Eureka SeveN

Valdoom 09-24-2006 10:51 AM
the coventional 26 episodes is nice, but as of far I'd have to give it a 8/10. On a side note Eureka Seven hasn't even had it's middle episodes or finale yet, so it's got a way to go. I hope the middle episodes will be good just like Act 12-14 of Big O(middle episodes).
Nine Kuze 09-26-2006 01:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
And for some of the questions given, Eureka got messed up bad when they were in the caves/mines and she sort of went in a trance/weirded out phase and took off into the tunnels, then walked into a glowing wall, but wasn't completely absorbed before Rentin found her and pulled her out.

Oh, okay. Thanks Schoolie. I remember seeing the previews for that episode but I missed it.

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Another solid episode. Although I agree, they could have easily done the entire thing in 26 episodes.

Indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by Valdoom
On a side note Eureka Seven hasn't even had it's middle episodes or finale yet, so it's got a way to go.

Dear God...

"YOU LIKE IT, BOY?! I'M NOT GIVING IT TO YOU!" I swear, if he said that one more time... Anyway, I liked this episode and Charles and his honey, I think her name was Rei or somethin' like that, is a fresh change of pace and I want to see this rivalry he supposedly has with Holland and what for. Someone (I don't know her name, the airheaded chick) finally told Eureka what's up and Renten seems to be living it up with his new friends. And they showed that kid again from the army. Also, one question, does anybody know the emphasis of this so called 'war' that everyone is fighting over? I know I keep complaining how there's basically no plot in this outfit but they keep dropping hints about a war (and Renten even killed a guy, good for him) being fought and I have no idea over what is all.
Peace.
Valdoom 09-26-2006 03:25 PM
Like in Big O they only drop us suttle clues as to the past. It just so happens that Eureka seven has more time to give out those clues.
minespatch 09-26-2006 06:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
I liked this episode and Charles and his honey, I think her name was Rei or somethin' like that, is a fresh change of pace and I want to see this rivalry he supposedly has with Holland and what for. Someone (I don't know her name, the airheaded chick) finally told Eureka what's up and Renten seems to be living it up with his new friends. And they showed that kid again from the army. Also, one question, does anybody know the emphasis of this so called 'war' that everyone is fighting over? I know I keep complaining how there's basically no plot in this outfit but they keep dropping hints about a war (and Renten even killed a guy, good for him) being fought and I have no idea over what is all.
Peace.

me too, i obviously like his terms in music style. that, and renton dancing like a cork(the hunchback retard) from robot chicken. Tongue
David Ryder 09-26-2006 07:07 PM
Well Eureka Seven is starting to pick up, although too much filler, but still a good show. Just be lucky the whole air board thing isn't a huge plot point. I mean like those shows like Yugioh.

Renten: I wanna be the best boarder yet!
Random guy: Not so fast, you must be me in an air race!

*insert typical main character almost looses but comes threw in the end.*
Ano Hito 09-26-2006 07:13 PM
I like how the dude looks like an older version of Renten. I hate the lady though, she's crosseyed.
Nine Kuze 09-26-2006 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ano Hito
I like how the dude looks like an older version of Renten.

That is a great obversation, Ano.

quote:
Renten: I wanna be the best boarder yet!
Random guy: Not so fast, you must be me in an air race!

*insert typical main character almost looses but comes threw in the end.*

Good call, Gadded. Although I wouldn't mind that happening in this series. At least I would know where the hell the plot was actually going then.
Peace.
Paradigm Dog 09-28-2006 09:52 AM
You know, I went into last week's episode thinking that the addition of two new characture characters in a series full of characture characters would dilute the show further. However, the writers suprised me with some good mirror views and good drama. The new, Lupin-esque couple is actually pretty interesting--especially with the connection to music being brought up front in a series full of beats. The whole rave part was amusing. The talk between Eureka and the other girl was sort of interesting and suprising--good for character development.

The thing about this series is there's no particular standout character--it's just an ensemble performance to the viewer. Along with the drifting plot that focuses probably too much on character development, that's a little annoying at times. I mean, I always like character development, but the balance is skewed here to the point where it seems the story and mecha are afterthoughts and the series could have gone on without them. lol.

In many ways, the upcoming near-future conflicts are pretty predictable, and the Renton running away again seems like a repeat of some other things they've done and a stall for time in this lengthy series. Regardless, the series is pretty consistant. I wonder what will happen at Grandpa Thurston's place?

Oh, and I don't know why Renton was so impressed by Charles' combat abilities...The Nirvash has done that kind of stuff and more all throughout the series.
Nine Kuze 09-28-2006 07:43 PM
I was waiting for someone to post in this thread again, because I didn't want to double post... DQ! DQ!

In this post, I spoil Eureka... and still Sharpie's material. Tongue

spoiler (highlight to read):

- It turns out this so-called "war" is being fought over Charles Foster Kane's childhood sled, Rosebud.

- Even with all the signs given already, Renten and not Holland turns out to be Kaiser Sose.

- Eureka is a regenade clone of Yui Ikari.

For more spoilers, and if you really want them, then read at your own risk...

I read through the plot analysis of Eureka Seven and its screwy like you know what.

- Talho is (or will be) pregnant with Holland's child.

- Surprise surprise, Eureka isn't human.

- For some reason, and there probably isn't another, Eureka Seven tries to go all Gundam and start going into this very complicated war storyline with the miltary, Gekko State, and Dewey Novak who is Holland's older brother (I don't know if they mentioned him yet, but if they did I didn't know that).

- Then, it starts to have a Dragonball Z complex and says that some kind of giant lifeforce covers the Earth currently and 10,000 years ago this lifeforce came and because of it, mankind left the planet and the lifeforce covered it completely. Then around 5,000 years later, mankind came back and thought they were on a whole new planet that wasn't Earth. But they were wrong.

- Also, this lifeforce covering Earth is dormant but has the power to not only destroy the Earth but the entire universe itself.

- One more thing, it seems like the series was inspired by the event known as the Summer of Love, which took place in the 60's. Long story short, its basically a hippie movement that took place and I know Sharpie will be lovin' that.

Somethin' so crazy, no? Even though I read all this and it sounds screwy like you know what, I still keep up with the series.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-28-2006 10:52 PM
Eureka Seven also has references on famous musicians such David Bowie. But yeah PD is correct, despite the shows length, atleast it is pretty consistant for a 50 episode show. Ditto on the characters, while they are all well thought out, and developed pretty good, there is no character that really (in my view) standsout among the rest.
Nine Kuze 10-01-2006 12:57 AM
Just watched the latest episode and the entire time I was like; "I hope he gets charged for kidnapping."

Even though I spoiled myself (and you can too! Just check out the last post before this one) with the plot of Eureka, I have no idea what is going on still. But I do like Ray and Charles (get it?) and how they treat Renten has a son.

Although it sucks that they are going to die.

The Gekko State are a bunch of punks, someone should have told Eureka what was up off the bat. And why did they think that if Eureka was going to fall in love with anybody in the first place, it would be Holland and not Renten? Maybe Holland's actions have been because of envy for the kid? That would be messed up because he has Talho nonetheless. Anyway, it was a good episode and Renten learned a lesson between war and the value of human life.
Peace.
Valdoom 10-01-2006 11:01 AM
last nights episode was great, but Renton continues to illiterate the same feelings he's had since the first episode. It's not like this is the first episode they have gone through the killing is wrong thing. Also I think its kind of funny that Charles and Ray are acting like Renton is there child.(please exuse any thing spelled wrong...)
Ano Hito 10-01-2006 03:52 PM
I thought the episode was a very heavy-handed metaphor for Muslims...
Paradigm Dog 10-03-2006 07:54 PM
Rinse, Renton, Repeat...

It seems like Renton keeps getting written into these types of moral side-story situations and always ends up beating up on himself. It's slightly tiresome, but not completely without effect. I think, besides a possible political message, this episode was mainly used to show a mirror of Renton's protectiveness of and recent negative experience with Eureka through the Vauderak (sp?) girl as Eureka's emotions begin to expand. And, of course, it brings that loose, piece-meal thread of the Vauderak back into the plot.

So, while I would have liked this to have been done with a little more excitement and flash, it was still excellently written as per BONES' standards. I'm beginning to wonder if Charles is Renton's brother...I mean, we know Holland has a grudge against Charles and has something against Renton's alleged brother according to Talho; and Charles looks like a grown up Renton. Plus, the preview sort of hinted at it for next time.

I'd still like a good deal more action, or at least more effective action scenes, to balance out all the emotions. As it is, the show doesn't truly stand out because it feels so repetative. Consistency is good, but eventually you have to be more than consistent if you want to really stand out.

Still, I can probably count on BONES to do a big. flashy finish, as they always do.
Schoolie 10-04-2006 09:41 PM
Yeah, I've got similar sentiments toward this show as Paradigm Dog explains above.

I'm waiting for a little bit more to happen, but I'm trying to enjoy the show.

I liked the parallels/back-and-forths between Renton and his hospital experiences and Eureka on the Gekko State. There was some nice editing moves there.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 12:37 AM
Another solid episode. That's one thing I do like about this show is
it's consistency between each episode. True, that 52 episodes is a bit long, but then again so was FMA, and that could have been done with 26 episodes as well, and wasn't nearly as consistent.
Nine Kuze 10-08-2006 12:59 AM
Damn, I didn't see it (my sister is watching the Law and Order marathon) so I'm going to have catch it when they run it again. Now I want to this.

You think FMA could have been done in 26 episodes, Gaddes?
Peace.
David Ryder 10-08-2006 01:16 AM
quote:

Yes, quite easily I might add. Most of FMA's episodes where almost filler if ya ask me, but then again I'm not a FMA to begin with.
Nine Kuze 10-08-2006 01:29 AM
quote:
quote:

Yes, quite easily I might add. Most of FMA's episodes where almost filler if ya ask me, but then again I'm not a FMA to begin with.

Um, I know that you aren't feeling FMA and I know a couple (actually, a lot) of others who don't but I don't think that FMA could have been in 26 episodes. Some episodes could have easily been left out but I think that's too short of a number.

Maybe, this should go in the FMA forum.

Anyway, what was up in tonight's episode of Eureka? I still remember reading the spoilers for the main plot of this show and its still screwy to me.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 10-09-2006 05:30 AM
*Damn! Fool gone ahead and posted a double!*

Anyway, answering my own question from my last post, I saw the episode on its second run. I have to say, I like Charles and Ray and not just for the fact that they're named after Ray Charles. The whole "call us your parents" theme was cool too and now we know what Charles and Ray really do.

I though Holland was jealous of Renton. Kind of pathetic but that's what I was thinking anyway. Sucks that Renton left Charles and Ray and also...
Renton's dad isn't dead. We'll see him in the latter stages of the series.

Peace.