The Official Snakes on a Plane Thread

Fujiko 07-31-2006 01:07 AM
Did they make sure the soap smelled nice? Big Grin Wink
Sharpshooter005 07-31-2006 04:03 AM
My one fear is when I go see this movie, the theaters going to be packed with over-zealous internet types yelling out stuff.

edit: Speaking of b-movies. The sci-fi channel...the undisputed king of "whos actually watching this and liking it?" movies...was running a trailer for something about scorpions on a plane, and the tagline in it was "Before there were snakes on a plane...there were scorpions" and then it cut to this guy delivering the line "scorpions...giant scorpions" in the most forced, flat delivery imaginable. And I remember my dad was in the room watching this, and we both turned to each other and rolled our eyes.

I'm of course holding out for super-boa versus mega-shark on a cessna. Which I assume the sci-fi channel is already making.
Travis Bickle 07-31-2006 09:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
My one fear is when I go see this movie, the theaters going to be packed with over-zealous internet types yelling out stuff.

That's exactly what happened the first time I saw Clerks 2. I almost decked a guy behind me because he wouldn't stop doing the quick stop rap from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back in the middle of the movie.
Sir Nise 07-31-2006 01:24 PM
you should have killed that guy. I hope that when I see it, it doesn't suck most importantly.
David Ryder 07-31-2006 02:02 PM
quote:

For Snakes on a plane, I'd imagine so since people have all but ruined the movie by over hyping the piss out of it. Oh and the Sci-Fi movie does look pretty bad, and you know I will watch it. Love me some Sci-fi movies.
Generalissimo D 08-02-2006 09:42 PM
Generalissimo D 08-17-2006 06:44 PM
Whose ready for this?
Travis Bickle 08-17-2006 06:49 PM
I saw it earlier today. It's going to win the Oscar for best movie ever made.
Zopwx2 08-18-2006 06:01 AM
OMG IT WAS AMAZING.

Srsly best movie ever.

I honestly told like 2 friends to come, but word spread and we literally got approx. 32 people in our extended group to show up for the midnight screening.

We took up like 4 rows and between all the mst3king and the awesomness of the film, we were constantly cracking up.

Take as many friends as possible, find a packed theatre and experience this sh** for realz.
Xel 08-18-2006 02:43 PM
Caught the sneak preview last night. It... it's special.

...honestly, that's really the only adjective that fits. 8D But I'll tell you one thing.

It truly was Snakes on a Plane.
Sephiroth 08-18-2006 06:41 PM
It lived up to every expectation I had. There were Snakes. On a plane. That is all that needs to be said. Had my friend not talked during the entire thing, I would have actually soiled myself. If only.
Mr. Peabody 08-18-2006 06:57 PM
I saw Snakes on a Plane this afternoon and I loved it. I haven't laughed so hard and often at the movies since Bad Santa.
David Ryder 08-18-2006 10:26 PM
I went to go see it earlier, it was a total meh feast, nor did I find it funny. *insert stock Generic comment about there being snakes on a plane and the sheer kvltness of Sam Jackson.*
Travis Bickle 08-18-2006 10:45 PM
I saw it again. I almost beat the crap out of some fat WoW nerd behind me that kept yelling "...ON A MOTHAf***IN PLANE!"
David Ryder 08-18-2006 10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
I saw it again. I almost beat the crap out of some fat WoW nerd behind me that kept yelling "...ON A MOTHAf***IN PLANE!"

I was curious to know if other's had these problems. It wasn't that bad when I went, but it seems like I got off easy.
Big Money 08-18-2006 11:27 PM
Totally ruled. It was everything I expected it to be, and so, so much more.
Mr. Peabody 08-19-2006 09:46 AM
quote:

A Spanish woman and her children walked in just as the matinee showing I attended began. The kids were running around the theater, and the baby was crying (All baby's cry in movie theaters). I felt like telling the woman to get her kids under control, but what were the chances she understood English? Thank God they sat on the other side of the theater. I think they left 10 minutes into the movie.
Sharpshooter005 08-19-2006 03:52 PM
Oddly enough I'd probably be fine with the occasional "MOTHERf***IN SNAKES!!!" comment here and there in the theater. Normally I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind an elevated walkway in the theater, where corrections officers with shotguns would fire beanbag rounds into the face of a child or some internet type who screams things out during a movie, but this one just seems to lend itself to that.
Zopwx2 08-19-2006 05:21 PM
You guys suck. You went just to see the movie and not for the experience.

Complaining about peopel yelling stuff? That was the whole f***ing point.

We and everyone else in the theatre was constantly talking and yelling sh**, people throwing rubber snakes and model airplanes.

it was Mst3k times a million, it was awesome. I was rofling my ass off the entire time.

But I guess thats what I get for going to the first midnight screening at a major theatre.
Mike 08-19-2006 06:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:

A Spanish woman and her children walked in just as the matinee showing I attended began. The kids were running around the theater, and the baby was crying (All baby's cry in movie theaters). I felt like telling the woman to get her kids under control, but what were the chances she understood English? Thank God they sat on the other side of the theater. I think they left 10 minutes into the movie.

That happened to me when I saw Spiderman 2. Freakin' little kid was running around the whole time shouting, finally someone told his mom she should have gotten a babysitter.

...and yeah, there was a damn baby here this time too. But it wasn't crying (much) which was ok. But dude...half the theater was like 6 year olds. They're gonna have nightmares for weeks!

Awesome movie. Frickin' awesome movie. Champ Kind was even in it!