Eureka SeveN

Schoolie 06-13-2006 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
I'm going to be the black sheep and say I actually am enjoying the heck outta Eureka Seven. I find it to very appealing, with some nice characters. I'm gonna pick up the DVD's as well.

I'm enjoying this show more and more too. We finally learn a little backstory of Gekko State, though I'm hoping we learn more. And it's nice to see some of the characters being fleshed out more - Rentin, Moondoggie, Eureka, and Holland (who's probably the most fleshed out character so far, even though he still has some mysteries).

On an added note, it looks like Bandai's full-throttle marketing of this show will soon arrive in the videogame universe. Here's some sites that feature Asian editions of the game -

for PS2: http://www.lik-sang.com/image.php?catego...-eureka-new-jap

for PSP: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?categor...oducts_id=8680&

I suppose it's only a matter of time before the U.S. versions come to town.
David Ryder 06-13-2006 06:41 PM
Indeed the last episode was very good but honestly I enjoyed the show from the start. Which is why you never saw me bitch about "ZOMG!! This is show sUx!" or "OMFG Renten is more annoying than Shinji!!!" or other ignorant crap like that god forbid people actually, gasp follow a show's plot line.
Nine Kuze 06-19-2006 12:57 PM
quote:
Indeed the last episode was very good but honestly I enjoyed the show from the start. Which is why you never saw me bitch about "ZOMG!! This is show sUx!" or "OMFG Renten is more annoying than Shinji!!!" or other ignorant crap like that god forbid people actually, gasp follow a show's plot line.

No offense my friend, but you really need to stop repeating yourself. You've said this before when a number of the members (myself heavily included) complained that Renten was more annoying than Shinji and the show was going no where. I'm not trying to be a tool or anything like that, I'm just trying to be honest about it.

Anyway, for the show itself... I'm still not feeling it but over the last two weeks, I have to say it has gotten more interesting. Especially Holland and that one girl (I know her name but I don't know how to spell it). But I still have no idea where the plot (they have one, right?) is going. I'll still watch to see where this show this us and also, what's Holland's deal with Renten? He does things that are somewhat out of the blue and random and just makes you ask why (like punching him down and getting startled when that girl said his name in his sleep and dude looked crushed like you know what).

Hurray for zero gravity...
Peace.
David Ryder 06-19-2006 05:17 PM
quote:
No offense my friend, but you really need to stop repeating yourself.

None taken. Anyway moving right along.

The last few episodes where good, very good. That is all.
Schoolie 08-01-2006 04:29 PM
Last Saturday's episode (#16, I think) was pretty good. I'm still waiting for this show to pick it up a little.

I'm a little disappointed with the "inspiration" of two Gainax shows like "FLCL" and "Evangelion." We've got this goofy situation with a kid caught in the middle, PLUS, we've already had two episodes almost exclusively committed to trippy dream sequences.

Granted, it's done better than Eva (I like how they incorporated the airship battle in the last one, and the whole mystery of the mines/caves in this newest episode). But still, dream sequences should be done sparingly, if at all, if you want to really make them meaningful. Does that make sense?
Nine Kuze 08-01-2006 05:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Last Saturday's episode (#16, I think) was pretty good. I'm still waiting for this show to pick it up a little.

I'm a little disappointed with the "inspiration" of two Gainax shows like "FLCL" and "Evangelion." We've got this goofy situation with a kid caught in the middle, PLUS, we've already had two episodes almost exclusively committed to trippy dream sequences.

Granted, it's done better than Eva (I like how they incorporated the airship battle in the last one, and the whole mystery of the mines/caves in this newest episode). But still, dream sequences should be done sparingly, if at all, if you want to really make them meaningful. Does that make sense?

Yes, Schoolie. Yes that does make sense. And I missed the last episode because the hotel we stayed at had a fridge and dishes but didn't have Cartoon Network and adult swim. I was ready to leave in five minutes.

You know by sticking to nothing but watching the actual show, I still have no idea what the basic plot of the whole damn show is all about.
Peace.
Schoolie 08-02-2006 08:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
You know by sticking to nothing but watching the actual show, I still have no idea what the basic plot of the whole damn show is all about.
Peace.

Me too. I hear it gets better and the plot becomes more engaging. But there's a lot of trust in a series like this that is 15+ episodes in and still not really getting anywhere.

This is why I like the 26-episode format. With that limited number, every episode has to have significance. With the luxury of 50 or whatevr episodes this show has (like others), they can drag on and have two dream episodes and one flashback/recap episode already.
Shadow dorothy 08-02-2006 01:00 PM
Eurka 7 is a kids show. In japan it's listed as a kids show and it's wierd like a Big O knock off. Don't believe me search google to find out.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 10:31 AM
Um, I caught Eureka Seven for the first time in a long while and now I'm more lost than I was before.

Like for example;
- What the hell happened to Eureka? And what was that pink crap all over her body?
- I like how Holland and Renten fight and how it kind of appears in some weird way that Holland is iminated by Renten.
- Who are these new crew members?
- What's been going on since this recent episode?

quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Peace.

Me too. I hear it gets better and the plot becomes more engaging. But there's a lot of trust in a series like this that is 15+ episodes in and still not really getting anywhere.

This is why I like the 26-episode format. With that limited number, every episode has to have significance. With the luxury of 50 or whatevr episodes this show has (like others), they can drag on and have two dream episodes and one flashback/recap episode already.

Agreed, this show should not be 50+ episodes long.

quote:
Eurka 7 is a kids show. In japan it's listed as a kids show and it's wierd like a Big O knock off. Don't believe me search google to find out.

No.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-11-2006 10:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy

Fail. It is a kids show true, but it is in no way shape or form a "Big O Knock off". People said it was an Eva rip off before. Also it's Eureka.

I haven't watched it in a while either, however, I'm just waiting on the dvd's to be released as one whole set.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 11:47 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy

Fail. It is a kids show true, but it is in no way shape or form a "Big O Knock off". People said it was an Eva rip off before. Also it's Eureka.

I haven't watched it in a while either, however, I'm just waiting on the dvd's to be released as one whole set.

I think we were saying Eureka was an Evangelion rip was solely because of Renten's behavior modeling off of Shinji's.

How they're both complete whiny little punks.

And what's tonight?
Peace.
David Ryder 09-11-2006 11:54 AM
quote:
I think we were saying Eureka was an Evangelion rip was solely because of Renten's behavior modeling off of Shinji's.

I was referring to when the show wasn't even out of it's planning stages, people took one look at the title mecha, and people screamed Eva rip off.

i'm not sure what tonights episode is, I'll have to check.
Dominus of Requiem 09-11-2006 02:17 PM
I agree with the judgment that there are some excellent mecha shows out there:

Big O
RahXephon
Gundam 08th MS Team[/quote]

HAAA 08TH MS TEAM good times good times
i remember when it was on toonami

but stiil eureka 7= not so good in my book
Dominus_of_Big_Boom 09-11-2006 02:22 PM
There is too much drama in Eureka 7 for me. I just like the mechs.
Paradigm Dog 09-16-2006 12:39 AM
Drama as only Studio BONES can write! ^_^

I actually think the drama is well done and fitting for the character set, but it hasn't had enough action to balance it out until last episode, and I doubt the action will continue consistantly. Like a roadtrip, this series is very unfocused. As it's gone on, it's gotten better, but it's certainly no RahXephon--even remotely. This is what happens usually when people get 50 episodes to do these days. It's a good series for a TV watch, but this isn't the kind of series worth collecting every volume as far as I'm concerned. It's kind of carved oput a unique place for itself in mecha anime. Regardless, for better or for worse, it's still fun, intriguing, and fairly unique in execution and many other ways.
Valdoom 09-16-2006 10:14 AM
I'm going to have to agree with too much drama. It's a good drama, yet it's not balanced, but it is in no way a cheap ripoff. Giant robots are awesome and just beacuse a lot of shows have them doesn't mean there ripping each other off. As for the show...look at my sig and you just may relise that I like typeTheEnd.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 11:47 AM
I'm not sure about the 'drama' myself but the latest episode was alright. Cool how how they showed Renten during the episode too even though he's a complete moron for not knowing that a war is going on (hell, even I knew that and I don't even know what the screw the plot is... if there is one of course.)

I still don't know what that pink stuff was that covered Eureka's body. And nice job with Eureka and Rentern meeting again.

Holland startin' to act like a punk and its starting to get annoying and Taloh's last line didn't seem too threatening as it was prococative o_O.

Also, I like how Renten ditched the Gekko State and jumped out of the ship. Nice move, and hopefully things will get interesting.
Peace.
Scourge 09-18-2006 07:10 PM
I really like this series, it feels different and I find it hilarious that everytime Holland gets mad he punches Renton, a little kid, in the face.
Schoolie 09-22-2006 07:40 PM
About Holland's punching - yeah, where's social services when you need them?

And for some of the questions given, Eureka got messed up bad when they were in the caves/mines and she sort of went in a trance/weirded out phase and took off into the tunnels, then walked into a glowing wall, but wasn't completely absorbed before Rentin found her and pulled her out.

But the crew (I guess) still thinks it's Rentin's fault. And about the crew: there seems to be more and more crew members popping up all the time - like that old tea guy who seems to magically appear with his rug and gear.

This show is still intriguing, if not with its echoes of shows past. We have the kid going beserk in combat and then shocking himself with the bloodlust and killing. Then we've got the kid hero going AWOL. Guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Oh, and we finally see who that pair of guy/girl is they show in the opening credits, evidently mercenaries and a rival of Holland - perhaps from their military days?

Still wish this show would move along faster. Or that more would happen in each episode.
David Ryder 09-24-2006 02:16 AM
Another solid episode. Although I agree, they could have easily done the entire thing in 26 episodes.