File Hosting

R.Smith 07-07-2004 11:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
It just wouldn't let me upload a picture. I'd hit "upload" and it would go back to the regular list without adding it. I counted and got 100 and figured that was a limit.

Maybe the system was just down then. Whoops.

I've had that problem before, and I'd normally have to rename the file for what ever reason for it to work.
Asirt 07-16-2004 12:42 PM
Hmm... I don't think anyone mentioned this, but Image Shack works great on my sigs and other images that I use. It supports PNG, GIF, SWF. and JPG. The limit is 1.0 MB, but it's not a problem for me.
R.Smith 09-09-2004 09:00 PM
iRev.net is closing down free image hosting services on Friday, September 24, 2004. Please locate a new free image hosting provider by that time. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Wingnut 09-10-2004 01:30 AM
To quote Charlie Brown:
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

To quote Zenigata:
Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!
Based on what is already recommended in this thread it looks like Photobucket will be the best choice for you and me R.Smith.
R.Smith 09-10-2004 01:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
To quote Charlie Brown:
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

To quote Zenigata:
Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!
Based on what is already recommended in this thread it looks like Photobucket will be the best choice for you and me R.Smith.

Actually I'm set with a "private" host, so I'm good. As for everyone else who uses iRev, Photobucket seems the best way to go, yes.
BethMcBeth 09-10-2004 06:29 AM
I like to use photobucket, heres that site:

www.photobucket.com
Patsai 09-10-2004 07:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
iRev.net is closing down free image hosting services on Friday, September 24, 2004.

Whoa whoa whoa! irev.net was free?! Goddamn, I'm always the person to know. Thanks for the heads-up anyways, R.Smith.
harshfire 09-10-2004 07:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
iRev.net is closing down free image hosting services on Friday, September 24, 2004.

Whoa whoa whoa! irev.net was free?! Goddamn, I'm always the person to know. Thanks for the heads-up anyways, R.Smith.

Yeah it was, but this sucks since they're closing it down.
Mike 09-10-2004 08:14 AM
I shall strike thee down, Irev, with mine divine thunderbolts!

Oh wait, I don't have any of those. Damn. Oh well, better start moving stuff over to Photobucket...
harshfire 09-10-2004 08:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I shall strike thee down, Irev, with mine divine thunderbolts!

Oh wait, I don't have any of those. Damn. Oh well, better start moving stuff over to Photobucket...

I have Ripway...but it doesn't always work.
Buck Buck #1 09-10-2004 01:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
I like to use photobucket, heres that site:

www.photobucket.com

Yeah photobucket's always worked fine for me.
Benjamin 09-17-2004 07:04 PM
Here it is

-30 MEGABYTES OF STORAGE
-Works On AnyForum Img Host
-Quick
-Best Of All FREE!!!

Here it is Ladies And Gentleman, RIPWAY

CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME

O BTW I use It Too, And Its Cool Because

spoiler (highlight to read):
YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ACCOUNTS AS YOU WANT JUST LIKE IREV
angelcakes 09-28-2004 04:23 PM
You know what's weird? Irev was suppose have closed on the 24th right? How come my sig. picture, which I have yet to switched the URL for, still shows up?

Maybe they didn't delete the pictues, just, like, aren't letting you upload....it was down yesterday though...so I'm confused.
Asirt 09-28-2004 05:56 PM
quote:
You know what's weird? Irev was suppose have closed on the 24th right? How come my sig. picture, which I have yet to switched the URL for, still shows up?

Maybe they didn't delete the pictues, just, like, aren't letting you upload....it was down yesterday though...so I'm confused.

They aren't closing down the server, so to speak. You will no longer be able to upload new images to the site. That's why a lot of images displayed here that are hosted in IREV are still working. The reason as to why the server hasn't been shut down for the pictures that are already on the server is still unknown however.
Manji 09-29-2004 12:00 AM
I apologize if this has been posted already, but since iRev went down, I know a few members have been looking for a cool hosting service. This is the one I'm using for now, it works fairly well and its free.

http://imageshack.us/index3.php
Benjamin 09-29-2004 09:01 PM
Image Cave

Hope this works, Later

I am using it for my sig

JUST DON'T MAKE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT OR ELSE THEY WILL CLOSE DOWN LIKE IREV FOR ABUSE.

Sorry EDITED Post because I put Crave instead of Cave
Madrona 10-02-2004 02:02 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

All my images at Photobucket have vanished. My albums are empty. My signatures are gone. (which explains the lovely red x below) They were down the other day. Now, I have nothing! ACK!!!

This is very frustrating! I'm too tired to do it all over again right now.
**sigh**

Madrona
Krang 10-02-2004 02:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

All my images at Photobucket have vanished. My albums are empty. My signatures are gone. (which explains the lovely red x below) They were down the other day. Now, I have nothing! ACK!!!

This is very frustrating! I'm too tired to do it all over again right now.
**sigh**

Madrona

Unfortunately it looks like they had a hard drive failure and some albums were lost: http://forums.photobucket.com/announcement.php?f=3
Madrona 10-02-2004 11:23 AM
Bummer,

Thanks for the info. No time today either. ARG!!!!

Madrona
R and D 10-26-2004 08:03 AM
which is the best one for hosting pics, the free or the one that requires 15.00 a month?