagree, they should at least be allowed to say something about it. It's a reasonable argument why it's annoying to read something so small but at the same time its a person's choice to

WTF? You just got here.
TomoeHotaru 04-07-2006 02:10 PM
Well I'm sorry mr. grumpy but i always like becoming an active member of a forum. So don't curse at what you don't know.
Travis Bickle 04-07-2006 02:17 PM
quote:
Well I'm sorry mr. grumpy but i always like becoming an active member of a forum. So don't curse at what you don't know.

The point is this: you have yet to make an actual, honest-to-goodness real post, and you're going on record as stating your opinion as to what you prefer in terms of others posting different text sizes on THIS forum. I don't know where you're from, but I live in a world of reason and order.

...Why am I explaining myself to a new member about why it was odd for them to post in a suggestion thread without making a post first?
X Prime 04-07-2006 02:17 PM
That hardly damages Taxt's original point however...

Or how about the fact that I said IT IS TECHNICALLY IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT NOW!?

Even if Krang WANTED to do something, he'd have to spend a ridiculous amount of time modifying how BBCode itself works. It's not happening and it should not happen, I would think we'd all rather he spend his time on site updates instead of lame crap like doing a hack to stop small text sizes... in which if you want to see them just click the quote button, or, wait, USE ZOOM FUNCTIONS IN IE OR OPERA.
TomoeHotaru 04-07-2006 02:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:

The point is this: you have yet to make an actual, honest-to-goodness real post, and you're going on record as stating your opinion as to what you prefer in terms of others posting different text sizes on THIS forum. I don't know where you're from, but I live in a world of reason and order.

...Why am I explaining myself to a new member about why it was odd for them to post in a suggestion thread without making a post first?

well if you come from a world of reason and order...then ur a foreigner. There is no reason and order in the world so maybe I'M the smart one
Travis Bickle 04-07-2006 02:21 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! GET OFF THE INTERNET!
X Prime 04-07-2006 02:21 PM
I'd point out that order IS technically in this world, but it's not an order many people like that much.

Just because it doesn't look like order and reason to you does not mean it is not.
TomoeHotaru 04-07-2006 02:23 PM
*ignoring various background noises*

(to X-Prime) I suppose you could argue that...but anyway, wouldn't that happen 1/\/ an07h3i2 thread?
Krang 04-07-2006 09:38 PM
I think X Prime summed up the situation pretty well. Yes, it's annoying, but there's not much that can be done about it right now. And since there's not much more to discuss here, I'll go ahead and lock this thread before it gets any further off topic...