The Official Snakes on a Plane Thread

Travis Bickle 03-23-2006 09:36 PM

They just finished reshooting more material to make Snakes on a Plane more awesome, and revealed this badass logo, so I thought it was time to make the official Snakes on a Plane thread.

Not only will it sweep the Oscars (take that, cowboys), but it will set a new standard for movies featuring snakes on planes.
Volt 03-23-2006 09:39 PM
I agree. I don't even have the words to express how good this movie will be, so I'll just start the inevitable posting of these hypothetical sequels instead.
Nine Kuze 03-23-2006 09:43 PM
I kind of already done this in the Daily Hustler thread earlier today but that's cool that someone made a separate thread for the movie though.

Yeah, I'm really starting to get excitied for the movie and its rather interesting that they shoot more footage to go from a PG-13 rating to a R rating. Nice.
Peace.
Mr. Peabody 03-23-2006 09:56 PM
I discovered this webcomic while searching for info on Snakes on a Plane.

You gotta admit, it sounded like a prank the first you heard about it. Confused

http://www.drunkduck.com/SNAKES_ON_A_PLA...ndex.php?=15682

WARNING

These comics feature strong language, Samuel L. Jackson, U2, and snakes on a plane!
Buck Buck #1 03-23-2006 09:56 PM
My life will not be complete untill I have seen Snakes on a Plane and any and all sequels that will undoubtedly follow it.
SEELE 08 03-23-2006 10:02 PM
An old snake with a cane? Why does it need a cane for? They don't have legs, they're snakes.... Sweatdrop
Hobodoken 03-23-2006 10:03 PM
My friends and I have already decided that we're going to all see this.

There's not even any need to really discuss it, it's just a given.
Generalissimo D 03-23-2006 10:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
I discovered this webcomic while searching for info on Snakes on a Plane.

You gotta admit, it sounded like a prank the first you heard about it. Confused

http://www.drunkduck.com/SNAKES_ON_A_PLA...ndex.php?=15682

WARNING

These comics feature strong language, Samuel L. Jackson, U2, and snakes on a plane!

That link made up for the abomination that was what Volt attached.

Seventy-fold.
M.S. Feather 03-23-2006 10:13 PM
I told my little sister about it and she said it was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard. Which of course means we're going to see it. Tongue

Snakes on a Plane...I love America.
David Ryder 03-23-2006 10:21 PM
haha great Idea CT, also nice pic sharp.
Sharpshooter005 03-24-2006 07:21 AM
quote:
I'll just start the inevitable posting of these hypothetical sequels instead.

"Planes should not be afraid of their snakes, snakes should be afraid of their planes"

S FOR SNAKE. COMING THIS SUMMER.

(That one I'd actually see.)

And that comic was great, particularly "YIDDISH MOTHERf***ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT."
Volt 03-24-2006 06:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
I'll just start the inevitable posting of these hypothetical sequels instead.

"Planes should not be afraid of their snakes, snakes should be afraid of their planes"

S FOR SNAKE. COMING THIS SUMMER.

(That one I'd actually see.)

And that comic was great, particularly "YIDDISH MOTHERf***ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT."

Hahaha. My friend sent me a whole batch of these pictures he found like that one. There must be, god, 3 dozen in there. Gotta sorta wonder about the people who make 'em, but, heh...

I loved the comic where the guy thought Samuel Jackson was Morgan Freeman.
Sharpshooter005 03-24-2006 06:36 PM
quote:
I loved the comic where the guy thought Samuel Jackson was Morgan Freeman.

Apparently Lawrence Fishburne (whos also awesome, if you haven't seen the version of Othello he was in go out and rent it right now) is mistaken for samuel l jackson alot, and it also apparently goes the other way around also.

edit: Apparently someone has analyzed the plot of snakes on a plane

They're saying its some sort of allegory to the role of aircraft in WWII

(I found this on Snakes on a Blog, your one stop shop for the preliminary coverage of Samuel L Jacksons cinematic deathmatch with those dasdardly snakes.)
088nd 03-24-2006 10:55 PM
Me and my friends are camping out before the release date dressed as snakes. Should be awesome.

Oh, and for sequel titles, Planes on a Snake?
SEELE 08 03-24-2006 11:00 PM
I can't believe this movie isn't a joke, is it being made to be absurdist or are they actually serious?
Sharpshooter005 03-24-2006 11:11 PM
quote:
I can't believe this movie isn't a joke

To be perfectly honest...aren't ALOT of movies jokes lately? Even (hell, especially) ones which don't intend to be?

Maybe part of its the internet. We've all hit some point where we all fervently wish we were the reincarnation of H.L. Mencken, and as such reduce anything offered to us into a mockery. And its hit the point where we need something patently absurd to stop us from attempting to find absurdities

Or maybe hollywood is just producing alot of bombs lately.

Or, perhaps, it's 12:14 A.M. and I'm in no state of mind to cogently diagnose the collective psyche, and this is all a load of hogwash phrased to sound as if it has some searing insight.

They're all fine options really.

quote:
is it being made to be absurdist or are they actually serious?

Really..it seems like they're taking an absurd subject, and then handling it with a certain degree of respect. Or something like that.

Either way...it's snakes, and they're on an airplane. Thats the ultimate summer movie.
Volt 03-24-2006 11:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
I can't believe this movie isn't a joke, is it being made to be absurdist or are they actually serious?

Well, uh, it was featured on NPR recently... so, serious enough to take away from pledge drive time.
Jim Starluck 03-25-2006 02:21 PM
quote:
quote:

Really..it seems like they're taking an absurd subject, and then handling it with a certain degree of respect. Or something like that.

Either way...it's snakes, and they're on an airplane. Thats the ultimate summer movie.

According to Mel Brooks (in the commentary for Blazing Saddles), Silly Stuff Done Seriously = Funny.

Who are we to argue? ¬¬
Dork 04-05-2006 10:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Starluck
quote:
quote:

According to Mel Brooks (in the commentary for Blazing Saddles), Silly Stuff Done Seriously = Funny.

Who are we to argue? ¬¬

If 'Snakes on a Plane' is a comedy and manages to revive the art of the absurd comedy I will be very happy.

Oh, and the moment I realized I had to see this movie?

When I found this userpic on LJ:

But I'll have to rent it. My mom hates snakes.

muchlove
-Dork
Nine Kuze 04-15-2006 06:31 PM
This is kind of small but I was reading Entertainment Weekly on Thursday like I do every week at my school's bookstore and they had an article on Snakes on a Planes and how it has the Internet going nuts.

But this is what got me excited: On the plane with Samuel L. Jackson, there are going to be around 400 snakes on the plane.

Think about that. Big Grin
Peace.