D.C. Cab

NightRanger 03-27-2006 02:41 PM
I saw this movie on TV earlier (didn't watch the whole thing, but alot of it), and it was funny! Of course it has Mr. T in it, however the funniest character in the film was TYRONE! Played by Charlier Barnett II (R.I.P.). There's also a great film score by the great Giorgio Moroder, and songs by Irene Cara, Gary U.S. Bonds, Shalamar, Peabo Bryson and others. Gary Busey's character is funny too. I liked the scene where he picks up that girl who works at some Go Go bar or something, and she doesn't pay him, and so he sends Albert (Adam Baldwin) in to get it, and he get's thrown out, so Busey's character goes in and takes the money from her thong, and then he gets into the cab and drives off, and she runs outside completely naked! And the manager runs out and throws a towel over her body. Good stuff!
Mr. Peabody 03-27-2006 04:27 PM
When we were kids, my brother had a VHS copy of D.C. Cab, and we used to watch it constantly. It's a fun movie, with some good one liners from several of the cast members. Gary Busey is my favorite, playing a redneck who had all these conspiracy theories.

A few years ago, Bill Maher, who hosted Politically Incorrect, had D.C. Cab co-stars Busey and Paul Rodriguez on the show and they threw a couple of lines from the movie into the topic of conversation. It looked like they had a lot of fun making that movie.

The funniest thing is that Joel Schumacher directed it!

Our VHS copy is either lost or destroyed. I'll have to order a DVD copy one of these days.

"Bruce Lee ain't dead. He's frozen, and they're going to thaw him out when the economy gets better!"
-Gary Busey
Sharpshooter005 03-27-2006 04:55 PM
Okay so...you're telling me theres a movie with Gary Busey, Bill Maher, and Mr. T in it.

How was I not aware of this earlier?