[Other] Rev's Art (~NEW UPDATE as of 6/28/06~)

harshfire 03-23-2006 08:59 PM
Er...hum...I'm going to get my Big O art on here eventually!!! lol. For now, you're going to have to just see my current arts. I'd like critique from all those artist here on the PCF! I want to see where I need work, my strong points, my weak points, etc. So...here goes nothing!

Edit on 1 May 2006: I've decided to start putting up some graphics here too! ^_^ Some I've made and thought looked nice, but I'm still newb at it, so give me a break! I don't mind pointers though.

Edit on 28 June 2006: New stuff! I've started to do some cg as well. I'm using a rather cheap program, but here's the stuff. ^__^

NEWEST UPDATES:
28 June 2006

Big O:
Beck colored

Sorry if these are a little small. The photobucket resized them....
Random:
Shew Colored
Yrael Ophiuchs
Katan colored
Shew colored #2

1 May 2006:
All of these are avatars (the same one with different font animation...)
Sora 1
Sora 2

Banners:
Green Banner

Drawings

Big O:

6 April 2006
Snake Marcato-This is a request from Snakemarcato13 on his Big O Rp character

23 March 2006
Dorothy Sketch
Alan Gabriel (Front View)
Alan Gabriel (3/4 view):

28 March 2006
Beck (Big O Fanart)
Beck (again) (Big O Fanart)
Dorothy (Big O Fanart)

Other:

6 April 2006
All of them are monochromatic color schemes:
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist Fanart
Katan-My RP character for something else
Lupin the 3rd-Lupin the 3rd fanart and request from M.S. Feather

23 March 2006
Shew and Rika
Darkness
Shew Ophiuchus
Neon Rebellion Chapter Cover
Kazu Muraki, RP Char.
Shew and his Nobody, Katan
Alsem Utsusemi (Neon Rebellion Character)
Shew Ophiuchus and his book

28 March 2006
Shew (Original Art)
Eyes (Original Art)
Hand's Eye (Orginal Art)
Happy Halloween (Holiday Original Art)

Later days:
Rev
snakemarcato13 03-23-2006 09:06 PM
I LOVE your work!
Nine Kuze 03-23-2006 09:12 PM
I didn't really check out the ones in the other section (my bad Frown ) but the Big O are as fresh as you know what. I especially like the Dorothy drawing (it looks like its just from the manga!) and the first Alan Gabriel one. Nice stuff and good work.
Peace.
snakemarcato13 03-23-2006 09:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
I didn't really check out the ones in the other section (my bad Frown ) but the Big O are as fresh as you know what. I especially like the Dorothy drawing (it looks like its just from the manga!) and the first Alan Gabriel one. Nice stuff and good work.
Peace.

That's what makes it so great!
M.S. Feather 03-23-2006 09:25 PM
Very nice!

I especially love the Dorothy pic and the first solo one of Shew. Your style is very soft and fluid and your shading is wonderful. I'd like to critique you on your weak points but I can't really find any...I mean jeez, you're only like fifteen and you already draw better than I do. What more do you want? Tongue
harshfire 03-23-2006 10:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by M.S. Feather
Very nice!

I especially love the Dorothy pic and the first solo one of Shew. Your style is very soft and fluid and your shading is wonderful. I'd like to critique you on your weak points but I can't really find any...I mean jeez, you're only like fifteen and you already draw better than I do. What more do you want? Tongue

lol. I didn't scan one of my more...interesting ones. It's a picture of an eyeball growing out of the ground like a tree, except the trunk are the optical nerves. XD lol. It looks like a Tim Burton drawing. It was a pencil sketch with shading.

A good way to shade, M.S. Feather, is to take either A) your finger tip, B) a q-tip, C) a napkin swirled to a tip, or D) a smudge stick (you can buy them in art stores for 50 cents to a $1 each. They aren't that expensive) and use it to blend the shadows more smoothly. That's what I used for the ones that are shaded (the pictures of Shew). Or you can used an eraser, but that's more frustrating because you have to rub lightly in circular motions and then go over it again to make it darker...

I prefer the smudge stick. The Dorothy and Alan Gabriel pictures were done in class out of boredom. The first one (the really light pencil sketch) was done out of boredom in class as well, and my character and my boyfriend's character are a couple in the RP as well.

The rest of them took a little more time. The ones I did of Shew and the one of Alsem were done to make up for points in Art I, since I was gone for a while. The first one of Shew with his hat was done in about an hour and a half, while the other picture of Shew with a book was done in about two hours. The Neon Rebellion cover art didn't take that long, only about one hour. It's only half penned. Tongue The Nobody story line was spoofed from KHII, and thus, Katan was created. He's basically a mirror image of Shew with Albino syndrome. If you look at the picture, he's the one with his back to the looker and the choker necklass. That took me about ten minutes to draw. XD Not that long. Same with the Alsem drawing.

Actually, the Neon Rebellion is the name of the Role Play, and we're trying to turn it into a manga. XD

Later days:
Rev
Hobodoken 03-23-2006 10:42 PM
Very nice!

The style's fairly developed, but the eyes on Katan and Shew...

I don't know, something about them just irks me.
snakemarcato13 03-23-2006 10:53 PM
Now she just needs to get that one of Snake up...
harshfire 03-23-2006 10:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
Very nice!

The style's fairly developed, but the eyes on Katan and Shew...

I don't know, something about them just irks me.

In the roleplay, when Shew uses his powers, his pupils dialate. :shrugs: I don't really know. Shew's eyes irk me half the time too. They scare me. >.< So I made his pupils all funky to represent that. lol.

Later days:
Rev
snakemarcato13 03-23-2006 11:21 PM
Hey, I like those eyes.
Sir Nise 03-24-2006 11:02 PM
Nice. The one with the Black goop had a little too much clutter for me. The pencil ones were hot though.
snakemarcato13 03-25-2006 12:26 AM
clutter's not always such a bad thing...
harshfire 03-25-2006 01:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise
Nice. The one with the Black goop had a little too much clutter for me. The pencil ones were hot though.

It took me a minute to understand what you meant by "Black goop". lol. Well, that's an old one, if you look at the date. I actually want to get it back from my art teacher from Junior high, but she won't give it back!!! *sob* lol. The "Black Goop" idea was taken from Kingdom Hearts, whent Riku's getting sucked down. It didn't quite come off right, though. It's kind of hard, because some things don't blow over well. Why? Because you don't see what I see. Unless you're a mind reader, in which case would be...you'd be seeing blurs right now. And a box of cereal. And maybe my boyfriend...

Later days:
Rev
snakemarcato13 03-25-2006 01:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rev XVII
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise

It took me a minute to understand what you meant by "Black goop". lol. Well, that's an old one, if you look at the date. I actually want to get it back from my art teacher from Junior high, but she won't give it back!!! *sob* lol. The "Black Goop" idea was taken from Kingdom Hearts, whent Riku's getting sucked down. It didn't quite come off right, though. It's kind of hard, because some things don't blow over well. Why? Because you don't see what I see. Unless you're a mind reader, in which case would be...you'd be seeing blurs right now. And a box of cereal. And maybe my boyfriend...

Later days:
Rev

Now you just need to add "that one pic" that we talked about...
Nightingale 03-25-2006 08:46 PM
I'm going to point out the first pic (Dorothy) as well because I really liked that one a lot, definately because it's based on the manga version of her, which I think is the cutest ^^
It has a lot of flow and character.
harshfire 03-28-2006 01:32 AM
I'll be updating again soon, with a few new drawings. A few of these won't be anime, and might be a little odd. I'm in a Tim Burton phase right now, and my friend was showing me some tips in pencil art. lol. So they might be a little freakish. Like, I have one where the eyeball is growing out of the ground like a tree, and the optical nerves are the trunk and the roots. Or the one of the eye ball growing out of hand.

But fear not, I have some Beck drawings too! Muwahahaa. lol. Beck is fun to draw, but they're all pen sketches.

So yea, update coming soon! (like, tomorrow hopefully.)

Later days,
Rev
BethMcBeth 03-28-2006 11:50 AM
Not bad I really loved the Dorothy one keep up the awesome work!

-Beth
harshfire 03-28-2006 08:03 PM
The update is complete!!! lol. It didn't take me that long to scan them, but I had to find some of them.

Snake, I'm sorry! I have to find that one picture...It's lying around this messy room somewhere! Anyway, that's all I have time for now, since I've got Biology work to do. T_T *sob* Anyway, quick description of the newest artworks:

Beck #1: Ah, just a pen doodle. I had fun with it. He has an evil smirk on his face...done on a road trip. It's so much fun to draw Beck's hair!!!
Beck #2: Same thing, just another doodle.
Dorothy: A pen sketch done in the name of pen sketchyness. I'm trying to finalize that with pen and color pencil, or at least as a pencil drawing, but I'm not having much luck. I messed up on her eyes in this. >.<
Shew: Another drawing of Shew-shew-kun!!! He's so fun to draw! This was the original design for him, though it's changed after a little while now. It's not quite as recent as the others I've posted are...His eyes are scary.
Eyes: Ah, yes. The eyeball drawing I mentioned earlier. Here it is! There's really no explanation for this, other than the fact that I was bored out of my mind.
Hand's Eye: Again, no explanation. I started it in Spanish class fifth period and didn't finish it until Algebra third period the next day. lol. My scanner sucks, so part of it got cut off. It looks so much better in person! I swear!
Happy Halloween: My halloween card I sent out to my friends. Nuff said.

Later days:
Rev
snakemarcato13 03-28-2006 11:31 PM
AHHH!!! *pouts* that one picture...I've been waiting on....bummer.

I still love the work.
M.S. Feather 03-29-2006 07:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rev XVII
Beck (Big O Fanart)
Beck (again) (Big O Fanart)

Those are just...so...cute. ^^

That literally just brightened my day, thank you. Smile

They're really good, I love the line work...but I couldn't help but notice that you have the wrong ear pierced. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.
I agree that Beck's hair is really fun to draw though. Every time I draw him I try and come up with different ways to draw his curls. Just to add a little diversity I guess...

By the way, I love your handwriting.