Metroid Prime Hunters and Tetris DS

Jeff 03-23-2006 10:54 PM
Does anyone else have these games yet? I've only played Tetris briefly....cause I pretty much know what to expect there. Metroid Hunters, however, is pretty damn awesome. The online mode is the best so far on DS, complete with a lobby system for playing with your friends, and even voice chat. Theres a big learning curve for the controls...im still not too great at aiming(I think me being left handed is really screwing me over...heh), but its too good to pass up. Anyone with either of these games post your friend code! Ill put mine up soon.
Wazpy 03-24-2006 05:21 AM
We played four player, single-cart Tetris. I kicked so much ass that my friend's needed to put rockets on my pieces... and I still won. I really like the items they added. It doesn't really change the game like the stupid bombs they always added in the past.
Dork 03-24-2006 02:24 PM
When I get my hands on some money I may buy Tetris DS. I always liked Tetris. And that Pokémon Trozei puzzle game is a load of fun so more puzzles might be right up my alley.

muchlove
-Dork
Sharpshooter005 03-24-2006 03:29 PM
I don't own a DS. But I did play ALOT of tetris on my gameboy (among other places, like a friends calculator back in high school when I was supposed to be doing work). So I feel comfortable when I say...multiplayer tetris is something I can't even concieve of.

If it's not in black and white, with that one bit of music playing, then I'm automatically suspicious.

edit:

This is what fear is shaped like.

quote:
They had multiplayer in the olden days too.

I did not know this. Then again..nobody I knew seemed to have a game boy, and I do vaguely remember some sort of 2 player link cable...
Wazpy 03-24-2006 04:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I don't own a DS. But I did play ALOT of tetris on my gameboy (among other places, like a friends calculator back in high school when I was supposed to be doing work). So I feel comfortable when I say...multiplayer tetris is something I can't even concieve of.

If it's not in black and white, with that one bit of music playing, then I'm automatically suspicious.

edit:

This is what fear is shaped like.

They had multiplayer in the olden days too. This game isn't much different...
Travis Bickle 03-24-2006 08:23 PM
Tetris DS is the first version of Tetris I like better than the original Game Boy one and any subsequent TI-83+ versions.
NVWC2006 04-02-2006 12:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
They had multiplayer in the olden days too.

I did not know this. Then again..nobody I knew seemed to have a game boy, and I do vaguely remember some sort of 2 player link cable...

yes, original game boy tetris had mario and luigi built in.. when you linked two games together, one gameboy became mario and the other luigi. the winner would become a super version and cheer, the loser would become normal sized and like look away, sad.

i still have an old original GB > GBC link cable..
Mugiwara Luffy 04-02-2006 04:16 PM
I got Metroid Prime Hunters a week ago. It is AWESOME. Best game I have for the DS. (well...Animal Crossing...hmm) Anyway, it is so much fun. It hurts my hand after a while but it's worth it.

I played Tetris DS in the store and there wasn't anything too amazing about it. Aren't all Tetris games basically the same?

This is my 2000th post!! I was going to wait and do something special but screw it, I'm too lazy.
X Prime 04-02-2006 07:11 PM
...Should I mention Tetris was derived from a different, I think German, game?
Sharpshooter005 04-02-2006 11:57 PM
quote:
...Should I mention Tetris was derived from a different, I think German, game?

It was inspired to some degree by Pentominoes.

Whether those are German or not, I have no idea.
Paradigm Dog 04-03-2006 12:27 PM
Actually, Tetris the video game concept is Russian. I don't know if Germany had something similiar prior to the original arcade Tetris, though.