Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked

R.Smith 03-27-2006 01:22 AM
quote:
Game Screens (2006-03-23 14:22:53)
IGN has posted nine new screens from Grasshopper Manufacturer’s Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. As previously reported, the game released in Japan in December, and will see a state-side release on April 11th. The official website for the game includes more screens and information.

Source: ANN

I've been playing this game in Japanese (mainly because I like Japanese Mugen over US Mugen), and it's really a good fun game. While the events are a different story then the anime, it is still an enjoyable game.

I'm currently playing as Mugen, and it really does feel like you're controling Mugen's fighting style. I have yet to try Jin, but I assume it's the same.

The opening FMV is really nice, as Mugen, Jin and Fuu are shown as "real" as they'll ever get (they look more anime in 3D for the rest of the FMV's).

I'd get some screens of the FMV's but they (it, one large file) is being picky.
Jstar136 03-27-2006 06:19 PM
Grasshopper, eh?

Killer 7 looked awesome, so this game must be excellent as well. Some of the screens from the official website look like scenes from the anime, so does it tie in somehow?
R.Smith 03-27-2006 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jstar136
Some of the screens from the official website look like scenes from the anime, so does it tie in somehow?

Not that I know of, though I'm still in the early levels of the game. From what I've gathered, it's a tottaly different story then the events of the anime, and took place before it, hence the "Sidetracked" title.
paul1290 03-27-2006 07:24 PM
Blood that doesn't follow the laws of physics, exaggerated effects to put more emphasis on attacks, interesting use of color to portray a certain mood, and use of otherwise unnoticable bits of graphics to psychologically impact the player below the threshold of conscious perception.

Yup, that's Grasshopper alright. Big Grin

(Killer 7 was awsome)
R.Smith 04-12-2006 03:37 AM
Well game should be out today. Smile

If your able to pick up a copy, I hope you enjoy it! Big Grin

It's a really fun game, good story (even better when you understand what's being said), and nice FMV's. Thumbs Up