Which dorothy is better?

snakemarcato13 03-25-2006 11:52 PM
Here's the question: Which Dorothy looks better, Manga or show?

Personally, I like manga better.
harshfire 03-25-2006 11:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snakemarcato13

I'd have to agree, though sometimes the show version looks good too. I suppose I like the manga version because it has a tendency to look more childish, like the "Kingdom Hearts" style face. Though the show looks much older and much more serious than the manga.

Both have their pros and cons.

Later days:
Rev
snakemarcato13 03-25-2006 11:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rev XVII
quote:

I'd have to agree, though sometimes the show version looks good too. I suppose I like the manga version because it has a tendency to look more childish, like the "Kingdom Hearts" style face. Though the show looks much older and much more serious than the manga.

Both have their pros and cons.

Later days:
Rev

I would concur, but the manga wins in cuteness.
X Prime 03-26-2006 01:06 AM
quote:
quote:

I'd have to agree, though sometimes the show version looks good too. I suppose I like the manga version because it has a tendency to look more childish, like the "Kingdom Hearts" style face.

Later days:
Rev

...Do you realize what that sounds like? No really.

Show on my end.
Randolph 03-26-2006 01:08 AM
I've never read the manga, so I'll have to vote Anime Dorothy. Her biting wit never ceases to amuse.
DJX Prime 03-26-2006 08:15 AM
It was a close one for me, but I ended up voting for the anime version. The manga version was cute, but the anime version to me had more wit. Still, tough call.
Sharpshooter005 03-26-2006 08:18 AM
Anime.

The scans I've seen of the manga having dorothy look....childish and also like she's strung out on something, or in withdrawl from said unnamed narcotic, maybe.

quote:

ahahahahahaha. Well played.
David Ryder 03-26-2006 08:27 AM
Anime Dorothy for the sole reason I hate the Big O manga.
Chitter-Box-Kat 03-26-2006 03:53 PM
Anime Smile Hey Ya! I like the anime Dorothy better than the manga one. Sharpshooter005, your right. Thumbs Up Looking at the manga Dorothy, she does look really childish.
SEELE 08 03-26-2006 04:55 PM
I like the manga Dorothy's look better but I prefer the anime Dorothy's attitude. Though the manga is freakin hilarious at times thanks to her....
Generalissimo D 03-26-2006 05:59 PM
Manga FTW.

Mostly because she looks like
quote:
she's strung out on something, or in withdrawl from said unnamed narcotic

I like girls like that.
BethMcBeth 03-27-2006 08:10 AM
This is a really tough one because it’s hard to say which is better because in so many ways the Manga is like a completely different story from the anime.

I love the manga one for Dorothy's eyes and how she moves and the entire style of her. I also like the idea of the little whirl or click noises and how her expression was drawn when she was with her father happy.

I also love the anime one for her voice and her soft actions and the way she does things which can be seen in action much easier then the panels of the manga.

I'll have to think about this more and vote later.

-Beth
Nine Kuze 03-27-2006 01:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime

X Prime for the win! That was excellent but damn, I was going to say something about that.

Anyway, I'll pick the anime Dorothy. But the artists of the manga did draw Dorothy rather well and interesting so they get points from that. But still, the anime gets my vote.

... X Prime, you slay me. Anime Smile
Peace.
paul1290 03-27-2006 05:03 PM
I've only seen the anime so I have no idea what the manga Dorothy is like.
harshfire 03-28-2006 12:49 AM
quote:

Show on my end.

What the hell are you imagining? If you look at it, she looks much younger than the anime.

I was making a statement.

Anyway, now that I think about it, the anime version does have a lot of wit.

I KNOW!!!

The manga version with the anime's wit. lmao.

Later days;
Rev
X Prime 03-28-2006 01:47 AM
quote:
I suppose I like the manga version because it has a tendency to look more childish

I'll just let the quote speak for itself...
Nine Kuze 03-28-2006 04:12 PM
quote:
quote:
I suppose I like the manga version because it has a tendency to look more childish

I'll just let the quote speak for itself...

X Prime, you're on fire!

Anyway, I voted for the anime. Or in this case, the 'show'.
Peace.
snakemarcato13 03-29-2006 11:42 PM
quote:
quote:

Show on my end.

What the hell are you imagining? If you look at it, she looks much younger than the anime.

I was making a statement.

Anyway, now that I think about it, the anime version does have a lot of wit.

I KNOW!!!

The manga version with the anime's wit. lmao.

Later days;
Rev

Motion seconded.

Snake.
Gummibear 03-30-2006 06:57 AM
I like Dorothy from the show better. I just feel that overall they do a better job of portraying her as a character. With her dry mechanical wit she is the perfect foil for Roger Smith. Like was stated she's looks so much more childish in the manga, I just don't see Dorothy as childish at all. She may look young but never childish.
BigPrime 03-30-2006 04:53 PM
Anime Dorothy is a more fully realized character, even the mangaka admits that. This isn't to knock manga-Dorothy at all, she's still a good character (and as with most manga-versions, benefits from more consistent drawing than in the animation), but anime Dorothy just has a lot more going for her. IMO, of course.