MGS4 setting revealed?

Paradigm Dog 03-21-2006 11:27 AM
Possible spoilers ahead:

I've been following Kojima Productions English Hideoblog/Hidechan Radio. Most recently, they've started showing "on-scene" information gathering trips. Though they didn't tell the viewers where they were, based on statements made, the E3 MGS4 trailer, and this latest video report, it appears it will be . . . Turkey.

The people's clothing and the archetecture looked like quite like Turkey to me. (see Spriggan The Movie for an anime visual of the place). It would make sense in a way, seeing as how Turkey is one fo the links between the traditional East and West--hence why there are presumeably Russian and American forces in the streets in the trailer.

I guess one has to wonder what Snake would be doing in Turkey. Perhaps a new Metal Gear development site is there? The headquarters of the Patriots?--maybe they formed there during the World Wars? Maybe Olga's baby's hidden there. Who knows, but it'll be very interesting to find out when the game hits...in like 2008, or whenever... If it's out before the Holidays 2007, I'll be shocked.
Travis Bickle 03-21-2006 12:30 PM
They said it'll take place in several locations. Not just one single location.

But I wouldn't be shocked.
Generalissimo D 03-21-2006 03:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Maybe Olga's baby's hidden there.

Raiden has it. Or gets it, at least.
Sharpshooter005 03-21-2006 04:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Maybe Olga's baby's hidden there.

Raiden has it. Or gets it, at least.

Since he's shown wearing the baby in some bizzare sling, maybe thats the replacement for the kevlar vest from MGS and MGS2.

The baby is a human shield.
Paradigm Dog 04-03-2006 09:26 AM
Now that I think about it, I guess it could be Morocco, too. That's my other guess right now. But maybe no one else is following Kojima Productions Reports. lol.